Complete noob

Blake7

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, not sure where to start ?

Ive never touched an airsoft gun in my life, have done a day session of paintball at my brothers stag doo back in 2007 which was awsome and I throughly enjoyed it.

Ive tried to rustle up a few mates to join me on regular sessions of paintball over the years, they including myself talk the talk but none seem really interested, recently tried to do the same with airsoft, again little interest so it looks like im going it alone.

Watched lots of YouTube vids of differing scenarios, all look great fun.

I'm 41 years of age and live in Ramsgate Kent. I'm looking for a venue to initially have a go and see how it pans out from there, fire an airsoft gun, experience a session whilst at the same time not looking like a complete knob running around the field without a clue and being chucked in the middle of a load of die hard Rambo types, also don't really want to travel too far at this stage.

What's attracting me to Airsoft more than Paintball ... not sure really, maybe the more realistic weaponry and scenarios ?

So where do I go, and how do I get involved ? Found a website detailing a map showing my area of East Kent (Airsoft map UK) with sites around the Dover and Folkestone area. Shadow Ops seems ok but it looks like the website is outdated, maybe closed ?

Also Invicta Soft seem to have a few sites close to me but the websites don't seem to exist ?

I have absolutely no kit, so need to hire.

Looking for some suggestions and reassurance.

Hi all, not sure where to start ?

Ive never touched an airsoft gun in my life, have done a day session of paintball at my brothers stag doo back in 2007 which was awsome and I throughly enjoyed it.

Ive tried to rustle up a few mates to join me on regular sessions of paintball over the years, they including myself talk the talk but none seem really interested, recently tried to do the same with airsoft, again little interest so it looks like im going it alone.

Watched lots of YouTube vids of differing scenarios, all look great fun.

I'm 41 years of age and live in Ramsgate Kent. I'm looking for a venue to initially have a go and see how it pans out from there, fire an airsoft gun, experience a session whilst at the same time not looking like a complete knob running around the field without a clue and being chucked in the middle of a load of die hard Rambo types, also don't really want to travel too far at this stage.

What's attracting me to Airsoft more than Paintball ... not sure really, maybe the more realistic weaponry and scenarios ?

So where do I go, and how do I get involved ? Found a website detailing a map showing my area of East Kent (Airsoft map UK) with sites around the Dover and Folkestone area. Shadow Ops seems ok but it looks like the website is outdated, maybe closed ?

Also Invicta Soft seem to have a few sites close to me but the websites don't seem to exist ?

I have absolutely no kit, so need to hire.

Looking for some suggestions and reassurance.

Read the guides in this forum? If not do that.

Second, some airsoft venues have taken to foolishly only operating off facebook, its their loss, but check those near you are not.

I'm not so sure i'd call it more these things, but it's a lot less pointless than paintball.

Yeah noticed quite a few on Facebook not seen on the web.

Including one just around the corner from me at Quex.

Quex advertise paintball but looks like they have recently ventured into AirSoft as well, although details of the AirSoft part of the business is not as well advertised. They also seem to be UKARA approved too.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :)

Try typing the word "kent" into the search tool. Then have a read through the threads, some will have site info, i.e. http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/27738-new-player-ashford-kent/?hl=kent

Also there is this sticky with airsoft map of sites, http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/3580-finding-a-skirmish-site/ not always up to date but it gives you some places to start searching on Google

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.