Tac Vests for bigger guys

JUiCERUSS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for some advice for the more experienced about a Tactical Vest/Plate Carrier rig for a bigger guy.

I wear an XL so i'm not exactly Rick Waller but all the "Once Size Fits All" Stuff just isn't working for me.

Are there any companies that make actual sized vests ie. M. L. XL ect.. or any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Looking for some advice for the more experienced about a Tactical Vest/Plate Carrier rig for a bigger guy.

I wear an XL so i'm not exactly Rick Waller but all the "Once Size Fits All" Stuff just isn't working for me.

Are there any companies that make actual sized vests ie. M. L. XL ect.. or any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Do what I do and put mags in folds :D

I assume your chest is around 46-48? Just read the description of the vest it usually has dimensions or a floor plan in our case :lol:

Both bulldog and warrior have lots of adjustment in thier vests, my bro is a big guy and wears a bulldog. Tbh he has started to embrace harness rigs alot more as he finds them alot less restricive and just as handy at carrying gear

Chest rigs tend to work better for people with a bigger frame, I have the opposite problem because I'm skinny.

UKTactical kit is top of the range, extremely high quaility and there kit is very adjustable, but its pricey.

Flectarn.co.uk do a lot of kit which is basically the same idea but with a smaller price tag.

• Moderators

901 chest rig from warrior , that good I have 2 and back panels 😀

Im the brother shortman mentioned haha im about 5'10, 18ish stone, and really quite built shoulders and back with the generous insulation we all know and love. I have a bulldog mk2 that fits fine, and is quite adjustable for height and width. Side panels come off to give it even more comfort. I also have a h harness and belt set up and a viper chestrig. The last two are definately the more comfartable for a bigger guy, and cheaper than the bulldogg.

Bulldogg is around 150 new and fully loaded (does come with alot of shiz tbf) and the belt and harness were about 60 together. The chest rig is 35 new. All have plenty of stuff for a skirmish, and the belt or bulldogg will do for a long milsim game with a bit of extra pouches.

A guy on youtube diles46 is a great guide for bigsoft as he calls it.

• Supporters

901 chest rig from warrior , that good I have 2 and back panels

This.

I have a 46" chest and my 901 is adjusted almost as small as it goes. Remember that most "proper" PCs and chest rigs are designed to be worn over more than just a t-shirt/UBACS.

Try having big arms, chest, back and shoulders and try and find anythin that fits. XL looks good on top but a tent round the middle and m looks good round the waists but like I have sprayed it on on top.

I went with a plate carrier as I wasn't restricted by the zip.

• 3 years later...
  • Supporters

The three vests are the same bloody vest just different colors ! 🤣🤣

• Supporters
23 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

Only one of the rigs on that list is actually a plate carrier 🤣

And apparently it's not even the best plate carrier of the ones on test....

• 1 month later...
On 12/02/2016 at 19:24, Gaspod4933 said:

Chest rigs tend to work better for people with a bigger frame, I have the opposite problem because I'm skinny.

UKTactical kit is top of the range, extremely high quaility and there kit is very adjustable, but its pricey.

Flectarn.co.uk do a lot of kit which is basically the same idea but with a smaller price tag.

Begone foul fiend this thred is a sacred haven for the bigger boned the saggy Spartans the chubby elite your kind aren’t welcome here!!! 😂 seriously tho this thread is helpful I went from 15 stone relitavely we’ll built with enough chub to class as chubby but I became ill now I’m on morphine steroids and tramadol just to keep me in some form of manageable pain but side effects are I gained 8 stone in 6 months I eat 1 meal a day and cereal in the morning and drink mainly water yet I can’t lose weight so my kit doesn’t fit any longer so I’ve had to improvise for my 58 chest and 48 girth 😭 been hard to find comfortable stuff for me but I’m rarely well enough to play lol I keep the stuff out of denial lol I’d kill to be off these meds lol

@raheelch I love the quote from the like u posted 

“If you ask about the use of a plate carrier, then it is used for hunting, for protecting oneself from chaos” 

Maybe someone needs to try these out for the imperial guards ? 

Anyone get it ? ..... no ...... ok I’ll just laugh by myself 😭

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Raytd said:

“If you ask about the use of a plate carrier, then it is used for hunting, for protecting oneself from chaos” 

Maybe someone needs to try these out for the imperial guards ? 

Anyone get it ? ..... no ...... ok I’ll just laugh by myself 😭

XS5LK.gif.2d218308292da12589e1d1a04d69c7f8.gif

• Supporters

Old thread but still relevant (nobody’s getting any thinner !😂) had an add through the other day saying Taiwan gun are starting to sell PC’s specifically made for the more ‘manly’ physique .👍

• Supporters

There's a semi regular article in Airsoft International all about gear for the pie addict. I used to wear MUCH bigger kit than I do now, lost 4.5st but have started creeping back up. Well...when I say creeping I'm back about 2st up.

Anyway, WAS stuff has always been big enough for the larger gent, on the whole there should be plenty of gear out there that will fit the main problem being that chinese knock offs tend to be sized for the Asian market. My AVS for example is a TMC clone and is based on the medium sized Crye one. I ought to be wearing the large one so it comes up a bit small on me (still fits but only if I don't eat too many pies at lunch) BUT it only ost about £80. Z shot make Crye licenced copies that come in the larger size but they come with a Crye licenced price tag too!

https://ukmcpro.co.uk/products/mil-tec-usmc-combat-vest?variant=6769374527531&currency=GBP&utm_campaign=gs-2018-10-05&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=CjwKCAjwmNzoBRBOEiwAr2V27YdktocyrOa6pTNaapSZvB021YwhaPeE_df98GzBbtGtJ8UU5VUMiRoCQjsQAvD_BwE

looking into this I was told it would likely fit me but checking w y’all first 

I’m 47-48”stomach and 49 chest and I have very broad shoulders but I imagine this will fit anyone had experience w this ?

I've got a Warrior RICAS and it fit me at 21 stone with a 50" plus chest (not quite so comfortably upholstered now).

I did get VERY sweaty though.

Lol yeah I’m after something that isn’t super pricy tho I used to have a 20 pound tac vest and it lasted me for years cheap cheerful tan/coyote is all I need :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.