First Sniper?

SpekP

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

I'm looking to move into sniping, just wondering if anyone has any experience with some of the cheaper snipers between £120 to £160 (roughly)?

I'm also seeing alot of WELL snipers, are they any good?

Thanks!

• Supporters

Short term... No. Nada. Nope. Run for the hills.

Before you dismiss me, let me explain.
Out of the box, most Airsoft guns shoot about the same. My G&G combat raider shoots about as well as my VFC XCR, despite the latter being a much better gun overall. Snipers (and let's be politically correct - any rifle used by the 'sniper' role is technically a sniper rifle... - let's call them what they are, bolt actions) are no better out of the box than any AEG. Bolt action rifles are often one of the most expensive projects you can attempt (let's leave HPA out of this for now...), and they need a lot of money and parts thrown at them to get them to that precise status we have come to enjoy with bolts. Heck. My only bolt I've had I probably spent 8-10 times as long zeroing it and testing it in different conditions than I've played overall - and I did very little to it. If you actually want to not have a disadvantage in the field, then don't go for a bolt.

If you want a project that you will empty your wallet, max your cards out, and force you to both sell your kidney and your 2nd child, and have a ton of free time on your hands, then go for it. I am going to be starting my first actual build here soon, and I'm already rationing food for the long journey ahead.

That said, if you are going to be running around in the garden shooting your mates, then sure, go for it.

• Supporters

A&K M24 is the bestest base gnu. It already has steel trigger unit and metal piston. It just needs some work around the hopup and it's done.

I agree with the guys above. It costs not only a lot of money but a lot of time to make a good boltie.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.