Kj Works KC-02

WoodfordWolf

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

yup. It's a great little gas rifle which can be modded into many various nice looking rifles. Out the box it works well and can handle up to Co2 without any modifications.

recommended upgrades are:

A+ hop rubber and longer inner barrel (the stock one is quite short)

other things that can be done:

replace the rear pin with a rubber version to reduce wear on the bolt.

replace the ugly stock with a nice wooden version (you need to remove the rear tang for it to fit in most real steel stocks.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PT247

Mine has now arrived and out the box it is nice. I have ordered a wooden stock for it which will take a couple of weeks to arrive and have fitted the 3D printed VSR hop chamber, laylax 303mm 6.03 barrel and TM VSR bucking which has given a little boost in fps but as good as eliminated left to right sway of the BB at range. It is occasionally over hopping which I am not sure on the cause yet but on 8 out of 10 shots it shoots incredibly straight and true and the other 2 seem to just lift it a couple of foot above my target to drop down later which poss could be an advantage if I can control it on longer ranged targets. I am in the future going to fit a 390mm inner barrel, probs a PDI 6.05mm as they can do custom lengths, and when the wooden stock arrives I'll order a silencer to hopefully make it as stealthy as my TM Mk23 SOCOM :D

Where did you get it from mate?

I am literally looking at these myself watched some reviews and all seems rosey

Guest PT247

Used mine for a game yesterday, ambient temp was around 2' in the morning so waited till it had warmed up a bit and took it out just before lunch. I have the 3D printed VSR chamber and a 303mm Laylax barrel mated with a TM bucking and was running 0.43g Proball BBs.

I was very impressed with it's range and accuracy although I found myself adding more and more hop (small increments) throughout the game. Am not sure if this was due to the temp or that maybe the bucking needs to bed into the hop-up chamber and nub? But the left to right consistency was amazing with all BBs traveling straight (L/R) for their full travel. I think it will settle down on the hop issue over time; I am going to be fitting a Maleleaf 70' bucking to see how that is and have also ordered a slightly longer VSR cut PDI barrel (mainly so I can put the 303mm one back in my VSR lol. The Laylax 303mm barrel is a 6.03 and the PDI will be 6.05 so I imagine the extra 77mm will not make much difference to fps but will hopefully add a fraction more stability to the BB travel (not that it needs it).

I tried taking it out again after lunch but I think everything had gotten a lot colder (had a dab of sleet when leaving) and was having BB feed issues so reverted back to my AEG.

I really can't wait to put this through it's paces when the weather warms up a bit, it chrono'd at around 355fps first thing at start of the day on 0.2s but at home in the warm it was hitting 412fps. Once the warmer weather kicks in I'll try out some different gasses to see what works the best, DOGTAGs DMR limit is 420 so may need to use a weaker gas and Battlelakes has a 450 limit so would be nice to be able to get closer to that for the odd visit I make there.

Guest PT247

If anyone already has a KC-02 or is buying one, I have a spare 3D printed VSR chamber for the KC-02 which allows you to use VSR buckings and inner barrels. It is unused, unopened in the shapeways packaging still. They retail at £32 including shipping in the UK, will sell it for £27 inc postage within the UK and Paypal fees.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.