Insane ROF M4

HubicPair

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There is nothing wrong with the ROF we currently have in airsoft. If you don't dress properly for airsoft you cannot really complain about being shot on auto. If some wants 35rps so what, let them have fun. This is not the military FFS and even if it was, are you gonna complain that your enemy has high rof assualt rifles while you're on semi??? WTF?

I could care less what rof anyone uses because I dress properly for airsoft. Overkill can be done using both semi and auto. Man up you little girls. Let people have their fun.

• Supporters

Overkill can be done using both semi and auto. Man up you little girls. Let people have their fun.

You have a point but I have to agree with loz on this. A lot of people who want high rof do it for the overkill effect. Only last week waiting for chrono I had to listen to some lad laughing to his mate about how he wanted to rip into someone with his 35rps gun. That's someone who gets enjoyment out of hurting someone, that's not airsoft thats being a twat.

I regularly run into groups of people knowing I am going to take 30 or 40 hits from multiple directions and dont care but everytime I get overshot by one of those idiots I have to fight back the urge to bitch slap them.

You have a point but I have to agree with loz on this. A lot of people who want high rof do it for the overkill effect. Only last week waiting for chrono I had to listen to some lad laughing to his mate about how he wanted to rip into someone with his 35rps gun. That's someone who gets enjoyment out of hurting someone, that's not airsoft thats being a tw*t.

I regularly run into groups of people knowing I am going to take 30 or 40 hits from multiple directions and dont care but everytime I get overshot by one of those idiots I have to fight back the urge to bitch slap them.

You and me both mate but unfortunately this world is full of tw@ts. Limiting rof and auto use won't make them any less tw@tish... they will just overkill you a little slower :D

Surely the best thing for suppressing is normal ROF as your ammo/battery lasts longer and costs you less money in bb's? What's the point in shooting faster? I don't get the point?

If someone chooses to have a 35RPS gun to deliberately cause pain to a player. How is it different if someone has a 35RPS gun, and doesn't want to hurt someone, but does hurt someone.

The result is the same.

There is nothing wrong with the ROF we currently have in airsoft. If you don't dress properly for airsoft you cannot really complain about being shot on auto. If some wants 35rps so what, let them have fun. This is not the military FFS and even if it was, are you gonna complain that your enemy has high rof assualt rifles while you're on semi??? WTF?

I could care less what rof anyone uses because I dress properly for airsoft. Overkill can be done using both semi and auto. Man up you little girls. Let people have their fun.

Getting shot across the back of the knee caps from 10 metres by a half second burst while 'dressed properly' was a lovely pleasant experience that left me limping for the rest of the day... Dressing properly is not the problem its the fact that people are twats and aim for stupid places and hold the trigger down on something that shoots an unnecessary amount of bbs. I don't play the game to get shot to pieces.

HubicPair,

Don't bother with spending out to upgrade the internals.

Put in a high speed motor and the biggest (voltage) LiPo you can find.

It will only fire once, but when it does it will probably be fun.

Then explode.

Seriously though, I've never had the need for uber-high ROF. I'm a pretty poor shot at the best it times so I need to save my ammo!

If someone chooses to have a 35RPS gun to deliberately cause pain to a player. How is it different if someone has a 35RPS gun, and doesn't want to hurt someone, but does hurt someone.

The result is the same.

Do you really think a 35rps aeg is going hurt someome that much more than any other aeg??? Really? Are you playing in your underwear or has someone priviously abused you with a TM High Cycle?

Have you ever played paintball?

I can't justify going much above 25 rps, its well into the realm of amazing trigger response and frankly ought to be the limit. I think this is going to be one of those growing areas of concern over the years and eventually sites are going to start to choose a maximum RPS around this sort of number, which is still 2x that of most real weapons.

Getting shot across the back of the knee caps from 10 metres by a half second burst while 'dressed properly' was a lovely pleasant experience that left me limping for the rest of the day... Dressing properly is not the problem its the fact that people are twats and aim for stupid places and hold the trigger down on something that shoots an unnecessary amount of bbs. I don't play the game to get shot to pieces.

And me shooting you across the back of your knee caps as fast as I possibly can in semi-auto is going hurt that much less? I haven't been playing airsoft long but long enough to know that marksmanship is never a strong suit for skirmishers. Assault rifles were never designed to be used by people wearing mesh masks and googles... accuracy will not be at it's best.

High FPS is harmful. Shooting someone at point blank range is harmful.

Let me shoot you twice with a 400FPS DMR then a shot burst with a TM high cycle and you tell which one hurts more.

Look, I don't think you get my point. I think an overkill ROF is unnecessary. People were saying that other people use high ROF guns to inflict pain, I was saying that if someone had the same gun as the person who wants to inflict pain with high ROF, and said person who doesn't deliberately inflict pain, inflicted pain, it's still inflicting pain, which is the same as the person who wants to inflict pain.

Which is where some people think there should be a ROF limit, regardless of wether you want to inflict pain (which is bang out of order anyway) or inflict pain without wanting too.

Airsoft isn't meant to be aggressive, not in my eyes anyways, if you play airsoft to hurt people, you need to check yourself.

Being hurt comes along with airsoft. Being young (under 16) I take pain differently to people older than me, if I get shot at close range, I may say "owch", older people might just say "owch" in their head. But you do feel pain. I have seen some people say "I don't feel pain" to try and act hard, well you do feel pain ffs, so telling someone to man up is more of a vague phrase, if you scream like a baby for being shot, then maybe it's true, you should 'man up a bit', but come on, being shot by 35 BBs in a second WILL hurt, wether you say it does or not.

otherwise, whatevs.

Do you really think a 35rps aeg is going hurt someome that much more than any other aeg??? Really? Are you playing in your underwear or has someone priviously abused you with a TM High Cycle?

Have you ever played paintball?

If I get shot by one aimed BB it'll sting, but is fair. If I get shot by 10+ BBs in close proximity to the same spot, guess what? YES it bloody well will hurt more..... in fact strangely enough 10+ x more than the single BB. Maybe you could do an experiment on yourself!

where I play people are encouraged to only fire short controlled bursts in full auto, max 2 seconds (although some seem to not know how to count), if that was from a 35rps gun that would be 70 BBs, if they were a good shot, that would be 70 BBs on target..... would you happily take that to the face? What if one of the first 10 or so BBs dislodged the victims eyepro? that then allows 60 BBs to hit someone in the face with no eyepro, you see where I'm coming from now??? HIGH ROF GUNS ARE DANGEROUS.

@Mos, I know exactly what you were getting at and my rebutle is the same... Do you think a 35rps aeg hurts that much more than any other aeg?. I'm not trying to be rude and apologies for my earlier "abused" comment... didn't know you were only a lad.

My point is as long as people play legitimately and by the rules, rof does not have a bearing on safety. If they don't play by the rules high rof only increases risks slightly but not enough that sites should put limits on rof. High FPS and overkill are by far the worst out of the bunch.

Okay, so me and my friend have decided we want to build an m4 with insane ROF, we decided we wanted a long barrel and we are also going to be buying 5000 round mags. Trouble is, we need help with the internals since we have no idea what we are doing with it. We just want insane ROF at around 350 fps. Things we need help with is the motor and gears and basically anything internal.

Next time, make a thread: "how can I improve my trigger response" Include: "I read somewhere that increasing my automatic fire rate to around 30 RPS +/- 5 is best, how can I do this?". - to avoid the morality police. In the end, this can be put to bed with "guns don't kill people".

where I play people are encouraged to only fire short controlled bursts in full auto, max 2 seconds (although some seem to not know how to count), if that was from a 35rps gun that would be 70 BBs, if they were a good shot, that would be 70 BBs on target..... would you happily take that to the face? What if one of the first 10 or so BBs dislodged the victims eyepro? that then allows 60 BBs to hit someone in the face with no eyepro, you see where I'm coming from now??? HIGH ROF GUNS ARE DANGEROUS.

Dude really?

If a plastic bb can dislodge your eyepro (even 10 plastic bbs), you know what my reply is already right?

Wear proper gear.

• Supporters

The whole pain factor varies greatly....

Depends where you get shot for a start

Back, face, fingers even the crown jewels

Even then it can vary so much also

You can drop a solid glass ashtray on ya nutz and it barely hurts, then drop a matchbox or something so light and wriggle in agony.

Police have been lifted airbourne almost by thugs yet have given chase and restrained the person. Minutes later collapsing in agony

Kidneys are a much more accurate reliable area to strike as it will drop almost anybody if done correctly...

What I'm saying is it varies so much from different places and still the same place can be agony or just a slight tap

Just pisses me right off when some peeps say it don't hurt

Most of the time it don't, but now n then the odd single shot stings like F*CK !!!!

On top of that, a high rof is OK if used in moderation

Eg not empty a mag in seconds but single shots or small 3-5 round burst when suppressing so teams can move up....

It is all about how people conduct themselves

You could have a stock 12rps gun and be a bigger w@nker than a guy with a 30rps gun that just wants controlled quick response with a short burst now n then

Then the 12rps hire noob fails to take hits keeps shooting you on auto at close quartets yet will tell his m8's where your team is as he walks to respawn dead zone

Not having a go at new comers just used the above to demonstrate a difference in players attitudes

Chill, go easy, love your gun's rof/rps/make/colour whatever you want - just remember if you was really that f*cking good you could still kick ar$e with a crappy JBBG

But yup sometimes just a single shot can f*cking hurt

Yet a 10rnd in the chubby belly means little discomfort

• Supporters

Indeed, even if on full auto in woods

You can give the trigger a quick flick to take out somebody but still have the option of returning a burst of fire if his team mates over there start letting rip in your direction.

All in moderation....

Double tap or 1 or 2 burst is all you need unless you aim is that $hit. In that case improve your aim or hop not rof

Is down to the players themselves to help reduce the bell-end ratio

It wasn't the fact that I'm young. I experience pain the same as you. But in my head it will probably hurt more. You know pain is sensed by nerve signals to the brain? Well I suppose I probably experience it differently in my head.

Just like when we were all 5 yrs old and tripped over, and probably cried. You probably won't cry if you tripped over nower days, if you do, well, sorry lol.

Dude really?

If a plastic bb can dislodge your eyepro (even 10 plastic bbs), you know what my reply is already right?

Wear proper gear.

yes. have you never heard of folk losing teeth to just one plastic BB? Have you not seen photos of folk bleeding from these plastic BBs? You are either just trolling or ignorant..... or one of those that is the problem trying to justify your ROF.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.