Best value, high quality Fast Helmet

Paveway

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Title says it all really; but, for clarity what is the best value Fast Helmet out there. This has to be a quality helmet which can be accessorised with decent attachments.

As well as a good ergonomic fit the helmet should be adjustable and comfortable to wear.

Any experiences and advice welcomed.

Cheers

Dave

I think FMA's are regarded the highest quality. But aren't there only a few different brands making them really - namely FMA / Emerson and one other - Red Dragon or something?

NUPROL and Viper, I'm pretty sure are just re-branded Emerson or FMA,

I have an FMA one which is much better quality than the Emerson one I had before, but that was the 'economy' cheap version though.

I did see the FMA helmets actually and was curious about them. Glad to hear that they are good quality.
​Definitely cheaper than the real article either way. I think spending the £250 on a SF Kevlar helmet is a little overkill ;-)

​Cheers guys

Dave

After a lot of research, seriously, a lot, i found and bought this one. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161618558452?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So glad as it is a real solid comfortable helmet. Sooo happy with it and only took 7 working days to get here!

• Head Moderator

After a lot of research, seriously, a lot, i found and bought this one. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161618558452?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So glad as it is a real solid comfortable helmet. Sooo happy with it and only took 7 working days to get here!

Agree, when I was looking for another FAST helmet this was the best option. I always look inside the helmet to see the fittings and padding, would not buy one with the solid polysterene insert that the cheaper/poorer quality ones have. Worth spending the extra to get the FMA helmet over the generic Chinese ones for £20-30 which have less adjustability.

Agree, when I was looking for another FAST helmet this was the best option. I always look inside the helmet to see the fittings and padding, would not buy one with the solid polysterene insert that the cheaper/poorer quality ones have. Worth spending the extra to get the FMA helmet over the generic Chinese ones for £20-30 which have less adjustability.

Spoken like a true Jedi Master.

• Moderators

I got a pj style helmet from Airsoftpeak, had the head adjustment dial as well which some copies don't have, try Firesupport as well, they stock a few helmets

Cheers guys, really appreciate the way this has been answered. The Fma was the one i was looking at, albeit by accident.

I am looking for a headset too, to hang from the rails. It will be to fit my Midland. Currently im using a Bow M style, but the helmet means more 'Stuff'. Being an airsofter, we all like to buy 'stuff' ;-)

Dave

• Moderators

Yep we do indeed, keep me posted on headset, interested in one, just to listen really but depends on games

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.