New site in Oxfordshire - Abingdon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

Putting in a link to their website would be useful. I assume this is it: Badlands Abingdon http://www.swindonairsoft.co.uk/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=229

Not much information except the address and walk on fee £10. They really do need to put some effort into their website. Is it outdoor urban or woodland or both; is it CQB, what are the site fps limits, timings, etc

Edit: I do not do facebook, so all relevant information needs to be on a normal website as well.

Edited by Jedi_Master

Unfortunately that website is blocked where I work so I have to use a proxy, I wasn't sure if the links would work(?)

https://eu2.proxysite.com/process.php?d=joV9rFmPUEtFjsXbWlnSh9ZVOH0UxGh94NC8jzqI8%2BSvEnKQem10RnlctBnl3fiCGU30j3FkzqVUoX%2BQptmV9S9wO2%2F5A8c%3D&b=1

The £10 is to reserve your place but it's actually £25 in total

"This booking is for 1�Walk On player�charged at �25 at Swindon Airsoft's�Badlands site.

Located at Abingdon Airfield, Honeybottom Lane Entrance, Abingdon, OX13 6BX.

Gates open at 08:30, game brief at 09:30, games start at 10:00, Finish at 16:00.

To secure your place a �10 deposit is required�and the remainder is to be paid on the day.
  • Site FPS limit is 340 FPS on a 0.20g BB�guns, 500 FPS for bolt action snipers only, no DMRs are allowed.
  • Participant minimum age is 10 years old to play, accompanied by parent or guardian or nominated adult.
  • Participants who are 17 years or under must wear full face masks.
  • The minimum age of participants using pyrotechnics is 18 years."

I think it's a more urban outdoor type site but I am not really sure so I was just going to go and find out. The owner mentioned there were bunkers and so forth but also that it's a snipers paradise which implies it's not going to be a cqb site.

I will go either way but if anyone needs to know the details maybe just give them a call on 01793 435999

Interesting.

This is around 20 minutes away from me so I think I'll have to grace it with my presence.

The videos are quite helpful, it looks quite an interesting site. For those who don't use Facebook it shows several very dark rooms/buildings with all the windows boarded up - which I assume will remain the case so bring a torch. I don't have a torch mounted but I will make do with a handheld I suppose, although there is also an open outdoor section so it looks like a combo of very long and very short range game-play.

Def I will hopefully see you there, I am the ugly fellow with a scoped Aug wearing realtree camo (it's all I have back from my air rifle/falconry days).

I'm in the process of rounding up the troops so hopefully we'll be able to make it. I have that "new site" dilemma though - what loadout? May need to go shopping ;-)

• Head Moderator

Whoever goes, it would be useful to have a site review of your experience and any good and bad points from the day.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't able to make the opning day, but will probably be there for the next one. Any feedback from those that DID make it?

Looks good, Certainly be nice to have a good site in my Local area, For those who want it, You could print this off as a map:

12771821_1668891550016441_14911541286156

Not sure of the zones or building names. Also, My first post here, Yay! :D

I wonder why DMRs are not allowed, with modern technology you can lock out the trigger for longer than a BASR.

What is a DMR Btw? I read Designated Marksman Rifle, but I'm not really sure why they're not allowed?

• Supporters

I can only think that they are not allowed to avoid confusion. Maybe they had problems with ppl stating their gun is dmr but spammed the trigger so fast that it was just like an automatic one.

There is an even worse rule at blue streak where any bolt action gun has 30m MED. I have one of mine sniper rifles under 350fps to be able to have close shots but there I would use my 500fps rifle. And they actually allow 550fps for bolties. How is that for safety? :)

Well, that was a pretty fun time. Got 3 maybe 4 kills, 2 deaths. (Maybe 3, But I'm fairly sure it was just a twig on my visor, if not I apologise to whoever pulled off a shot at 60m with massive wind, right between the eyes)

Now, I'm going to go Hibernate.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.