First outing

Sean

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So after 12 years out I had my first outing at Sussex airsoft today and thought I would tell you all about it.

Got there at 9.45 and got set up with the hire gear. Got put into teams of 8 and started with some basic storm the fort games, followed by the capture bin laden games which were good fun.

Things that I noticed:

1) where do kids get there money from. I've never seen gear like it, one of the little kids couldn't even carry it all he had so much. I couldn't afford a packet of premier league stickers when I was 13 let alone the amount of brand new gear they have.

2) the hire guns were shite. I ended up changing mags 3 time and guns 3 times before I got a reliable one. It ruined most of the games for me and was very disappointing. I want to buy myself a decent gun but have to wait to go another 2 times which makes me not really want to go back if I have to use the hire equipment again.

3) people cheat. Can't understand why. Everyone seems to get infuriated with each other about it. Doesn't lend for a nice atmosphere.

4) still people take it too seriously. It's pretty embarrassing when people are walking back to the spawn zone and shouting at you to charge 😂

5) the guy who ran it was a top guy. Spent a lot of time chatting to me as a new player, spoke about tactics and equipment and showed me round the site at lunch. Made me feel very welcome and made the day enjoyable.

6) I must have been the oldest there at 30. I must admit I thought there would be more adults than there were. 50% under 16's I reckon.

7) got the bug but the hire equipment has really put a dampener on it, is there anyway at all I can get the defence another way?

Anyway that's enough from me. I'm bloody knackered but it was worth it. Fun day out

aye, if your budget permits you can buy any gun as you are over 18 and just get it 2-toned by the retailer. Some will charge, others do it free, and tbh if you are gonna hire for another 2 games, then you'd save the cost of hiring by buying and have a better gun to use. The CM range as Proffrink said are good starter guns, they are most def not the best guns out there though so if you have a higher budget then I'd buy a better gun!

aye, if your budget permits you can buy any gun as you are over 18 and just get it 2-toned by the retailer. Some will charge, others do it free, and tbh if you are gonna hire for another 2 games, then you'd save the cost of hiring by buying and have a better gun to use. The CM range as Proffrink said are good starter guns, they are most def not the best guns out there though so if you have a higher budget then I'd buy a better gun!

Thanks for the reply. So budget permitting what guns would you be looking at? Are there a few manufacturers I should put to the top of the list?

7) If the site has a shop where you can buy what you want - some site owners let you buy a gun from them and hold it for you. "Hire" that particular AEG from them for 3 games to pay off the gun and get UKARA. Once you've done your 3, you can get UKARA and officially buy your gun with the last instalment.

😃

1) where do kids get there money from. I've never seen gear like it, one of the little kids couldn't even carry it all he had so much. I couldn't afford a packet of premier league stickers when I was 13 let alone the amount of brand new gear they have.

Capitalism and stuff

• Moderators

The Krytac Trident range are very good, umm the PTS ERG RM4 is a lovely gun, have heard that the new ICS M4s are nice.

I have a ICS M4 EBB, lovely gun, recommend it :), used it for half the game on Saturday as the other half was for the ICS CXP, gotta use both (although 1st game didn't get hit :)), got a lot of kills with it, it did me proud

next up, another to become a DMR but not until later in the year.....possibly....maybe.....or a new upper gearbox, spring etc....who knows...

really depends on what you want to be honest and what you like the look of, everyone is different :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.