TM HK 416D

Sean
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Fun to shoot and reliable, good range out of the box. Owned mine for a couple of years now.

I'd recommend getting the SOPMOD battery connector removed and replaced with Deans(or tamiya if you use them for some reason) - The stock will fit much better LiPo batteries for a fraction of the price of the SOPMOD ones.

The ones in English shops no longer have the H&K trademarks, not sure if you order one from somewhere like Echigoya if it would have them.

I think there's been a couple of threads about them on here.

It's a very well reviewed gun. I'm not sure where you're looking.

Googled it. Other than sites who sell it (who I'm a little sceptical about) and the standard videos that spend most the time talking through the unboxing I couldn't find hardly any actual reviews of the gun

Fun to shoot and reliable, good range out of the box. Owned mine for a couple of years now.

I'd recommend getting the SOPMOD battery connector removed and replaced with Deans(or tamiya if you use them for some reason) - The stock will fit much better LiPo batteries for a fraction of the price of the SOPMOD ones.

The ones in English shops no longer have the H&K trademarks, not sure if you order one from somewhere like Echigoya if it would have them.

I think there's been a couple of threads about them on here.

Thanks.

Have you done any other mods other than the battery connection?

How did you find the 280fps?

• Head Moderator

I have had mine since August 2015, my first and only rifle. I think it is very good straight out of the box, worth the money for quality build and low fps that means you can play any site. As recommended I had mine rewired to Deans and use a 7.4v LiPo battery which fits nicely into the standard HK stock. I have made no other upgrades. Very reliable, the recoil is fun with good thunk sound although not quite a GBB, has good metal and plastic parts and plenty of RIS rail for attachmenrs if you so wish to add any. The Low-cap mags are 82 BB and working bolt stop means the gun stops any dry firing when the mag is empty. These can be set to 30 BB low-cap. I would recommend getting one.

If you want trades, try Combat South shop (see reviews on them).

I have had mine since August 2015, my first and only rifle. I think it is very good straight out of the box, worth the money for quality build and low fps that means you can play any site. As recommended I had mine rewired to Deans and use a 7.4v LiPo battery which fits nicely into the standard HK stock. I have made no other upgrades. Very reliable, the recoil is fun with good thunk sound although not quite a GBB, has good metal and plastic parts and plenty of RIS rail for attachmenrs if you so wish to add any. The Low-cap mags are 82 BB and working bolt stop means the gun stops any dry firing when the mag is empty. These can be set to 30 BB low-cap. I would recommend getting one.

If you want trades, try Combat South shop (see reviews on them).

Funnily enough I went down there and spoke to Russell yesterday. He was a really nice guy and spent ages going through all the options. It was a costly visit as I was getting all of the safety gear and just chatting about potential guns. This was top of the list of those I tried. Since then I have tried to find out as much as I can about the gun. I really liked the non-dry Fire feature.

• Head Moderator

Russell is a top bloke, I have bought both my guns from him and will be going back in a few months to buy a back up gun I always end up buying a fair bit of kit at the same time, what is good is being able to tell them what you are after and having it ordered in ready for you. Tried a shotgun and a couple of HK varients on my last visit. Worth the trip and great customer service.

• Supporters

I'm not sure where people are getting the 'UK ones no longer have trades' thing from. TM don't manufacture different batches for different countries, they don't export at all! Any TM gun you get in this or any other country will come with full trades unless the retailer you buy from has removed them for some reason. I can't think of a good reason but there's a lot of idiots out there.

As for the gun itself, one of the best Airsoft guns I have ever used, 280fps isn't an issue with the TM hop, though it's a straightforward enough job to stick an eagle6 m100 Spring in there if you're desperate for your gun to be closer to your site's limit.

Out of the box performance, you will be lucky to find better. Worth the money. Loads of skirmishers have them. One of the most proven airsoft guns around. You will not go wrong with the purchase.

As far as upgrades, almost every other AEG is based off of the TM design so options are plenty. Nothing really needs upgrading other than the spring IF you want higher FPS.

I have done a fair share of upgrades to mine...

Eagle6 M100 spring

BTC Spectre mosfet

Prometheus Purple bucking

full Prometheus piston assembly

Bespoke motor modification

Upgraded bushings etc

and other little bits I cannot remember.

Was well worth it. The best thing about this rifle though is you don't have to do any of the upgrades above and you will still easily have one of the top five best AEGs availavle.

Needles to say Alex34 likes them! :D

I would echo what has been said already.

The devgru has been my primary for over a year now. Out of the box the only issue I had was that it didn't really like me spamming the trigger on semi, even with a 7.4V lipo. Solved by fitting a BTC spectre, and a load of prometheus parts while it was open.

Needles to say Alex34 likes them! :D

:D

If it came stock with 330 FPS and a programmable mosfet it would be the ultimate assault rifle AEG IMO.

Ahh now this is interesting reading. My Scar-L does not like me spamming it on semi auto either. Is this a common fault? It just locks up, switching to fully auto and running a few rounds through seems to solve it.

• Supporters

Ahh now this is interesting reading. My Scar-L does not like me spamming it on semi auto either. Is this a common fault? It just locks up, switching to fully auto and running a few rounds through seems to solve it.

Common problem with all V2 gearboxes.

So is the btc spectre the best way to fix this?

Oh, so what other options are there trig?

• Supporters

High torque motor, high gear ratio improved wiring and a basic mosfet will give you a good response.

Spectre is a great bit of kit but the precock does put extra strain through your gearbox and motor.

An aeg gearbox is not really designed to sit under stress which is the state its in when the piston is held back.

Ideal situation is to do everything I said but change the basic mosfet for a spectre and a full metal tooth piston.

Just remember though it can only fire as quick as you react. I see people put loads of effort into quick trigger response and being able to spam rounds quick but whether it improves their game is a different matter.

Put more effort into accuracy and then you only need to fire a couple of shots instead of twenty.

I mean this in the nicest possible way "your opinion is wrong" ☺

Lovely guns though that anybody would be proud to own.

How can my opinion be wrong dude?

That's like me saying you disagreeing is wrong.

:angry::angry: make sure we are on opposite teams on the 27th! I'll show you who's wrong! :ph34r::D

• Head Moderator

I'm not sure where people are getting the 'UK ones no longer have trades' thing from. TM don't manufacture different batches for different countries, they don't export at all! Any TM gun you get in this or any other country will come with full trades unless the retailer you buy from has removed them for some reason. I can't think of a good reason but there's a lot of idiots out there.

Based on conversation with a retailer in August 2015 regarding why the TM 416D and Devgru were not listed on their website even though they had both versions in stock. I was told it was because of an issue of TM using HK trades when only Umarex have the official licence to use. No idea on any legal aspects of a company using unsanctioned trades but it is my assumption that TM made a certain number of guns originally with the full trades and these are still available (TM not going to recall them or remove trades) and all the later production ones would be without trades.

• Supporters

Based on conversation with a retailer in August 2015 regarding why the TM 416D and Devgru were not listed on their website even though they had both versions in stock. I was told it was because of an issue of TM using HK trades when only Umarex have the official licence to use. No idea on any legal aspects of a company using unsanctioned trades but it is my assumption that TM made a certain number of guns originally with the full trades and these are still available (TM not going to recall them or remove trades) and all the later production ones would be without trades.

Utter balls, TM have licenses for the production of traded guns for the Japanese domestic market. They do not export, any TM gun you can buy outside of japan has gone through a wholesaler first.

Archived