Gun Advice from people in the know. Well MB10a Vs Modify MD24

Zuks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Heya im a fairly new player thats yet to play in a skirmish currently only playing with a few friends in some private woodland, i previously owned a cheap famas from justbbguns which broke i then stepped up to a SCR SR4 however i must prefered the gameplay i had with the FAMAS dispite it being less FPS and spring. Taking this into consideration i would like to get back into a marksman role and to do this i will be going down the sniper rifle route.

I have around £350 to spend (im 20) and already have the clothing protection ect just need a new rifle. Ive looked at the Well MB10(a) As a potential Rifle but it feels abit too good to be true, the FPS out of the box and the construction seems abit over the top for a £130 Which makes me think there are some major defects im missing.

The other rifle i am considering is the Modify MOD24 This gun has less FPS than the Well MB10a and weighs more but from what i can tell internally is strong, however it is £330 which is obviously a massive jump. Is it really worth paying the extra £200 just for the internals?

Just hoping to get some advice from people who may have had these guns or know alittle more :)

P.S i would prefer not to go down the VSR 10 route

• Root Admin

Do not spend money on Well if you have that sort of money. Grab a JG BAR if you're going for that look and upgrade it - you could throw an SDiK in it like a lot of us have and get a reliable CO2 powered rifle.

I wouldn't go with Modify as I don't believe their parts are very cross-compatible - the magazine location for one is problematic, but AFAIK the hop is close to being VSR compatible. It's more of a mid-level upgraded gun from the reviews out of the box, but with the same money you could probably upgrade a VSR/BAR with the best performance-related parts money can buy. The MB10 isn't quite VSR compatible as the cylinder is a little shorter.

I know you say you don't want to go down the VSR route, but if you genuinely want the best performance in that price range then it's your best bet.

Is there any middle ground with going for a gun like that though? because if i pay £220 for the gun from out of the box it looks very poor, in which case i would have to then put another £300 into it to make it top class, because im assuming i cant just upgrade the spring to the best then hope everything else copes then upgrade the barrel then the cylinders ect

Edit: im not looking for the worlds best gun im just looking for something reliable with some power and accuracy that i could build upon slightly if needed

• Root Admin

You can put just £70 into most builds to get 80% the best build possible anyway - new hop unit and barrel. Cylinder and piston will give you that extra power you want with a weaker spring and you may want to switch to a 90o trigger at some point.

Like I say though: If money is an object then a VSR clone is the best way to go as they're the most accessible parts-wise and really the cheapest to get right. The JG BAR is 80-90 Euros off Taiwan Gun anyway, so you will have plenty left over.

It's about how important the looks are to you. I suppose there is a middle ground, but the MB10 doesn't have a whole lot of versatility when it comes to parts because of that cylinder. This may be a question for Airsoft Sniper Forum, but really it's a decision that's down to you. In airsoft you do frequently have to sacrifice looks for performance and vice versa - on a budget I'd always go the route of performance and the VSR delivers that quite cheaply.

Also if you're not into that hassle then a TM VSR Gspec is quite good out of the box but obviously costs a little more than the JG clone.

• Root Admin

Would this be a better option than the two i previously posted?

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/5-in-1-sniper-set-cm-701b-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Better, but not as good as buying a JG BAR then buying the rest yourself. Don't go for 'bundles'

honestly if you have never skirmished, dont bother. just get an AEG

Well he's not totally new and already has an AEG, but I kind of agree. Sniper rifles are expensive to get to skirmishable levels.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.