Helmet/goggles/mask

Pandysec

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I have searched and searched but no luck really on this.

I have a fast bump helmet, which I currently use ess goggles with - the small ones, I can't remember thier name v12 stings to mind?

And I wear a shemag (how ever it's spelt) on my lower face over my mouth, but man does your breath make it sweaty.

I'm after some form of goggles which clip to a lower mesh mask, and possibly onto the helmet too, I've seen these goggles that clip onto the helmet, but the mask I'm thinking a nupro one...

Any idea please :)

Best bet is to get a mesh mask and mod it to fit you fast rails on the helmet (vids on you tube) is also a few vids on ther how to make a full face/helmet combo. Be exactly what your discribing mate

I cable ties my mesh lower to my goggles (inspiration from one of the guys on here) but as I don't always wear a helmet, I haven't attached them

You could just run the elastic strap around your helmet & pull the goggles down when in the game area

This is one of my set ups, mesh face mask on first, mesh goggles on second, & then pop on the Fast Helmet - You're pretty well packed in but works well for me!

post-9923-0-88783100-1455097016_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-62374500-1455097026_thumb.jpg

I know there's a video on YouTube where a guy has redesigned his head gear to incorporate ear defenders (radio speakers) where he used nuts & bolts plus the rails

I was thinking of permanently attaching my face gear to my helmet but sometimes I wear mesh goggles or ballistic sunglasses when it's really bright

• Moderators

I know there's a video on YouTube where a guy has redesigned his head gear to incorporate ear defenders (radio speakers) where he used nuts & bolts plus the rails

I was thinking of permanently attaching my face gear to my helmet but sometimes I wear mesh goggles or ballistic sunglasses when it's really bright

I think ive seen one your referring to, all in tan, some guy from US who does a lot of youtube vids...narrows it down :rolleyes:

there is a 5min on on how to get lower mask fixed to fast helmets, pretty simple really, I did it :)

Right now there seems to be some interest in this. But I have been unable to find the required mask at an affordable rate. I'm interested only because in my protective gear my nose is not protected from the sides.

youtube.com/watch?v=paqqoMzFJjY&t=6m50s

Also.

Hmm, Link did not work.

Edited by Sacarathe

• Moderators

i used revision fan googles last week for the afternoon at UA, they worked a treat :), from memory it was the setting before full I had on but I get hot, had them with fast helmet and half face pro,

on another note, not sure why peope moan about the fan noise though to be honest, these remember are designed for the military who drive in armoured vehicles, jump out of planes, fast rope from choppers, fire real guns, make lots of noise!....., sneaking up on an enemy, the enemy are not gonna say 'oh did you hear that, what?, that buzzing noise (in enemy talk haha)..........they are not supposed to be 'silent' they are supposed to work and do their job :)

next up, save for some others as really wanted Tan.....there are cheaper alternatives, FMA do a fan goggle but seen mixed reviews about the lens....I went for the revs as they were in stock, sell well, wanted good eye pro so spent the money and wanted to enjoy my games :)

• Supporters

Right now there seems to be some interest in this. But I have been unable to find the required mask at an affordable rate. I'm interested only because in my protective gear my nose is not protected from the sides.

youtube.com/watch?v=paqqoMzFJjY&t=6m50s

Also.

Hmm, Link did not work.

That's a lower half from a paintball mask isn't it?

Confirmed in the comments section " It's the lower part of a JT Flex 8 paintball mask." Might be worth contacting RAP4 and asking if they sell the lower half as a spare?

• Supporters

In fact there's a couple of Flex 8's on ebay now for £25-30 if you REALLY want that look.

That's a lower half from a paintball mask isn't it?

Confirmed in the comments section " It's the lower part of a JT Flex 8 paintball mask." Might be worth contacting RAP4 and asking if they sell the lower half as a spare?

Yep. He says what it is in the first link. I suppose I could have mentioned what it was ><, but that wasn't the point. :D

In fact there's a couple of Flex 8's on ebay now for £25-30 if you REALLY want that look.

Well it is not about 'that look' it's that I use smith optics goggles, and I'd like my nose to be covered. Nothing more. Have to say I did not find any close to that price when I looked, I was quite thorough, thanks.

• Supporters

Well it is not about 'that look' it's that I use smith optics goggles, and I'd like my nose to be covered. Nothing more. Have to say I did not find any close to that price when I looked, I was quite thorough, thanks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JT-Flex-8-Paintballing-mask-/252277221965?hash=item3abce4ea4d:g:3oIAAOSwvUlWs5s0

Is mesh no an option for you? Most lowers cover your nose and with a judicious bit of fettling can be made to fit most goggle profiles.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JT-Flex-8-Paintballing-mask-/252277221965?hash=item3abce4ea4d:g:3oIAAOSwvUlWs5s0

Is mesh no an option for you? Most lowers cover your nose and with a judicious bit of fettling can be made to fit most goggle profiles.

My nose is exposed at specific angles. Completely safe if my head is level and facing the shooter though.

QDTcKrJ.png

• Supporters

Right, gotcha.

If you could change the side attachment for the strap to a lower point (maybe swap out the old two point strap attachment for a D ring?) it would sit higher which would then allow you to trim the profile of the mask to properly fit your goggles. I use a similar setup but my mask fits quite well on my ESS goggles...

• Moderators

I should take a pic of my helmet.....oh and mesh and rev goggles.....mine may have been to tight though as the day after my nose started peeling as if been in the sun!, still a work in progress to get a comfy fit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.