Looking for a team to "train" with

Lord Daem

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I wasn't too sure where to put this, so apologies if it's in the wrong place!

I've posted before about having bought an AEG from a friend and I'm looking for a team to play matches with and generally "train" with to help me get better at the sport. I've played a couple of "matches" on my friends land a few years ago and completely fell in love with it, however the team I played with there all live hours away.

I live near Croydon, so preferably a team that meets around the Surrey area - although I have been looking at Wolf Armouries!

Also - if anyone has any tips to help a newbie, they'd be greatly appreciated

Don't get shot that's my advice.

From what I've seen of teams on YouTube they spoil the fun. Do you really want people moaning at you if you decide to turn into the terminator and storm a base without them?

I find airsoft gets boring when you have people who take it seriously shouting and giving orders.

• Supporters

An airsoft team is those people who are stood around talking about what to do while the rest of us getting on and doing it.

You can normally find them 10ft from respawn talking tactics or explaining in the safe zone how working as a team is more effective (to those who just won the game while they were talking tactics).

I been played a few games and have noticed team playing in thegame and found that they can be the worse cheaters on site

Using radio when their dead and not taking hits to keep the number ups

But thats what i have noticed cant say every team is like that though

Alright mate. I don't think you can really "train" for airsoft. I'm from Sutton and Go airsoft with a few of my mates and we enjoy the game together we split up and we use tactics sometimes. We don't plan a Normandy beach landing!! But basic flanking menouvers etc! We are going to holmbush in Crawley this Sunday, come down and your welcome to join us dude!

• Head Moderator

I am not part of a team but I think that even in a skirmish there is merit in a brick / four man fire team working together. Room clearance where you each cover an arc and know someone has your back and you have theirs. The number of times you fight forward only to have no one else from your colour team with or behind you to exploit the attack.

• Supporters

I don't think you can really "train" for airsoft.

Of course you can.

In my old team we had a training day each month. There is a lot you can practice. I even wrote an article about it - too bad it's not in English. :/

• Moderators

just do what i do when i go as 'Team BillynoMates'. follow others and join in, dont need to be part of a team, you'll have more fun as you can chop and change as and when. Last week i joined a load of guys in suits...and me in atacs AU....held the top floor of the police station for a while and assaulted others building later on :). First game, held the blue team off with part of another team, 3 of us never sustained a hit....28mins though....needed to move as goggles started to fog! haha

anyway you'll soon pick up tactics / advice as you go....best way to meet new people

Thanks for all the advice guys :)

Alright mate. I don't think you can really "train" for airsoft. I'm from Sutton and Go airsoft with a few of my mates and we enjoy the game together we split up and we use tactics sometimes. We don't plan a Normandy beach landing!! But basic flanking menouvers etc! We are going to holmbush in Crawley this Sunday, come down and your welcome to join us dude!

Oh by train I meant help improve my aim and basically some advice on how to zero the gun better - got me a fancy red dot sight and no matter what I do I seem to go from having the hop up too low to too high, there's no in between!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.