TM HK 416D

Sean
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My scar stops loads my 416 not so much. So if I was to fit some sort of mosfet it would have to go in the scar for sure. But mine is also running around 290 as stock inside.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My scar stops loads my 416 not so much. So if I was to fit some sort of mosfet it would have to go in the scar for sure. But mine is also running around 290 as stock inside.

You do outdoor skirmishes mostly don't you? Think it could be dirt and debris causing it?

Ah cheesey,

I believe you know of this problem which I speak of! I'm sure iv searched for this before and found a few replies from you and others?

• Supporters

To be fair all AEG'S have this issue to some extent.

You dont need to spend a £100 to stop it a basic ab fet will sort it. The spectre costs so much because there is a lot more to it.

This.

Lockups on semi is a very well known and much documented issue which lies with a basic design flaw in the V2 gearbox. It's a shame that the so called TM "Next Gen" gearboxes don't seem to have addressed this but there you go.

As Trig says, you don't HAVE to fit a BTC FET to sort this out, even the £10 fets that SD loves so much will help (although a more expensive one with full cycle completion IS still a better option).

This.

Lockups on semi is a very well known and much documented issue which lies with a basic design flaw in the V2 gearbox. It's a shame that the so called TM "Next Gen" gearboxes don't seem to have addressed this but there you go.

As Trig says, you don't HAVE to fit a BTC FET to sort this out, even the £10 fets that SD loves so much will help (although a more expensive one with full cycle completion IS still a better option).

So is the flaw to do with the trigger mechanism?

• Supporters

So is the flaw to do with the trigger mechanism?

Its a combination of bad design and poor trigger discipline.

Put simply.

If you release the trigger at just the right point so it doesn't supply the full current the gearbox doesn't cycle properly and ends up off time. The cut off lever stays in the locked position and prevents the trigger from activating. When you put the gun in to full auto to unlock the box that allows the cut off lever to return to its normal position as its not used in full auto.

So you have two choices either fit a mosfet with cycle completion or pull the trigger properly.

This can get worse as trigger contacts get old because as they carbon up the power flow gets less so it increases the chance of this happening. Which is probably why RMP has it worse on the scar than the 416.

Archived