Anyone using this sort of head loadout?

Mos

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, as title says..

:

Baseball cap

Eye protection

Mouth mesh guard

Headsock/balaclava

Some sort of ear protection.

Anyone wearing this sort of thing?

Yup, that's pretty much what I wear, except I use a biker 'snood' instead of a balaclava, and no ear protection (snood thing covers the ears).

I wear a cap, eye pro and a lower mesh its light and comfortable. I did go without a hat for ages but a shit on the top of your head hurts like fuck. I wouldn't mind a helmet but have a big head so doubt I could fit in one.

I'll run cap if it's not cold and a shot to the ear feels 10000 times worse, then I take my neck warmer put that over my head down to my ears and use the straps of the mesh mask to close the whole on the other end.

Failing that I will wear a boonie if I'm going full DPM, with goggles and mesh. But don't use anything specific for ear protection.

Those peltor ear defenders, I've been looking at them for a while. The headband thing that connects the two ear mufflers together looks too thin and flimsy. I've never used them, so are they actually flimsy? Or are they strong, and won't snap.

Since you use them for airsoft, I'm assuming they probably won't break.

Thanks.

I've not actually started playing airsoft yet but here a pic of me with

Cap

Ess goggles

Cheapo metal mesh face guard

The Shemagh was fun learning that!

IMG-20160209-WA0005_zpsv9pdsqza.jpeg

• Supporters

Those peltor ear defenders, I've been looking at them for a while. The headband thing that connects the two ear mufflers together looks too thin and flimsy. I've never used them, so are they actually flimsy? Or are they strong, and won't snap.

Since you use them for airsoft, I'm assuming they probably won't break.

Peltor make a lot of different ear defenders, in my post I was referring to their ComTacs (I have the 'XP' set) which are a specific product aimed at military and police usage primarily; they're fairly pricey if bought new since they electronically amplify ambient sounds but cut out instantly when a loud bang occurs in the wearer's vicinity. I've got my own set for airsoft and used them a fair few times in work since they've become popular on military ranges in recent years. Very high level of construction quality.

I was also issued a set of their non-electronic basic defenders for work around aircraft which are a far more basic construction, but also massively cheaper. The genuine Peltor products (as with anything, there are cheap chinese clones floating around) are certainly not flimsy though, I've seen guys on fast jet squadrons use the same set every day for years. I think I lost my own pair in the end when moving between camps on one occasion, but I got a fair amount of use out of them with no signs of them giving up on me.

I use the Sordin Supreme Pro X (the version without the boom mic) picked mine up new for £150ish

RS quality so wont break like the Z-Tactical equivalent, crisp and clear audio and the audio cut out protection for loud bangs etc.. works extremely well.

I run my headset into a fist mic which plugs into my Baofeng radio - brilliant little setup

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

yep, occasionally wear a cap, v2 mask (ears/face) goggles and snood of some sort....perfectly fine :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.