VSR Or L96

Dan2493

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello

Im looking at getting a sniper rifle but i am un decided on what to buy i want something the i can upgrade but will be reliable and half decent

Hope you Can Help Dan

• Root Admin

Bought both, upgraded both and would go VSR unless you really have a liking of the L96. Easier to get bits for (especially second hand), more knowledge out there on how to get the most out of its hop and overall easier to get it shooting well.

That said, the above two comments are basically right: You can get both shooting very well indeed.

Just bought a Well MB01 from Taiwanguns. Lots of upgrade options and accessories for the L96, also bought metal trigger assembly from ebay.

There weren't that many options for the VSR, you can get a screw mount for a silencer and change the spring and barrel, but not much more than that. The VSR has a 510mm barrel and the L96 has a 500mm barrel.

Look at Taiwan guns are recommended to me by Hef Legend, can't seem to get off that site, easier to search than gunfire.pl.

I got my L96 with Scope, silencer, silencer adapter, upgrade set & some .36 bio bb's for £134 including delivery. If you get from taiwan guns they can even downgrade for you, just make sure you give your UKARA number in the comments when paying.

I'm leaving the original spring which I think is a SP140 spring. and upgrading the piston and Spring retainer, to keep it site safe.

Proffrink pretty much said what I would have: the VSR is a lot more practical and easier to upgrade than the L96.

I've owned both types of rifle and had more issues with the L96 due to the feeding ramp. My vsr (clone) however has never missed a beat.

Thanks For all the input as I have a l96 that needed new hop up and had a cracked trigger box I decided to buy a new cnc trigger box hop up unit and a new spring piston etc and a metal hop up arm as its cheaper to do this than buy a new gun then buy the upgrades

I was thinking about making some aluminium barrel spacers on the lathe will this work will there be a problem in doing so ?

hope you can help

Dan

• Root Admin

Pro Ball from Socom Tactical are good. Gunfire Rockets and BB King are also a couple I've tried and had no issues. Just avoid Nuprol.

As for weight, that's a personal decision really. The lighter the BB the faster it gets to your target but the quicker it'll shed its energy and the less inertia it can hold from the hop - so basically heavier weights go further but get there slower. I'd say start at above .30g (maybe with .36g for instance) then work your way up as high as above .40g if you're not getting the distance you need.

Most heavy weight BBs are now hygroscopic and will adsorb water over time, so keep that in mind. Once you open the bag you're advised to use them within 3 months and keep the bag (and its silica gel packet) sealed up whenever possible. ASG have also released their own heavy weight BBs that don't appear to be hydrophilic so I may pick some up. Not sure if anyone on here has had a chance to test them yet, but other ASG BBs are quite good.

TM VSR GSPEC all the way! Yep, you'll end up replacing most of the internals anyway but 95% of upgrade parts are made to fit the TM! I have 2, the gspec and the pro, gspec is better although the pro is a tad lighter! I use .43 proballs which are the best ammo (At the moment). Upgrade wise, I recommend a Mancraft SDIK kit if you want maximum effect and easy FPS setting. If you want a good springer then go Airsoft pro, they're like the landrover of the upgrade world!

Pro Ball from Socom Tactical are good. Gunfire Rockets and BB King are also a couple I've tried and had no issues. Just avoid Nuprol.

As for weight, that's a personal decision really. The lighter the BB the faster it gets to your target but the quicker it'll shed its energy and the less inertia it can hold from the hop - so basically heavier weights go further but get there slower. I'd say start at above .30g (maybe with .36g for instance) then work your way up as high as above .40g if you're not getting the distance you need.

Most heavy weight BBs are now hydrophilic and will adsorb water over time, so keep that in mind. Once you open the bag you're advised to use them within 3 months and keep the bag (and its silica gel packet) sealed up whenever possible. ASG have also released their own heavy weight BBs that don't appear to be hydrophilic so I may pick some up. Not sure if anyone on here has had a chance to test them yet, but other ASG BBs are quite good.

Gunfire Rocket, BB king and Nuprol are all the same thing all from the same place! Avoid! Proballs are from a completely different manufacturer! (I just binned 6000 Rockets and 2000 Nuprols).

• Root Admin

I tried contacting some when I brought this up in another thread and they wouldn't tell me. A lot of them peddle their BBs on Alibaba, which is where I saw them during my quest to find .3g tracer BBs (turned out Nuprol bought them). So yeh, BB King and Nuprol are the same. Not sure about Gunfire Rockets, but it'd make sense: http://www.cccme.org.cn/shop/cgseals/index.aspx

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.