Leicester/Berks newbie here

babs1997

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I go to Uni in Leicester but live in Berkshire so I have access to quite a few different arenas which is good for a beginner ;) I'm just getting to the stage of considering my first rifle and the M4 family seems to be for me. Are there any reliable brands/models you guys would recommend for a budget ~£270? Full metal is a must.

Also, some M4s come with those rounded handguards which don't have space for customisation, is there a way I could swap those out for a rail system after buying the gun?

Finally if any of you are from the Leicester/ Berkshire area, what are your favourite/most friendly sites? It'd be cool to meet some of you guys :)

Cheers!

Oh lord. You have a nice budget there, just for the airsoft gun? Or for BBs, face mask etc

If just for the airsoft gun, for around 200 ish you can get yourselves a nice ICS gun (I actually have one, and from what I can say, is fairly good, had on problem but, sorted that out.) http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-metaltan-m4-ris-airsoft-gun-aeg that's the one I have, I also have another ICS gun, but it's a different model.

Or, G&G do a lot of the m4 type guns, but they call them combat machines - I think. http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-metaltan-m4-ris-airsoft-gun-aeg there are loads of G&G guns to look at, I'm sure someone else on here has some good ideas.

I'm sure someone will give a better gun than what I have suggested, just look at some other G&G weapons, maybe from zeroone.

Good luck

EDIT: if not, just watch the football, leicester are on fire atm.

G&G offer several ranges. Look at their Top Tech range for full metal, some of which are AEG but have pneumatic blowback. The cheaper range tend to be plastic but are very good quality.

Cheers Mos, that looks like a pretty sweet M4 and will leave me some money to customise :) What sort of FPS have you got from it so far and what problem did you have with it?

The budget is for the gun alone, I was thinking maybe £50 to get me some decent soldier 95 camo, some protection and a cheap tactical vest :) I already have really solid boots which saves me ~£70 :)

• Moderators

ICS M4 EBB or the CXP range.....check them out on google or fire support, where I got mine from, very good service and very reliable RIFs :)

and it doesn't stop there.....you'll keep buying.......and buying and buying........

• Head Moderator

Finally if any of you are from the Leicester/ Berkshire area, what are your favourite/most friendly sites? It'd be cool to meet some of you guys :)

Welcome :) The Mall in Reading is always a good site to meet up with some of the forum members, and offers great indoor CQB. Good transport links there.

http://www.zedadventures.co.uk/locations/zedadventureszedevents-co-uk/

• Supporters

Welcome :) The Mall in Reading is always a good site to meet up with some of the forum members, and offers great indoor CQB. Good transport links there.

http://www.zedadventures.co.uk/locations/zedadventureszedevents-co-uk/

Second that the mall is a great place on the right day.

You get the occasional day where people dont seem to want to throw themselves in but generally a good crowd. Facilities are ok,the marshalls are nice guys and the venue is great.

One thing is its a site that gets better the more you play and learn the layout. Some of the regular players can really use the site which allows them to cause more carnage so try and attach yourself to one of them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.