A.W.E?

HSCtheta7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Reading through a copy of AI this morning drew me to a new brand of airsoft pistols under the name 'A.W.E'. It's apparently exclusive to Airsoft World - so far they have 1911s and a Glock 18, all supposedly compatible with WE. From what I can tell, they seem to be rebranded Army Armament guns. Could anyone shed any light on them? Seriously considering buying their MEU to see what it's like.

Thanks,

Theta

• 6 months later...

Probably not too bad of a purchase then, huh?

I am looking at this gun right now. As I would like something with full-auto capability (just in case and just for fun) this is quite tempting especially for the price (with metal receiver).

Did you buy this gun in the end?

would you recommend it?

how about quality any good?

internal parts seems to be durable? or the gun will initiate self-destruct sequence after second skirmish?

Thank you

P.S. I am aware that this is quite old topic but uncle Google seems to be very quiet in this matter and I am fishing for every bit of information available :)

Never actually bought the Glock, thought to be a WE one but even if not I can give an overview of what you can expect.

WE's Glocks are pretty nicely made, fairly reliable and perform decently...mags have a high chance of developing leaks though, so consider some TM mags instead. The full-auto mode, while a huge amount of fun, often result in faults - to do with selectors and for some reason trigger units.

In all honesty, you may as well pay the £20-£30 more for a WE model. Or go further afield and get a Marui.

Never actually bought the Glock, thought to be a WE one but even if not I can give an overview of what you can expect.

WE's Glocks are pretty nicely made, fairly reliable and perform decently...mags have a high chance of developing leaks though, so consider some TM mags instead. The full-auto mode, while a huge amount of fun, often result in faults - to do with selectors and for some reason trigger units.

In all honesty, you may as well pay the £20-£30 more for a WE model. Or go further afield and get a Marui.

Thank you for your reply.

I am torn between WE and AWE only because I am aware that full auto will result in increased wear and tear but as you said it is tons of fun.

so if I will break the gun either way maybe it is worth to keep those £20-30 for spares (if they are compatible)? Mags are also quite cheap £14 comparing to WE £25

It would be great to hear first hand expedience from A.W.E. user .... anybody ... anywhere ...?

• Supporters

I have gen 4 we g18c, never had an issue or a leaky mag (3 gas mags, 2 co2 winter mags). Just use good gas and give it a squirt of silicone oil every now and then :)

Liked my gun so much I bought a double barrel we g18c :D

Archived