RIS to Outer Barrel/ Receiver Compatability?

Twice19

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

I have a Frankenstien M4 which I'm looking to upgrade.

The Receiver and internals are all Jing Gong; with a Tokyo Marui front end (complete).

I'm looking into getting this;

http://www.evike.com/products/26633/

It says that it will fit JG; but requires modification to fit TM.

Can anyone tell me; would the fitting modification be to the receiver (so no mod); or the outer barrel (so need to mod to get it on); or likely both.

Thanks, guys

Twice19

• Supporters

TM doesn't generally have the same type of delta nut on the receiver but if your receiver is JG then I see no reason why it wouldn't fit.

• Root Admin

Also the obligatory 'don't buy from Evike or anywhere in the US unless you absolutely have to' - that $55 rail becomes $75 after shipping then $100 after you're taxed and have paid Parcelforce their courier charge. That kind of money can buy you a really, really nice licensed rail here in the UK.

Redwolf Airsoft just had a sale on some of theirs. Not sure if it's still going.

Thanks, Lozart. I figured it was mostly fitted to the reciever, but wanted to be sure.

Didn't take into account the import charges. Looked at exch-rate for a $55 set and was impressed - didn't think about the rest of the charges. I'll have rethink on the import. Thanks Proffrink.

I have a sample of this rail sent to me a while back, although it comes without the barrel nut and front plate if I remember rightly. I'll dig it out and let you know a price if you're interested? It's a 7 inch btw. Generally though these 2-piece rails can be a pain which is why a lot of people go for free-float rails.

I bought both my free float rails from ak2m4. So easy to install :) take of old rails & barrel nut, screw on new barrel nut, screw on rail & tighten screws

Job done

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.