KJ works G23

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been having a problem with my Glock for a little while now :( the problem is that the slide will not fully fly forward & gets stuck around the hammer area

It's well maintained (cleaned & oiled after every game day as is my M1911) & I put a 6mm spacer ring on the recoil spring & guide to see if that worked but it hasn't. I use green gas in both pistols(the 1911 is full metal) but want to use a gas a bit more stronger but because it's a polymer slide, I don't want it destroyed

Could I try a stronger recoil spring & where can I get them from & could I use a stronger spring from a different pistol manufacturer ??

Cheers guys :)

• Root Admin

You can also take some material off the slide and smooth it down there. I've had that issue with my Guarder slides.

All depends on whether this is a problem he's had for a while or just recently though. Could be an issue with the hammer otherwise.

I've had it going on a little while now but & it happens when it's warm or cold

I sanded the part that pushes the hammer back & it still does it, I also sanded the black finish off the slide rails & again no joy

I'll give the trick in the photo a try & see what happens

Did it work?

Certainly made it a little better & will sand down the slide rails aswell but I have to see what happens once I'm out in the cold weather

Think I may go with a 130% or 150% spring & see how it goes

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.