Help Needed What to choose??

WoodfordWolf

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Had my first day of air soft yesterday and really enjoyed it. Have done alot of paint balling in the past but air soft has changed me.

So im after some advice.

I'm looking at DMR's and the kc-02 has caught my eye.
Anyone got any reviews on these or maybe selling one?

Whats best Gas or Electric?

Then im looking at CQ guns maybe pistols as you cant use DMR's in building.

Can anyone help and offer any advice for me

Thanks

AEGs are generally more reliable than gas.
Would suggest getting an AEG that can be used in all situations as a first gun so around 350fps which will allow you to have full auto and no MED so allowed to be used up close and personal, a DMR in real life would be a large rifle and in airsoft to reap the benefit of the "DMR" rules require a fair amount of tinkering to get somit that gives you enough range/accuracy advantage over a 350fps gun to compensate for the semi only and minimum engagement distance. Also a pistol will cost around £100, better spending that money on your AEG and buying a good one rather than a compromise on price to allow you to buy a pistol you will probs only use 3 or 4 times in a year.

I've no experience with the KC-02 but from the YouTube vids it looks ok, they are always edited to only show the good bits though. Does look an interesting gun though, I'd be interested to see if anyone has experience with one first hand.

Thanks for your reply

AEG are ready to go straight into combat?

Any recommendations on these?

As a player I do like to scope the field of play and every loves a distance hit. Which is why I was looking at the kc-02. But are there any good AEGS that could give me that range.

I am new to all this but I'm wishing to have guns for all games and locations.

Yea has anyone used a KC-02?

Combat! Easy tiger, its just a game.... :)

Can't help with the kc-02, they do look good and I did consider one before I got my g5, there's a kc-02 owners group on facebook I'm sure they can answer any questions..

I actually was getting pretty drunk last night and after another hour of drinking (yup went to bed around 6am lol) I crazily ordered a KC-02 and a couple of mags.... gotta love the power of suggestion, I'm a glutton for airsoft lol! :D

Anyhows, I have no idea if it is a good rifle, but hopefully it will be and I've not just spunked a wedge of cash on somit useless lol.

Everything all depends on your budget really, you'll need some decent boots and eye-pro, batteries and charger (if AEG) gas (if gas), a wedge of BBs (0.25g) a few mags if gas, a couple of hi-caps if AEG and a gun. So the main question is how much money do you have to spend on just the gun?

Don't rush into anything.

You're at the start of a hedonistic spending orgy, so you need to put the brakes on a little.

Play a few games and have a look (and if possible feel) of the sites rental and other players guns (with their permission).

You will yo-yo around with different ideas of makes and types until you settle, so try to resist the urge.

Snipers and DMRs are more suitable for more players who have played a while as they incur minimum engagement zones which means you are kept at longer distance from the action. Probably better to buy a general purpose rifle for now and consider S & D's as a second gun down the line.

Guys thanks for the advice so far. My budget is around the £600 can go little more if need for guns and upgrades. Which is why Im thinking kc-02 and a AEG plus 2 pistols. So say £300 left over can I get a decent AEG and 2 good pistols for that?

What do you guys think about buying second hand aswell?

PT247 Hope it was a good night and a good purchased. As I'm waiting for licence can you keep me posted on the gun and your thoughts on it

Thanks

I say get a nice pistol like a glock with many aftermarket accessories and turn it into a rifle if you want.

I love them glock brand glock guns,the glock brand glock rifle is my favourite glock brand glock gun

• Root Admin

They're good, but they're GBBRs so they're a whole different kettle of fish. Check your site doesn't ban CO2 or be ready to fork out for an HPA setup.

You can get reviews for lots of these guns outside of this thread - I'd recommend doing that first as you'll get a more complete answer and won't waste people's time if they're just having to repeat what's already been discussed elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.