Best stock AEG's?

Sscorpiun

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm a proud(ish) owner of a G&G cm16 srl, which I still use stock out of the box. Other than some battery/functioning issues, (e.g.http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/29759-g-g-cm16-srl-battery-issues/), it's a joy to use. Nevertheless, of course, I would prefer to have a 100% reliable gun at my disposal when skirmishing. This brings me onto the topic here:

I need a new AEG (m4 style) that is reliable, and high performing straight out of the box for under £400.

Every article I've read on the subject is either outdated or unhelpful.

I've heard TM have exceptional internals, but I would like to be sure. Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Krytac or Tokyo Marui.

Krytac SPR

Bolt or Krytac

I'm noticing the Krytac trend here. I've only heard of them. Never used or even seen one of their products. What makes them so good?

And as a side note: if I wasn't limited to an m4 style AEG would that change things?

Well shimmed, good tolerances, decent hop; they shoot good.

Tokyo Marui have a wider range of guns and they're (mostly) all good, but people are certainly leaning towards Krytac for M4s these days.

Are there any notable TM guns I should check out? Had a look at krytac and I'm loving what I'm seeing, but I'd like a bit of choice. I was looking at TM's high cycle Aug the other day and was wondering if that would perform well stock?

• Root Admin

Their SCAR-H sells pretty well, as does their 416D and others. Basically any of the version 2 recoil series tend to get a large following, but electric blowback isn't for everyone and you should get your hands on one first to see what it's like.

Their hi-cycle series is good. The thing about TM is their hop units - they are always pretty good out of the box. With airsoft if you want the absolute best gun money can buy you do have to build it yourself generally regardless of what you're looking for, but brands like TM and Krytac come very close to being spot-on without any upgrades necessary; many would also argue that there are a lot of guns out there that don't need upgrading at all, and I can see why they'd say that especially with some of the more modern designs.

The AUG and their P90 are interesting because of their rate of fire (around 30rps wiht a 7.4v LiPo, which is quite high), though they do - like all TM guns - shoot at a slightly lower muzzle energy than other brands (made up for by their hop though). Never fired the AUG but have the P90. They're different but the concept is the same. Trigger is a bit novel with the AUG though.

I have 2 Krytacs; the SPR and PDW, both are fantastic out the box. I've been lucky enough to have owned some awesome AEGs in the past and the Krytacs are best of the bunch.... unless you are after a recoil gun, then I 100% recommend the Magpul PTS RM4 ERGs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.