Barrel Notch Help

StarkeyUK

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I have a VFC M27 with a 420mm barrel. The only barrel I can find that is 420mm is a prometheus barrel but it is for an M14. I have read the M14 barrels have notches (that hold the hop up unit on) in a slightly different place to standard AEG barrels. If someone could measure how far the notches on their standard barrel is from the end of the barrel that would be amazing. Then I can confirm if I have an m14 barrel or a standard barrel.

I know this is an odd request as my gun is not an m14 but I don't want to spend a load of money on a barrel to find that it isn't right.

Thanks in advance

• Root Admin

The notches that are different on the M14 are for the clip on the hop unit (the two perpendicular cuts). Not the long ones that run parallel with the barrel.

The M14 barrel accepts the same AEG bucking that AEGs use - it's a case of it not being able to secure itself in the hop unit that's the issue.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.