Insane ROF M4

HubicPair

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay, so me and my friend have decided we want to build an m4 with insane ROF, we decided we wanted a long barrel and we are also going to be buying 5000 round mags. Trouble is, we need help with the internals since we have no idea what we are doing with it. We just want insane ROF at around 350 fps. Things we need help with is the motor and gears and basically anything internal.

Where we play, we can use them, so thats what we want to do, it's also not going to used as a regular run around gun, we are only going to be using this in defensive games. But we don't want to buy a large LMG for the looks, we just want to be suppressive. But still, would like some help with what i need.

I never fired a 5.56 in full auto in 12 years in the armed forces, no need for a toy gun to be able to, especially when they are normally attached to someone with zero trigger discipline. Even if they remove their finger from the trigger as soon as the first BB hits their target, there is still another 10 BBs following which IMO is over shooting and malicious if you have built your gun to perform that way.

I've never done anything with AEG's, I usually use my sniper but with the amount of defensive games we play and the area, i've began to want a fast LMG like gun but lighter and less crappy.

So no, i have never done anything with gearboxes. And yes i am jumping in with the expensive and tricky stuff since it's not all my money that i'm spending.

Also, PT247, why are you so against fast rate of fire? It's just a game...

Kappa

Okay, so me and my friend have decided we want to build an m4 with insane ROF, we decided we wanted a long barrel and we are also going to be buying 5000 round mags. Trouble is, we need help with the internals since we have no idea what we are doing with it. We just want insane ROF at around 350 fps. Things we need help with is the motor and gears and basically anything internal.

Is 'insane' even possible with an AEG? I mean 12-15 is normal, TM high cycles do 25, HPA systems routinely do 35, so what is insane?

Is insane even possible with an AEG? I mean 12-15 is normal, TM high cycles do 25, HPA systems routinely do 35, so what is insane?

Seen videos with aeg's firing with roughly 30, which is what i'm looking for

Dual wield Tokyo Marui P90 High Cycle? Strap two Tokyo Marui MP5 High Cycle together?

That's 50 rps!

Buy a Tokyo Marui M4 High Cycle?

It only does 15 rps, i say "only" because i want it to be fast for an AEG. And seeing videos of 30+rps makes me want one so bad!

I don't know if you have seen some videos & chatter over RPS and overkill. Some people have made a reasonable arguement of a RPS limit, which I agree with. Basically, it's overkill, if you have an 'insane' ROF.

Being shot by a powerful airaoft gun hurts. Being shot by a not so powerful airsoft 100 more times hurts more (I imagine :P)

But if that's what you desire, expect to use many mags :)

Edit: I see you were wanting 30 RPS, I suppose that's not too bad. But you get me point ayy?

It what, the TM high cycle? They all do 25.

For you:

On the site it said 15?

And yes i am jumping in with the expensive and tricky stuff since it's not all my money that i'm spending

So potentially wasting someone else's money?

I don't know if you have seen some videos & chatter over RPS and overkill. Some people have made a reasonable arguement of a RPS limit, which I agree with. Basically, it's overkill, if you have an 'insane' ROF.

Being shot by a powerful airaoft gun hurts. Being shot by a not so powerful airsoft 100 more times hurts more (I imagine :P)

But if that's what you desire, expect to use many mags :)

Edit: I see you were wanting 30 RPS, I suppose that's not too bad. But you get me point ayy?

I do understand but i'm not intending to shoot at someone at 20m away, where i play there is a large tower on one end, and a lot of the times the gamemode tends to focus on capping the tower, so i would be up there with my gun, making sure nobody gets there.

Edit: Not wasting, he would be helping me, so it wouldn't be all my fault, and hopefully with the help from someone here, it wont go to waste

Fair enough. Make sure you site allows auto mode though. As, the games I have played at, tell you to not use full auto, but, they do sometimes allow the full auto mode.

Your site may be strict.. But hopefully not, if you proceed with your plan.

Fair enough. Make sure you site allows auto mode though. As, the games I have played at, tell you to not use full auto, but, they do sometimes allow the full auto mode.

Your site may be strict.. But hopefully not, if you proceed with your plan.

The site does allow full auto, they don't really have any ROF limits, just FPS.

Edit: Can someone help now?

Port the piston, shim the gears properly, correct the AOE, convert it to deans, use a Lipo, polish the inside of the cylinder, install a spring guide and cylinder head with bearings.. Should help increase the ROF.

Thank you!

• Supporters

ultra long barrel is out the window for a start

DSG's can only provide enough volume of air for about 275mm

(tbh I'd say 250 that is why most dsg's are either ak74 G36c or short M4's)

DSG's are really for poops n giggles project - they really ain't used that much in UK

I feel we don't have to inflate our ego's or rof as much as some others.....

plus I don't wanna be know as that w@nker

(I'm known as some w@nker but not THAT w@nker)

If you go down the short stroking route I'd say ya barrel max is gonna be 400mm ish

tbh keep it at 365mm M4 size that should allow you to SS 4 teeth

if most of the above makes little sense - google some tutorials up

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/legacys-guide-building-high-speed-aeg-87504/

BUT KNOW THIS - your gun will crap out quicker

your mags probably won't feed very well at 30+rps

and you will be called a dick if you spray n pray or light people up with overkill

Many on here go down the more sensible route on getting into 20's

21rps on stock gears up to say 29rps on 12:1 gears but there is more work to be done with higher speed even high 20's

The best players often just use semi only having a slightly faster gun only for trigger response than actual high rof on auto

watch a good player at work and see how they often switch to pistol - gas blowback but nigh on most are single shot only

as they switch to pistol they glide and really is an awsome sight site to watch from the dead zone

it is the PLAYER - not the gun that wins the game

I have broke loads taking the pi$$ and learnt a lot - still learning

so the last thing I'd advise anybody to do is simply go nutz

unless you really like seeing the errors of bad teching and simply just taking the pi$$ too much

ease up - tweak a stock gun to 20 to 25 and it will last, your mags should feed ok and you won't look like a w@nker

• Supporters

Never understood why anybody wants high rof.

I have a dsg set up box that pushes 40 but never comes out of semi.

Generally I run 19 to 22 rps and thats plenty, but who really uses full auto unless its a support weapon?

I reasonable trigger response and the ability to hit your target and read the game is more important.

• Supporters

I fully understand anyone that justifies doing something with "because I can".

High RoF guns are usually the by product of trying to achieve good trigger resonse but to me, honestly I don't see the point. If you think that suppressive fire has to be loads of shots on target at as high a rate as possible then you're just plain wrong (the sustained rate of fire on an M249 is only 100rpm for example). It's about being able to sustain a rate of fire that stops the target from firing back - if you have such a high RoF on your airsoft gun that you're going to spunk through all your ammo in no time flat then you've kind of missed the point really. 60 rpm is plenty to suppress a target if you can land shots on target reliably!

That said my biggest issue with high Rof monsters isn't the guns, it's the dickheads that usually use them. I know it's a sweeping generalisation but I'd say 99 times out of a hundred whenever I've faced someone with a high RoF gun they've been trigger happy, overkilling, team killing non-hit taking idiots.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.