TM Ak47-AKM (Guarder Kit) impossible to disassemble

Lvl19Magikarp

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey All

Recently came into ownership of a TM ak47 which had undergone a guarder conversion kit to become an AKM.

Attempting to break it down however and I find I that at the point where I should remove 4 screws on the underside of the gun, near the magwell, there are none. Not even a hole for them. :blink:

I've tried most everything I can think of, and was wondering if anyone here had seen anything similar, I'd appreciate any suggestions if you have.-

-One very confused Karp :huh:

post-12618-0-79837200-1455724137_thumb.jpg

post-12618-0-36219100-1455724149_thumb.jpg

Hmm, not sure If I found what you were referring to, there were two holes for allen keys beneath the sight (Although I didn't have to flip it up to access them, and there was non directly beneath the movable part of the sight) I've loosened both of them, and still the receiver and front end remain firmly attached.

Is there a particular method to breaking it away, or?

it's been a while since I stripped mine but if i remember correctly try this:

remove the upper hand guard buy pushing up the lever on the gas block (bit with rear sight on it)

the upper hand guard should lift up from the back and come free

then

loosen the allen grub screw where the metal part of the front hand guard is (where the sling loop is)

slide it forward and the wooden hand guard can be removed.

turn the AEG upside down and there should be a small allen grub holding the barrel to the gas block which was covered by the lower hand guard you just removed.

this should allow the front end to be removed from the receiver.

take off the pistol grip, remove the fake bolt handle including rod, spring etc which fits into the back of the gearbox (black button that holds the top cover on)

unscrew the screw that holds the selector lever on and remove the selector lever and bits.

gearbox should now pop out.

I think thats how it goes but I've got a mixture of inokatsu, guarder and VFC disassemblies in my head and I can't get to my Guarder at the moment to check but I'm sure it's this.

Do you not have to completely disassemble the front end?

Take the front sight and all that off first. It looks a little bit like a CA AK from that photo, which needs all that doing to it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.