Airsoft Forums UK

Opinion on these goggles?

JBeck

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi just a simple post, I want to get some new googles like these but cant tell if they are safe and will protect my valuable eyes.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-glasses-and-goggles/clear-wide-view-rubber-rimmed-goggles-black.htm#.VsyivvKLSM8

https://jdairsoft.net/essentials/protection/0/asg-dual-lens-tactical-glasses-clear

Thanks

The second link didnt work for us.

The first doesn't mention anything about protection rating or standard compliance.

In our experience, the words budget and eye protection don't mix well.

Its worth spending decent money on rated eye protection before you worry about all the other airsoft paraphernalia.

Also consider fogging and the goggles look like they would fog easy.

• Root Admin

Who's 'us'?

They're rated perfectly fine - we've had this come up before with the Patrol base ones at least (they're a clone of the Bolle X1000s). I Googled for the second pair because OP put a space in the link that I didn't notice until just now: https://jdairsoft.net/protection/asg-dual-lens-tactical-glasses-clear

That said, I agree with you that it's worth spending a little more.

To OP: Those ASG ones are actually a clone of the ESS V12s. I'd just buy a set of them as they're not much more and you get all the lenses, case and anti-fog cloth with them.

Im assuming you mean the ASG ones from JD Airsoft are better, I haven't been Airsofting long but I have finally decided to get my own protection.

And just off topic what are the mesh goggles like loads of people wear those.

• Root Admin

No, both are not what I'd put my money on . Like I said in both posts, buy some issued V12s if you're a bit strapped for cash and like the look of the ASG ones. Don't skimp on eye protection if you can really help it.

Mesh doesn't fog; some people find it darkens their vision too much - I've never owned a pair so can't really comment but that's the key pro and cons to them. Again, you need to buy a decent pair - Heroshark do great mesh goggles.

Okay I got confused, its clear to me now.

If the Goggles say this on them, "Exceeds ANSI/ISEA Z87.1 High Impact Requirements" does this mean they are good and are a durable pair?

The name of them is Valken V-Tac Tango Airsoft Goggles

Can I be Captain Downside, and just recommend that if you buy eye protection online, especially fleeBay, buy from as reputable and established a proper Airsoft retailer as you can.

Just like Xuebing Fleecya can claim their lightening adapter is 100% authentic Apple, in reality it's is a knock off that'll burn your place down... They may claim their eye protection is up to a certain standard, but buyer beware...

• Root Admin

eBay users are stocking genuine ESS V12s because the MoD bought far too many and there's an astronomical surplus right now. That's why they're cheap - not because they're copies.

I agree though that I'd never buy unrated goggles or glasses.

The second pair stated that they were vented and dual lens, but didn't say if it had any anti fog coating.

Are there any good sprays to coat your goggles before a game that won't smudge the lenses?

• Root Admin

Which second link? The ASG ones?

I don't know of any goggle that comes with a true permanent 'anti-fog' coating beyond the usual sales speak, but there are certainly a lot of effective ways to get rid of fog and products you can buy to help with it. FogTech DX and Catcrap are two I've had a good experience with, but Bob Heath is also one that crops up on this forum a lot - use the search and see if you can find the thread about anti-fog. There are many varying opinions on this though so I'd really encourage you to do your own research.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.