Polarstaring a Krytac PDW

i3666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a AEG Krytac PDW currently and I am thinking of dumping a Polarstar JACK into it.

I play a lot of quick paced CQB where trigger response comes into a play a lot; so I can see the benefit(s) of Polarstaring it but I am seeking opinions (pros/cons) before I lay down some dosh. One issue I have with Krytac guns is that you need to really pull the trigger fully otherwise the gun half cycles and jams (this is probably true for most guns I know) but seems prevalent with Krytac's. So, I am hoping this issue is negated with a JACK.

Has anyone else Polarstar'd (JACK) their AEG and what are your thoughts now on doing so?

Polarstar F1 in the next 5 months, not a con, but a consideration.

F1, costs more ($ 18%), is slightly more air efficient, and is compatible with the offset nozzle guns. If you only put it in an M4, probably not worth considering it.

Thanks for the comment but I will probably either P* it now or not bother at all. Yeah, I am only putting it in a M4 style gun (the PDW).

Hi, I was looking at the Krytac CBR as a bit of a fun gun, worrying to hear about the cycing thing although my TM Scar does the same! I have just built a P* Jacked M4 DMR. So far it's not worked :( however that's another issue. THe trigger pull is quite far on a P* stock as the trigger board is tiny and only contact on the last 2mm so most people use mods to pack out the trigger (Which is easy enough to do) you don't get any issues with the P* in that matter (Plus when you first get it I guarantee you try out 99 rps just to see how it sounds :) ) *

* no mag will feed at that speed though lol

Hi, I was looking at the Krytac CBR as a bit of a fun gun, worrying to hear about the cycing thing although my TM Scar does the same! I have just built a P* Jacked M4 DMR. So far it's not worked :( however that's another issue. THe trigger pull is quite far on a P* stock as the trigger board is tiny and only contact on the last 2mm so most people use mods to pack out the trigger (Which is easy enough to do) you don't get any issues with the P* in that matter (Plus when you first get it I guarantee you try out 99 rps just to see how it sounds :) ) *

* no mag will feed at that speed though lol

That's interesting about the trigger pull.

I do really like the Krytac guns and my mate has the CRB and he loves it, so I wouldn't completely discount it due to the cycle issue.

The half cycle thing is a V2 gearbox problem, not just krytac, any AEG M4 without a cycle completing mosfet will do it.

Got ya, cheers.

What MOSFET (cycle completing) would I need and do other parts need change?

• Supporters

Yep, Once the trigger switch is hit then it does it's thing! the nozzle does a complete cycle!

A lonex A2 would lessen it dramatically as well. It will give a faster trigger response and because its a higher rpm there is less chance of you letting go at the point it stalls.

Change the the trigger over to an etu or modify it for a shorter pull.

You will get the trigger response you want without ruining whats best about the krytac, spending a large chunk of cash and most importantly not having to do the Scuba Steve goes to war impression.

A lonex A2 would lessen it dramatically as well. It will give a faster trigger response and because its a higher rpm there is less chance of you letting go at the point it stalls.

Change the the trigger over to an etu or modify it for a shorter pull.

You will get the trigger response you want without ruining whats best about the krytac, spending a large chunk of cash and most importantly not having to do the Scuba Steve goes to war impression.

Hmmmm, interesting points. This? http://airlab.parts/products/lonex-titan-motor . Would you need to replace anything else in the gun if going down this route?

On a different note, I have also been looking at (almost set on getting) a Wolverine Inferno HPA conversion, as I am reliably informed it performs like a P* but more simplistic to maintain once setup, and more air efficient.

• Supporters

Hmmmm, interesting points. This? http://airlab.parts/products/lonex-titan-motor . Would you need to replace anything else in the gun if going down this route?

This will help but wont completely solve. Modifying the gun for a shorter trigger pull or replacing the standard trigger with an etu will also help.

Or you could just pull the trigger properly.

This will help but wont completely solve. Modifying the gun for a shorter trigger pull or replacing the standard trigger with an etu will also help.

Must be some way to replace the trigger with one of these:

goldleaf.jpg

Got ya.

I was waiting for you to say something sarcy, you were being too helpful, haha.

Will talk to you about it properly at the end of the month.

I am always helpful and never sarcastic, I am starting to feel quite offended on here lately.

Is this that internet bullying I have read about.

By the end of the month will probably be too late :D

Wait to the trolling starts; that's when things get real nasty!

• Supporters

Also, I thought you didn't talk to anyone when you go airsofting?

I will have a quick chat between games sometimes. I just dont do the whole lets team up and be buddies bit, airsoft for me is my time without being bothered.

Simple rule of thumb is if I am smiling come say hello if I look preoccupied or have my headphones in then leave me alone or be prepared to be told to go away.

Friendly takes too much effort sometimes.

I will have a quick chat between games sometimes. I just dont do the whole lets team up and be buddies bit, airsoft for me is my time without being bothered.

Simple rule of thumb is if I am smiling come say hello if I look preoccupied or have my headphones in then leave me alone or be prepared to be told to go away.

Friendly takes too much effort sometimes.

I can relate to that. As I said to someone only the other day, I tend to consolidate all my niceness for the week and then that's it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.