SRC SR4 TCC INTERNAL UPGRADES?

Alex Matcher

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I got a gun abut 4 months ago and its accuracy,range and grouping is getting worse even after using the hop up adjustment. Its an m4.

Please don't lecture me about this topic I just really need a straight and informative answer.

What internal upgrades can I place on my SRC SR4 TCC to improve accuracy,range and grouping?

My budget is 350 pounds

• Supporters

I think it may still have the classic TM 2 piece hop unit in there...

rear pin out andshe should lift/tilt upwards on 2 piece hop guns

problem is when you slide off them 2 piece hop receivers like a 1 piece hop gun

you can very easily snap off them tabs especially on plastic/polymer receivers

BUT I don't know the whole SRC Range that well - just the crappy lower end stuff that I know used the 2-piece hop

it might not have the tabs on upper reciever so can slide off - if its this type you should see a small lug at back of receiver

that aligns into lower receiver

(obviously to slide off the front receiver pin has to get removed and not needed to remove the rear pin)

2 piece was designed to quickly and easily gain access to top half of the 2-piece hop unit in old style guns

but has nigh on been replaced by one piece hop units these days

cheapest option is to experiment with different buckings and ensure nub is fitted along with hop spring pushing it back to seal

those two things seem to dissappear.

clean barrel, try a mediocre one like zci

madbull I wasn't ultra impressed with myselfwhen I tried a long tbb one - python I think

or at higher end

Laylax Prometheus or PDI - but most of what you seek is going to need the hop/bucking as best as possible

The bucking first, if it has a 2-piece hop unit on a plastic receiver it can be dremmel'd easily with care to accept the more common 1 piece hop unit

then you can look at many different hop units like a pro-win hop perhaps

metal receiver will require a little bit more careful work but can be done

now if you got a 1 piece hop in there you can change it out anyway

But the bucking and little barrel clean is first place to start

would lay money the bucking £5 to £10 is torn or worn and is why you gun has gradually been getting worse

could also be a fps drop which could come from bad seal - main culprit could be the bucking rather than a complete rebuild of gearbox

so this is why we bang on so much about the hop/bucking - most loss of accuracy and also fps drop will happen if bucking is worn/torn/bad sealing

try out a bucking or two - even cheap shs ok-ish bucking or guarder black or G&G green bucking should help

Samurai may know a lot more about the middle range of SRC's as he may have more experience on them than me on lower end stuff

He may be able to know exactly what they are internally stock wise and if upper receiver is old skool tabs or not

SRC M4 RIS metal/plastic is tabbed

SRC M4 Dragon (deffo plastic) doesn't have the 2 tabs at rear but still has 2 piece hop unit

That is really all I know

• Supporters

Yes. Clean it properly, and switch the piston head OR the cylinder head to a POM one. Ready.

And throw away your silicone spray.

Of course if you find the hopup bucking torn, then replace that as Duck said.

• Root Admin

Like Duck already said: LayLax/Prometheus/First Factory/Nineball (all the same company), ORGA and PDI make the nicest ones. I'd recommend a 6.05 because you get a more consistent hop with that wider bore, but a lot of people vouch for tighter bores (i.e. 6.01) for slightly higher fps. Either way you'll see an improvement in accuracy.

Bucking wise, Prometheus makes nice ones. Would recommend their softer AEG bucking and some decent ammo weights (.25g or .28g) for the best results without R-hopping or flat hopping.

• Supporters

I got a gun abut 4 months ago and its accuracy,range and grouping is getting worse even after using the hop up adjustment. Its an m4.

Please don't lecture me about this topic I just really need a straight and informative answer.

What internal upgrades can I place on my SRC SR4 TCC to improve accuracy,range and grouping?

My budget is 350 pounds

Not going to lecture but tbh if my budget was £350

I'd get a new bucking(s) to start with, maybe spend up to £50

getting shooting better - maybe hop and/or zci tbb

(said all this earlier)

Then buy a better gun like Krytac or something

keeping the SRC as a half decent spare/backup gun

rather than pour up to £350 into just one SRC

up to you though but think I'd set say a £50 limit on the SRC myself

these toy guns need a little money but mostly time and care if you want good performance

chucking money at stuff doesn't always work - most of it is down to ensuring the stuff is fitted and working properly

soz said I wasn't going to lecture - ooops

• Supporters

Honestly, spending £350 on upgrades on a SRC gun is the very definition of polishing a turd. Open it up, give the barrel a good clean and maybe spend £10 on a new hop bucking if you require it.

Spend the rest on a krytac gun and be done with it.

• Root Admin

Like jcheeseright says, ideally in the future you want to move away from that SRC but you can keep the barrel and hop up bucking so that's fine. I'd just grab a decent bucking and fit it into your stock hop unit. Make sure the seal is good by using a couple of wraps of PTFE/Teflon tape, but really that's all you can do without fiddling with the gearbox.

You could splash out for a new hop unit like the ProWin one, but they have some slight compatibility issues in certain guns and aren't always entirely necessary. Just work on getting the hop right and you'll be fine.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.