VSR Or L96

Dan2493

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Please do. I'm sick of being tied to the whole '3 month usage time' gaff. Maybe it's just poor design or maybe it's clever planned redundancy, but either way seems dumb for sniper weights where you could get a jam quite easily for people running tight bores. At the very least even the smallest change means inconsistent hop.

Please do. I'm sick of being tied to the whole '3 month usage time' gaff. Maybe it's just poor design or maybe it's clever planned redundancy, but either way seems dumb for sniper weights where you could get a jam quite easily for people running tight bores. At the very least even the smallest change means inconsistent hop.

TBH, The 3 month thing is a bit of an afterthought. I've been using proballs for the last 4 months now with zero issues! When people started groaning about the Nuprol and GF Rockets "Swelling" then proballs decided to instigate putting silica gel packs into their BB's aswell as vac packing them (Which also helps in transit too).

Oh yeh but didn't we just say Proballs are from another manufacturer? I meant the ones produced by BB King as those seem to swell quickly.

I actually ordered some Proballs just now to tide me over as my BB Kings have already swollen a little.

They are but I believe they still contain ceramic powder. I've had a pack of 2000 open for a good few months and no change. What I'm saying is that I think proballs have taken measures to help sell the product, plus they seem to only pack in 1000 rather than 2000, I just buy 2 at a time (Just incase).

• Root Admin

I honestly don't know why manufacturers struggle with heavier BB weights . It's not quite the volume purchase one might make with .2s or .3s. I'm happy to spend more to get a better quality product if I'm only shooting 200 for a game. It just seems like they're chasing margins too much on some of this stuff.

BB Bastard need to get in on sniping weights :)

• Root Admin

That's exactly my point though: Why not make lower volume but decent runs of sniper weights. Inconsistency doesn't matter much with .25s, but it does with .30s and above, so why skimp on the manufacturing instead of just charging more? I'm sure you - and most others who run BASRs would be more than happy to pay for a good quality product. It just seems completely moot to make affordable sniping weights these days when - as you say - most people aren't getting through a bag in two months anyway.

BB Bastard manage it - they're a good deal more pricey than regular BBs but in my old DMR I'd not run much else because they're incredibly consistent and hard wearing.

I really hope some of the ones you test come out well.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.