Is this worth buying

K@rl

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Weather is freezing outside and I am bored and think am goin to warm my little plastic friend up. Quicker I order the quicker I can start turning a working gun into a pile of parts! ⚙

• Root Admin

Not really. I'll say this: I think 90o triggers feel marginally nicer as they have a more clean break when you go to pull the trigger (generally not down to the overall design of that perpendicular sear engagement area, but just better materials and quality control than stock units), but the difference is negligible and doesn't really justify the price tag if that's the only reason you're buying it.

On a stock, 45o trigger the engagement area is small because stock springs don't wear the sears much. The point of the 90o was to increase that contact area, thereby reducing wear on the sears overall - allowing one to use a stronger spring without risking undue wear on the sears. This is one of the many reasons why just throwing a powerful spring into a stock sniper rifle is a bad idea, yet people (unfortunately usually new players) do it all the time and then have their trigger mech just go kaput one day and it starts slam firing.

So in short: Don't bother. If you do, go for the cheaper offering like the Airsoft Pro as I've found it just as good as the PDI one (not tried the LayLax or Action Army or others so can't comment on them). Sell on the spring and piston you get with the kit. There are better ways to spend that £45 - put it into your scope fund, for example.

• 2 weeks later...

Right just in the process of buying a g spec off GREER. (Thanks to him)

I will soon be ordering the unread kit. Total tech noob question (my first spring gun FYI) how can I tell the difference between the two triggers.

• Root Admin

Read this thread: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/30072-thinking-of-buying-a-tm-l96/

I'm not sure if 'unread kit' is the result of autocorrect or something, but just to reiterate increase it's not: Try to go the SDiK route. If you have the money for a 90o trigger, piston, guide, nozzle, cylinder and spring then you also have enough money to buy the SDiK if you substitute those normal spring upgrades for it.

Here's the post in that thread that answers your question: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/30072-thinking-of-buying-a-tm-l96/?p=233237 - in summary, you don't need a 90o trigger and nor will a stock rifle from the major clone manufacturers come with one.

It was auto correct, ment to be SDiK kit. Looks great.

I know there are two Trigger options on the gun. (When it comes) or are all the g spec ones the same?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.