Polarstar Jack problem

Snakeeyes75

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, right so I've been banging my head against a wall for the last few weeks as I've been trying to get my P* DMR on to the field but I'm having major issues with accuracy. Firstly here's what I have:

-P* Jack unit in a G&P Receiver. Shimmed to get nice nozzle alignment..

-Orga Magnus 6.23 455mm Barrel

-Prommy Purple Bucking

-Namazu Flat hop nub

-Pro win hop

I've set the dwell using .36 proballs and I'm using Lonex flash mags as they seem to feed without any issues.

Fps is about 320 fps using the .36's (So that equated to 420 fps on a .2)

Problem I'm having is that when I apply hop to the best point I'm getting about 50-60 meters before I start getting overhop. BUT!!! With the hop set I'm getting a really inconsistent hop, so for example, my first 2 shots will sail nicely, my third will shoot skyward, my fourth will nose dive at 20 meter and so on....

I've gone and bought some replacement parts to test to try to eliminate all the variables:

- G&G Green bucking

-Maple leaf monster bucking

-Poison apple M4 hop unit

-original stock AEG barrel

It does it with everything, nothing seems to improve the issue. When I chrono the rifle I'm getting +/-3 fps although everynow and then i'll get a -10 but I can't see that drastically altering a shot?

So, what do I do now? Am I setting the dwell wrong? It's set at 47 which, according to P* is correct!

HELP!!

The Prometheus purple is not a flat bucking - why are you using a flat hop nub with it? Same G&G Green and Maple Leaf buckings.

Find a Prometheus blue bucking if you want to flat hop.

Ok so in the Orga Magnus there are two positions for the bucking, A:Standard fit with the mound showing through the barrel window and B: 90º twist with the mound sitting in a reccesed area. Basically you don't need to slice the mound off, so you just turn it so the sidewall is being used, there's an offset spline so it's all held really well. The settup I'm using is the standard settup that P* use in the US (Prowin/Orga Magnus/Prommy purple and Namazu).

However, for the Poison Apple hop and the stock barrel I used a Stock G&G Bucking with a standard nub, still with the same result :(

• Root Admin

I have an ORGA 6.23 (actually selling it because I can't get the compression I want) and I know of the second groove for rotated buckings. Thing is I've never been convinced that you'd get an ideal airseal with this so I'd change that anyway - even with the offset recess for the mound, but obviously that's not the problem. You should try and pick up a Prometheus blue when possible. They're cheap anyway.

Sorry for not being of more help :(

I have an ORGA 6.23 (actually selling it because I can't get the compression I want) and I know of the second groove for rotated buckings. Thing is I've never been convinced that you'd get an ideal airseal with this so I'd change that anyway - even with the offset recess for the mound, but obviously that's not the problem. You should try and pick up a Prometheus blue when possible. They're cheap anyway.

Sorry for not being of more help :(

Funny you should mention compression! I've just ptfe taped the bucking and also wrapped the barrel where you can see the splines. It's now chronoing at +/- 2 over 100 shots. It'll be interesting to see if this helps at all. I'm wondering if a poor seal could do this?

• Supporters

i had something similar with my jack'ed SR25

first shot went skywards, follow up shots all dropped short. turns out my regulator was dry and not flowing consistently.

That's a fair point. Do a full auto burst and watch the needle - see if it's failing to refresh properly.

Hmm, Thing is I use th eregulator for my sniper rifle and it's fine! With the DMR even if I pop off a few fast shots it doesn't make any difference. I 've now called Danny at Beesting, he's going to take a look at the unit itself.

• Supporters

Hi all, right so I've been banging my head against a wall for the last few weeks as I've been trying to get my P* DMR on to the field but I'm having major issues with accuracy. Firstly here's what I have:

-P* Jack unit in a G&P Receiver. Shimmed to get nice nozzle alignment..

-Orga Magnus 6.23 455mm Barrel

-Prommy Purple Bucking

-Namazu Flat hop nub

-Pro win hop

I've set the dwell using .36 proballs and I'm using Lonex flash mags as they seem to feed without any issues.

Fps is about 320 fps using the .36's (So that equated to 420 fps on a .2)

Problem I'm having is that when I apply hop to the best point I'm getting about 50-60 meters before I start getting overhop. BUT!!! With the hop set I'm getting a really inconsistent hop, so for example, my first 2 shots will sail nicely, my third will shoot skyward, my fourth will nose dive at 20 meter and so on....

I've gone and bought some replacement parts to test to try to eliminate all the variables:

- G&G Green bucking

-Maple leaf monster bucking

-Poison apple M4 hop unit

-original stock AEG barrel

It does it with everything, nothing seems to improve the issue. When I chrono the rifle I'm getting +/-3 fps although everynow and then i'll get a -10 but I can't see that drastically altering a shot?

So, what do I do now? Am I setting the dwell wrong? It's set at 47 which, according to P* is correct!

HELP!!

I’m using a Prommy purple bucking and Namazu firefly flat nub in an orga barrel as well. I found I was having the exact same issue with mine for weeks on end. I’ve ended up having to have my Dwell set a lot higher than it would need to be to get better consistency shot to shot. I’ve also had to apply some Teflon tape to the bucking near the C clip. It’s funny because before I did that I used the exact same barrel setup in my G&P Sentry AEG and it worked an absolute charm but once it went back into my P* it was bad although the alignment was perfect.

It now shoot pretty much spot on shot to shot but I had to run 3500-4000 BBs through it on full auto which was my absolute last resort because I’d finally had enough. I can’t remember who’s said this but I know on the Facebook P* page someone said that with the Jack when it’s first installed shot to shot accuracy is shocking but then the nozzle beds in and it comes good……. how true that actually is I don’t know.

The Prommy purple setup is the go to setup for Amped Airsoft isn’t but I’m not entirely convinced on it yet.

• Root Admin

Again, why use a flat nub with a mounded bucking? Those things don't mix as you'll be putting pressure further forward than you'd like. This is a genuine question - I must be missing something if you're not rotating it (but even if you are, why not use their blue bucking which is meant for flat hopping?).

• Supporters

Again, why use a flat nub with a mounded bucking? Those things don't mix as you'll be putting pressure further forward than you'd like. This is a genuine question - I must be missing something if you're not rotating it (but even if you are, why not use their blue bucking which is meant for flat hopping?).

Because the blue bucking is made out of a different material and has been giving out crap results. I tried one and it started to tear after one game.

• Supporters

Hm, they're both classed as Prometheus' 'soft type' material - are you sure you're not talking about the VSR purple vs. the AEG blue? I should e-mail them and ask.

No I am on about prommy blue, I am not that stupid. Its been a long standing issue of people complaining about the results and the purple has become the standard one. I didnt see any difference between the two regarding accuracy but the blue just fell apart.

Dont know what the difference between the rubber compounds is, I am not a rubber expert but they are definitely not the same.

It might be something prommy have fixed now as that was a while ago but everybody still goes for the purple.

• Root Admin

I know there have been issues with all their line of buckings recently due to poor QC - even some of their gas routers I've had to send back etc.). Maybe you were unlucky? I've run two blue ones now (both were later R-hopped though so maybe that's why they didn't break) and not had issues. They were bundling the blue ones with their barrels at one point - like you say, they seemed identical.

I am not a rubber expert

Your strange predilections in that other thread make me think otherwise.

• Supporters

I know there was quite a few people slating them at one point. I know that with the so called g hop mod purple was recommended over blue as well.

Prommy purple is still what most people including techs swear by.

As for the other comment that was more leather. You need less talcum powder and it doesn't chaff as much.

• Root Admin

Yes but my understanding is people swear by the prometheus purple because the mound is quality as well as the soft bucking producing a great airseal. Don't get me wrong, I think it's an excellent bucking but I don't know why people are using flat hop nubs with it because that's absolutely not what they're designed for.

I'll go easy on the talcum powder, thanks.

• Root Admin

Yeh, but most barrels don't have the plane that the ORGA has for the mound so you're going to get air blowing out of the barrel and to one side. That surely can't be good and is what I'm trying to get my head around.

Also yep, those Firefly ones seem great. I'd still go the R-hop route, but it's a faff the first few times.

Sniper rifles don't use anywhere near the same air volume as a P* though. What regulator are you using? Mancraft? The refresh rate on those is not really meant to be very good.

No mate, I use the same firebase regulator and HPA, I've stripped it down and relubed the reg. It's definatley not that. I've also done a 30 second 40rps auto test on the P* and it's refresh is spot on! ZERO dips!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.