Taiwan Guns with UKARA

Skippy77

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was suggested Taiwan Guns by Hef_legend. I love the site but it almost seems too unreal.

I'm after a Well MB01 and it's on their site for about £78 whereas over here in the UK you can get it for £105.

Will it be the same standard of gun if bought from Poland as it would be here or are they second best?

I've searched for some previous post but they seem older than 2013 regarding this. Has any one bought from them recently and has there been any issues with postage through customs?

Edited by Monty

• Root Admin

UKARA membership isn't a licence - it's a way of easily proving a defence for buying an RIF. There are other forms of defence so please try to avoid calling it a 'licence' as it gives people the wrong idea. UKARA is not a government body.

Taiwan Gun are well recommended. They have their own thread in the 'places to buy' subforum - it's always worth searching the website first as your answer is kind of in that thread already: They'll put your UKARA membership number on the outside of the box and Border Force will verify it upon entry, so make sure the address matches up with your registered UKARA one.

So long as you've done that then you'll be completely fine.

As for your second question: Well are the same everywhere so Poland is good too. Again, be sure to make the retailer put your UKARA number on the box. As a side note: I owned a Well L96 and it required a lot of upgrading to get it skirmishable; it's not as common to get parts for this became pretty expensive (had to get a lot of the upgrades from PDI, who are not a cheap manufacturer). If you have a budget and care more about performance than how it looks then perhaps consider a JG BAR as they're more documented and slightly cheaper to buy parts for.

Also, quick answer questions like this have their own thread which tends to get viewed much quicker and also keeps the forum clean if there's no need for discussion: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/22692-quick-questions-simple-answers/page-39

Thanks AF-UK Addict, I was just seeing if people have had issues with them, and whether their guns are just as good as if buying them in the UK.

Cheers

• Supporters

Has any one bought from them recently and has there been any issues with postage through customs?

Never used them or Gunfire

no wait - oh those sods who made me buy more n more n more n more

yes theyr'e sound 101% as long as you got ukara

once you got that - kiss your wallet goodbye

first order might take one or two days extra whilst they run a paypal check

(sure both my first orders at TWG & GF were a bit slow but after the "few" other orders flew through)

Rate TWG slightly faster shipping than GF - not much but Monday orders usually arrive by Friday from TWG

Gunfire - hmm little hit n miss if they arrive Friday or following Monday

Gunfire have bigger selection and when they have sale on prices go really mental - gimme gimme gimme

But often TWG do stuff a bit cheaper than GF but limited range of spares

I live at both websites - but keeping to my new years resolution of not buying any more guns - just spares now n then

Don't care if we come out of EU now - got enough crap to last me for yonks

I've got an order incoming from TaiwanGun at the moment. I've used them three or four times before, never had any issues (except the barrel of one of my AKs was a little wonky. Couldn't be bothered with returning it, so just fixed it with cable-ties). As far as I'm aware, they do handle returns quite well if you did have an issue.

They've also got free postage on orders above 60 euros at the moment until the 15th of Feb.

UKARA membership isn't a licence - it's a way of easily proving a defence for buying an RIF. There are other forms of defence so please try to avoid calling it a 'licence' as it gives people the wrong idea. UKARA is not a government body.

Taiwan Gun are well recommended. They have their own thread in the 'places to buy' subforum - it's always worth searching the website first as your answer is kind of in that thread already: They'll put your UKARA membership number on the outside of the box and Border Force will verify it upon entry, so make sure the address matches up with your registered UKARA one.

So long as you've done that then you'll be completely fine.

As for your second question: Well are the same everywhere so Poland is good too. Again, be sure to make the retailer put your UKARA number on the box. As a side note: I owned a Well L96 and it required a lot of upgrading to get it skirmishable; it's not as common to get parts for this became pretty expensive (had to get a lot of the upgrades from PDI, who are not a cheap manufacturer). If you have a budget and care more about performance than how it looks then perhaps consider a JG BAR as they're more documented and slightly cheaper to buy parts for.

Also, quick answer questions like this have their own thread which tends to get viewed much quicker and also keeps the forum clean if there's no need for discussion: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/22692-quick-questions-simple-answers/page-39

In regards to upgrading the L96, Airsoftpro.cz have a load of great upgrades for nearly all models/brands of snipers and they cost a lot less than PDI too.

• Root Admin

Yah, I actually bought my trigger mech from them. Barrels are more expensive though. Also replacement receivers are a lot (which strip often with 90o triggers). Overall having upgraded both fully I'd say I prefer the VSR from my limited use of it. Much smaller and the magazine sites slightly further back.

the only negative is the fps isn't as stated, you need to research the other sites for upgrades as i brought an Well MB4406D ( listed on there site now no item description now of that gun its a mb4411 i think now)

and I'm struggling to find parts. Other than that good company and cheap postage

Also my upgrades come under the l96 aws section, not well upgrades

the only negative is the fps isn't as stated, you need to research the other sites for upgrades as i brought an Well MB4406D ( listed on there site now no item description now of that gun its a mb4411 i think now)

and I'm struggling to find parts. Other than that good company and cheap postage

http://airsoftpro.cz/eshop/index.php?cPath=93_233

They fit

• Root Admin

They absolutely fit. All the Maruzen APS-2 Type 96 clones are nearly identical in every way.

And just in case it wasn't obvious to anyone: AirsoftPro supply ASPUK with their rebranded stuff but obviously you can buy it a lot cheaper directly.

PDI do quality springs for about £8 a go. Think their free shipping thing on X-Fire ended though :(

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.