Polarstar Jack problem

Snakeeyes75

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m using a Prommy purple bucking and Namazu firefly flat nub in an orga barrel as well. I found I was having the exact same issue with mine for weeks on end. I’ve ended up having to have my Dwell set a lot higher than it would need to be to get better consistency shot to shot. I’ve also had to apply some Teflon tape to the bucking near the C clip. It’s funny because before I did that I used the exact same barrel setup in my G&P Sentry AEG and it worked an absolute charm but once it went back into my P* it was bad although the alignment was perfect.

It now shoot pretty much spot on shot to shot but I had to run 3500-4000 BBs through it on full auto which was my absolute last resort because I’d finally had enough. I can’t remember who’s said this but I know on the Facebook P* page someone said that with the Jack when it’s first installed shot to shot accuracy is shocking but then the nozzle beds in and it comes good……. how true that actually is I don’t know.

The Prommy purple setup is the go to setup for Amped Airsoft isn’t but I’m not entirely convinced on it yet.

Hmm, This sounds all too familiar! I've done the same teflon tape mod, I noticed a 40 fps gain through doing this as the secondary channel in the Orga Magnus leaks air! Maybe like you say it's a "Bedding in" issue with the Jack. I've now spoken to Danny at beesting and I'm going to send the unit (In my gearbox) back to him so he can test it in another gun. If it does the same then we know it's the unit itself!

I’m using a Prommy purple bucking and Namazu firefly flat nub in an orga barrel as well. I found I was having the exact same issue with mine for weeks on end. I’ve ended up having to have my Dwell set a lot higher than it would need to be to get better consistency shot to shot. I’ve also had to apply some Teflon tape to the bucking near the C clip. It’s funny because before I did that I used the exact same barrel setup in my G&P Sentry AEG and it worked an absolute charm but once it went back into my P* it was bad although the alignment was perfect.

It now shoot pretty much spot on shot to shot but I had to run 3500-4000 BBs through it on full auto which was my absolute last resort because I’d finally had enough. I can’t remember who’s said this but I know on the Facebook P* page someone said that with the Jack when it’s first installed shot to shot accuracy is shocking but then the nozzle beds in and it comes good……. how true that actually is I don’t know.

The Prommy purple setup is the go to setup for Amped Airsoft isn’t but I’m not entirely convinced on it yet.

What length Orga are you using? and what is your dwell? Mine is a 455mm Orga and the dwell is 49 with it chronoing at 310 on a .36.

• Supporters

Again, why use a flat nub with a mounded bucking? Those things don't mix as you'll be putting pressure further forward than you'd like. This is a genuine question - I must be missing something if you're not rotating it (but even if you are, why not use their blue bucking which is m

eant for flat hopping?).

Well pretty much ever bucking is moulded so you have to. The blue bucking you've mentioned is shit I've got one and it was bad. I've had far better results with the Prommy Purple. People will use what works for them.

• Root Admin

And as we also know people will use whatever the person before has told them to use as well.

I've e-mailed them to see what material the blue uses so we can put this to rest. I know they've had bad batches in the past with their VSR buckings. Maybe it's the same case, I dunno.

• Supporters

Hmm, This sounds all too familiar! I've done the same teflon tape mod, I noticed a 40 fps gain through doing this as the secondary channel in the Orga Magnus leaks air! Maybe like you say it's a "Bedding in" issue with the Jack. I've now spoken to Danny at beesting and I'm going to send the unit (In my gearbox) back to him so he can test it in another gun. If it does the same then we know it's the unit itself!

What length Orga are you using? and what is your dwell? Mine is a 455mm Orga and the dwell is 49 with it chronoing at 310 on a .36.

Yeah Danny can have a look, I'm not sure how much he knows about HPA installations etc but worth sending it.

Mines a 303mm barrel and my dwell is 60 if I have it any less the consistency simply isn't there.

• Supporters

And as we also know people will use whatever the person before has told them to use as well.

I've e-mailed them to see what material the blue uses so we can put this to rest. I know they've had bad batches in the past with their VSR buckings. Maybe it's the same case, I dunno.

There's not really anything to put to rest dude. You moaning at people for using moulded buckings. I'm simply saying I've already tried the blue one regardless of what it's made of and it was shit. I fail to see where your trying to go with this. People will use what they use.

My mates have flat hopped setups and theyve tried the prommy purple didn't rate it. Theyve tried the blue didn't rate it. The G&G green didn't rate it. They use thr Maple leaf bucking which they say works great.

• Root Admin

Fair enough.

I asked the question - Trigger answered and we talked about it. Surely you can see why a moulded bucking - uncut mind - may have an adverse effect on someone's hop performance with a flat nub. It's all in good jest, but I can see you've missed the nuance; when I say 'put to rest' I simply mean the differences in material. Not whether or not it splits.

As I said before - and if you check - you'll see both the purple and blue buckings are both rated 'extra soft', so I'd be interested to know. Looking at two right now I can't see an obvious difference in thickness. Again, I know Nineball/LayLax/Prometheus/First Factory have been struggling over the past few years to keep up the consistency of their products (could be down to dyes getting old etc.) so it's possible there's more to it than just a design issue.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Saying things like 'people use what they think is best' isn't really an argument - it's always the case with any hobby like this. Unlike some other forums we get that these are just toy guns so no ones sole opinion holds that much weight and I'm very much aware of that as you should be too.

Yeah Danny can have a look, I'm not sure how much he knows about HPA installations etc but worth sending it.

Mines a 303mm barrel and my dwell is 60 if I have it any less the consistency simply isn't there.

Way I see it, If he puts it into his gun and it does the same thing then he can give me a new one (He's actually said he would if that were the case). 60 on a 303 is a massive amount of dwell! Maybe it's worth me giving it a go then? Only issue is going to be the air usage lol

I get that too, but some people have said they don't even file down the mound.

That's not flat hopping then? When you flat hop you use either a moundless bucking OR remove the mound and turn 90 degrees in a standard barrel. If you're trying to combine the flat hop nub with the mound then essentally you're doing what I do on my VSR. (I have a Type B flat bar arm with the stock TM bucking, is that flat hopping then?). Another thing I've tried is H hopping which is similar but on my gun yields the same result :(

• Root Admin

Yeh, that's what I mean and I certainly jumped to conclusions in my first post because I never even noticed the recess on my own ORGA until you said about it - I've seen a lot of people not bothering to remove it (on a standard barrel) and then just getting it crimped inside their hop unit. There are some posts on the Sniper Forums about it in VSR chambers :S

Also seen talk of just using a straight forward Maple Leaf but right now I still swear by R-hopping for the airseal that it gets alone (plus the fact that you completely bypass shoddy mouling jobs some buckings have). If anything is wrong then I only have myself to blame and that's great because I can usually do something about it, heh.

Yeh, that's what I mean and I certainly jumped to conclusions in my first post because I never even noticed the recess on my own ORGA until you said about it - I've seen a lot of people not bothering to remove it (on a standard barrel) and then just getting it crimped inside their hop unit. There are some posts on the Sniper Forums about it in VSR chambers :S

Also seen talk of just using a straight forward Maple Leaf but right now I still swear by R-hopping for the airseal that it gets alone (plus the fact that you completely bypass shoddy mouling jobs some buckings have). If anything is wrong then I only have myself to blame and that's great because I can usually do something about it, heh.

Without a doubt R hopping is the best hop solution however I may be in the minority with my view. I R hopped my VSR (EDGI build) and on my first test hit a dinner plate size target at 75 meters! Bloody lovely! however I soon realized that "In the field" it's not a good idea if you start expereincing any issues (Jammed BB's etc) so I removed it. I still get 65 meters nicely, maybe I'll re do it one day but I like my rifles to be serviceable in the field.

One thing I need to add, do people use the JAck in a DMR platform? I know it says it can run up to 500fps but the F1 mentions it as a point!

Yeh, that's the real issue with R-hopping apart from the install: If it's not working then you've probably got to remove and replace it (which is a huge ballache).

Exactly. It was certainly impressive seeing all the sanding pay off but you can't start glueing stuff in the car in the pouring rain.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.