Anyone use a fast helmet with dye i4's?

Jay85

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As above guy and girls, looking for someone/anyone who uses the above combo during skirmishes or MilSim events! It's the route I wanna go but have a few questions which may save me a few quid. Any and all help appreciated.

Cheers

J

• Head Moderator

Yes, see this thread. http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/28885-dye-i4-mask/?hl=fans#entry220804

I did have to modify my Fast helmet, followed a couple of YouTube videos for reference, to get the mask inside it. Fairly simple process: remove screws from front of rails, cut plastic straps and carefully pull off front padded section, remove soft padding from polystyrene part and replace soft padding into helmet and reattach the rails. Effectively you remove the front padding to allow the mask space to sit inside the helmet, otherwise the helmet rests on the mask and there is this small oval gap offering no protection to the forehead. Think you need the FMA or Emerson type Fast helmet to mod it, not the cheaper china clone with solid polystyrene insert, although you could probably remove some of the insert to make space (depends on your craft skills).

Cheers guys, thanks for the link! What I really wanted to know was how badly do they fog with a fast helmet!! I'm on about a maratime one, with the vent holes as I'd rather not fit use fans, I mainly play in woodland by the way 😊

• Supporters

I like how FMA and Emerson aren't regarded as 'cheap china clones'.

Shall we say "less cheap" china clones? Let's face it not many people would even begin to know where to get a pukka one...

• Head Moderator

I like to think of them as replicas, and the clones as copies of the replicas. :)

That makes no sense whatsoever..

FMA and Emerson helmets are copies of the real thing, a replica, in the same way that a Tokyo Marui gun is a replica of the real steel. And the really cheap ones, the 'clones' (without the symantics of all helmets probably being made in china) whilst also copies, are more like the JBBG version :)

[i just use the term "cheaper china clone" because I like the alliteration]

FMA and Emerson helmets are copies of the real thing, a replica, in the same way that a Tokyo Marui gun is a replica of the real steel. And the really cheap ones, the 'clones' (without the symantics of all helmets probably being made in china) whilst also copies, are more like the JBBG version :)

They are all clones regardless, which is why those convoluted semantics make no sense whatsoever.

• Supporters

What? The really cheap ones are also copies of the real thing, just made cheaper!

Everyone going all 'mine's an expensive good one because it has a dial like the real one'... Ops Core make and supply h-napes with all their helmets, the worm dial fitting is also standard but by no means the option.

Does it really matter whether its cheap or expensive or who made it?

Its a bump lid for the purpose of playing a game, its 99% looks and 1% functionality.

Always a bad idea to ask a mans opinion on his helmet

Yes it does matter, because my hat is cheaper than his and he doesn't like it! :ph34r:

• Supporters

All reproduction helmets are clones, some are slightly better made than others, but they're all clones. None of them are rated for any kind of protection and I wouldn't trust one to protect my head against any real threat. For bumps and knocks though a clone with some comfy pads is just as good as a real one.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.