cm16 RIS

Gman1707

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey I was wandering if anyone with a g&g cm16 carbine has any experience with installing a drop in ris onto there cm16. I'm looking for one that will fit and wont wiggle around to much.

ive heard of people changing the delta ring out for one with a stronger spring or just putting tape on the edge of the RIS to minimise this.

any help would be appreciated :)

• Supporters

It's as much to do with the quality of the RIS as it is the fit of the gun. Unless it fits the delta ring properly it's always going to have a bit of movement.

• Supporters

okay cheers so would you recommend a matching delta ring and RIS? and a higher quality ris I guess will be machined to a higher tolerance and so possibly fit better

It doesn't really matter how high a tolerance the RIS is machined to when you fit it onto a cheap RIF though. In theory yes, if you bought hardware from the same company (RIS and delta ring as you say) then it should stand a better chance but then you need to deal with the tolerances in sight placement on the barrel, how well it fits into the receiver etc etc etc. If you were looking at fitting a Madbull SOPMOD RIS onto a TM Recoil then yes I would think you could expect a reasonable fit but then that's a RIS that costs almost as much as your gun!

Personally I'd say buy a 7" RIS from Hong Kong via ebay or second hand for not a lot of cash and try it. If it fits like a dick in a shirt sleeve then you know you're in for some fettling otherwise it's happy days!

It doesn't really matter how high a tolerance the RIS is machined to when you fit it onto a cheap RIF though. In theory yes, if you bought hardware from the same company (RIS and delta ring as you say) then it should stand a better chance but then you need to deal with the tolerances in sight placement on the barrel, how well it fits into the receiver etc etc etc. If you were looking at fitting a Madbull SOPMOD RIS onto a TM Recoil then yes I would think you could expect a reasonable fit but then that's a RIS that costs almost as much as your gun!

Personally I'd say buy a 7" RIS from Hong Kong via ebay or second hand for not a lot of cash and try it. If it fits like a dick in a shirt sleeve then you know you're in for some fettling otherwise it's happy days!

ahaha nice analysis ;) yeah i'll get a cheapish one and just mess around with that for the time being then, cheers

• Supporters

ahaha nice analysis ;) yeah i'll get a cheapish one and just mess around with that for the time being then, cheers

I know, because I've been there! Changing the handguard on my M4 turned into a massive spiralling rabbit hole of mismatched thread sizes and money and headaches (this was on an old TM M4A1 by the way). Best to start small and work your way up. Any parts that don't fit can usually be sold on pretty easily.

I know, because I've been there! Changing the handguard on my M4 turned into a massive spiralling rabbit hole of mismatched thread sizes and money and headaches (this was on an old TM M4A1 by the way). Best to start small and work your way up. Any parts that don't fit can usually be sold on pretty easily.

Yeah thats a good point actually, cheers for the advice :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.