Starter/Regular/Addict

20ChickenNuggets

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

All in good time young grasshopper. As prof said, focus on saying something useful rather than just saying anything for the sake of it - bad for server space. I've been on here over 3 years and I don't think I've even reached 1k posts yet! ( am I the only one who thought the titles were time based rather than post count ?)

• Head Moderator

Maybe they need two different methods for deciding titles, time and post count. I would consider a veteran to be someone who has been part of the forum for years whereas an addict is someone who justs posts a lot. Some long term or early joiners have very low post counts as infrequent contributers and some newer members are very prolific in posts. None of the titles are really indictive of quality; some members cannot be bothered to use the edit button and just keep posting, others can have a long stream of chat in a thread bumping up their post count, and for some it is just care in the airsoft community :)

Think that Regular is given at 100 posts. I have only just realised that (at 839) I am now a vet!

And do not forget to Like this post, need to get my count up some more to win the fluffy pink unicorn prize at 2000 likes ;)

• Supporters

Maybe they need two different methods for deciding titles, time and post count. I would consider a veteran to be someone who has been part of the forum for years whereas an addict is someone who justs posts a lot. Some long term or early joiners have very low post counts as infrequent contributers and some newer members are very prolific in posts. None of the titles are really indictive of quality; some members cannot be bothered to use the edit button and just keep posting, others can have a long stream of chat in a thread bumping up their post count, and for some it is just care in the airsoft community :)

Think that Regular is given at 100 posts. I have only just realised that I am now a vet!

And do not forget to Like this post, need to get my count up some more to win the fluffy pink unicorn prize at 2000 likes ;)

What? No unicorn?!

• Moderators

Never noticed those titles before.

that's cause your an addict!!!.....

what am I now?.....ok don't comment! haha (399 at time of posting..... Regular)

• Head Moderator

What title? Am I missing something?

OK I will bite. The one over your picture on the left of your post, apparently you are a AF-UK Addict. I think it is the equivilent of Zero In using dumb ranks to mark a member's status on the forum, or a way to spot new members / low posters.

• Supporters

OK I will bite. The one over your picture on the left of your post, apparently you are a AF-UK Addict. I think it is the equivilent of Zero In using dumb ranks to mark a member's status on the forum, or a way to spot new members / low posters.

You dont get that on mobile. Never use my computer to look on here, would check now but I honestly couldn't give a toss. Just didn't have a clue what people were on about.

Edit; See what your on about now. I just hit full version and cant believe how many posts I have racked up.

• Head Moderator

You dont get that on mobile. Never use my computer to look on here, would check now but I honestly couldn't give a toss. Just didn't have a clue what people were on about.

Edit; See what your on about now. I just hit full version and cant believe how many posts I have racked up.

Yes you are in that forum junkie category. Apart for aking for or giving advice, it is easy to get chatting socially on here especially when we derail threads or go a bit off topic. And we all have an opinion to voice. Now if they also had a counter for how many hours we have been using the forum for that could be quite shocking, realising how many accumulated weeks have been spent here.

I've never used a forum before and just wanted to understand it really.

Ask google then. Being a forum user doesn't not make forum experts. :)

You're being disingenuous, its impossible to imagine you did not know what you were asking above in the OP; you already knew the answer, furthermore titles such as these are set case by case, by server admins, so every forum is different.

Like I said, I just wanted to know. I'm not looking for anything from it, I'm not seeking a goal. I'm simply asking a question.

I didn't know if it was by posts or time scale, or if you have to be a supporter.

Asking google would surely contradict your post because as you said, every forum is different? This is the reason why I asked about this forum, on this forum.

• Supporters

Ask google then. Being a forum user doesn't not make forum experts. :)

You're being disingenuous, its impossible to imagine you did not know what you were asking above in the OP; you already knew the answer, furthermore titles such as these are set case by case, by server admins, so every forum is different.

That's a bit harsh.

Not everyone spends half their day online surfing forums.

• Moderators

Yes you are in that forum junkie category. Apart for aking for or giving advice, it is easy to get chatting socially on here especially when we derail threads or go a bit off topic. And we all have an opinion to voice. Now if they also had a counter for how many hours we have been using the forum for that could be quite shocking, realising how many accumulated weeks have been spent here.

hopefully 400 posts now....500 I change from looking at from regular to veteran...haha

anyway, some forums allow you to see how many hours.......days and months you spend on it, one I used to mod on had that function and yes its very scary!!

if I was a mod a few posts would have gone by now ruining the stats!!! hahaha

• Supporters

I've only just noticed this is in 'off-topic' but were it not i'd argue you're wrong.

I don't see how which section it was posted in makes the blindest bit of difference. Personally I think you were out of order by making the suggestion that the OP was basically lying. If someone doesn't use forums how are they supposed to know what forum ranks are or how they work?

hopefully 400 posts now....500 I change from looking at from regular to veteran...haha

anyway, some forums allow you to see how many hours.......days and months you spend on it, one I used to mod on had that function and yes its very scary!!

if I was a mod a few posts would have gone by now ruining the stats!!! hahaha

its a bit of a redundant feature, I often leave tabs open when I'm busy or leave my computer on all day with a page open. so of course it would be higher then it should be :-)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.