what spring for under 350 fps

vialli

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

i bought cyma cm028 from taiwan gun and its was firing around 370fps,so i bought a guarder sp100 spring thinking that i would drop the fps to below 350 which is the limit at my local site but its now firing at 385 to 390.Apart from the new spring i regreased the piston o ring and the gears (no grease on the gears whatsoever when i opened up the gearbox.So my question is which spring will get me below 350 fps?im thinking a guarder sp90 will still be to powerfull.

Taiwan gun did offer a free downgrade service but i like to do the work myself.

cheers

if an M100 gets you 390fps then an M90 should get you 351, yes it is over but not by any margin, you could dial that out with your hop probably!

Might as well post my stupid question in here seeing as though there is already a thread.

My krytac spr shoots around 280fps as it is the UK version. I have googled to hell and back to see what stock spring it has and no dice.

I want to take it as close to 350fps as possible but without going over it, now I am under the impression I need an m100 spring...but I may be wrong.

Any ideas?

• Supporters

Might as well post my stupid question in here seeing as though there is already a thread.

My krytac spr shoots around 280fps as it is the UK version. I have googled to hell and back to see what stock spring it has and no dice.

I want to take it as close to 350fps as possible but without going over it, now I am under the impression I need an m100 spring...but I may be wrong.

Any ideas?

Yeah take it back to the shop. I have had my hands on 5 different krytacs and all of them were averaging around 330fps stock. I thought they were all fitted with m100 springs, reckon yours has an issue.

Yeah take it back to the shop. I have had my hands on 5 different krytacs and all of them were averaging around 330fps stock. I thought they were all fitted with m100 springs, reckon yours has an issue.

I am firing 0.25's

I bought it from patrolbase and this is what they put in their description and I have read that the UK versions are weaker then the US versions.

• Name Designation: Trident SPR - Dark Earth
  • Manufacturer: KRYTAC
  • Fire Selector: Safe, Semi, Fully Automatic
  • Magazine Capacity: 300 Rounds (Hi-cap)
  • Feet Per Second (FPS): 311fps (Using 0.20g BBs)
  • Powered By: Electric
  • Construction: Full Alloy Construction, with Polymer Stock and Pistol Grip
  • Hop Up: Adjustable behind Dust Cover
  • Length: 84cm - 92cm
  • Height: 22.3cm
  • Weight: 2.7kg

• Supporters

311 is lower than the ones I have seen.

If you put up a post saying what fps your gun is firing add your bb weight if not basing it on 0.2g as thats what most people use for a base fps reading.

It will most likely be a m100 try an m110.

You want to chrono it with 0.2 as thats what sites use. 350fps with 0.25g is about 380fps with 0.2g.

• Root Admin

Krytacs or other AEGs? No doubt you did but they're even listing it there as 310. Not sure why, but maybe because of a lot of those CQB sites and they're not able to reliably keep it around 325-330? I guess that makes more business sense than people returning their guns because they shoot hot. *shrugs*

Oh god how many spring changes have I done in my SPR Krytac over the last few weeks..... lol

I do know that an Orga 6.23mm WBB (450mm) combined with an ASG M150 spring will get you pretty much bang on 350 fps,

I do know that a PDI 6.05mm (420mm) combined with an Orga M125 spring will get you 410fps at home, then when on site will bizarrely drop to 335 fps and shoot like a pile of turd for no reason

I do know that if you then swap the upper receiver/barrel for that on a Krytac PDW the fps is 350 on the button and range/accuracy is obscenely good with effectively the only change being barrel length????

I'd go with an M100/M110 spring tbh on a standard SPR.

• Supporters

Put in a sp90 and it's bang on 330 fps.Got a feeling that m100 may have been a m110 in a m100 packet.

People underestimate just how much of a difference that little bit of grease on the piston o-ring makes. If you had ONLY changed the spring and got the same results then I would be inclined to agree but as you also said that you lubed up one of the major points or airseal then no, I'd say it was an m100 in that m100 packet.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to necro an old post.

I had my pulse rifle sent off to have a new motor, spring, barrel, hopup nub/bucking, mosfet installed.

Mosfet ended up being DOA so gotta return that.

The spring I Included was a Nuprol M110, the guy said it was chronoing at 370fps and the site limit here is around 340.

Would an M100 drop it down to there, or should I look for an M90 or M95?

I've found a Nuprol M90 and some M95's https://www.airsoftstation.com/asg-ultimate-upgrade-aeg-spring-blue-m95/

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/element-aeg-m95-st-spring-airsoft-5491-p.asp

There's others I found elsewhere but all by manufacturers I've not heard of. Thought here?

Also what different does it make if a spring is 'piano wire' or 'silicone',  'variable pitch' etc?

Why's this M90 spring: https://outdoorandtactical.co.uk/product/pdi-aeg-silicon-chrome-steel-spring-100-m90-variable-pitch/

So much more expensive than eg; https://outdoorandtactical.co.uk/product/vfc-aeg-spring-m90/ , https://www.airsoftstation.com/shs-m90-aeg-spring/ , https://www.krale.shop/en/spring-nuprol-m90-aeg.html , https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/shs-nonlinear-spring-m90-airsoft-replacement-aeg-spring-7021-p.asp

Out of those M90 ones, if the M100 is still gonna be too powerful, which of the M90's should I try?

Getting myself a chronograph too so I can test this.

I have had an M95 chrono at 360 FPS before, it depends how good your air seal is. 

My P90 has an incredible seal and I had to use a M90 to drop it to 335 FPS. I generally use standard SHS ones. I am unsure about the differences myself beyond FPS variance. 

Well, I remember him saying the seal was great etc or something like that. I guess I need to buy an M90 because and M100 is gonne be over 350 if an M110 is 370.

How easy is it to replace the spring in my gun? since I'm buying my own chrono (ACETECH Airsoft Gun AC6000), and I'm waiting for Gate NANOAAB to be returned as the first one was DOA - rather than pay this guy to do it how easy is changing the spring and adding a mosfet?

I'm in the process of rebuilding the gun right now so this is what it looks like;

rgJi0le.jpg

11 minutes ago, paradoxum said:

Well, I remember him saying the seal was great etc or something like that. I guess I need to buy an M90 because and M100 is gonne be over 350 if an M110 is 370.

How easy is it to replace the spring in my gun? since I'm buying my own chrono (ACETECH Airsoft Gun AC6000), and I'm waiting for Gate NANOAAB to be returned as the first one was DOA - rather than pay this guy to do it how easy is changing the spring and adding a mosfet?

I'm in the process of rebuilding the gun right now so this is what it looks like;

rgJi0le.jpg

It uses a V6 gearbox. So although you will need to take the gearbox apart, it is one of the easiest gearboxes to work on as all of the wiring is external. 

Mosfet installation is a bit confusing on a V6 P90 which I have attempted before, but it is essentially the same as any other rifle. I am not a fan of the Gate NanoAAB as it would lock up my rifle fairly often if I spammed the trigger on semi. This happened on 3 of my rifs that had them installed. I switched them out for non AAB mosfets. Apparently the lock ups do not happen on other AAB mosfets but I couldn't confirm. 

I took it apart as far as separating the 'top' from the 'bottom of the main gun, but from there I had absolutely no idea how to access the spring or open it up. He put a new motor in for me and said to wire up a mosfet I'd need to access the gearbox anyway to wire up the signal wire. what do the other wires hook up to? cause if I can do some Y split on the cables now while I have it open and stick deans connectors on the end it would save time later (maybe?)

Also is that good for this gun? I got maple leaf bucking/nub, madbull barrel, and it's got a nuprol 16RPA motor in there. 

I've got these springs on hand now:

Springs
- Nuprol M110 AEG Spring
- Nuprol M100 AEG Spring
- SHS Nonlinear M90 AEG Spring
- VFC AEG Spring M90
- PDI AEG 100% (M90) Silicon Chrome Steel Spring Variable Pitch

I'm gonna get my own chrono shortly, (ACETECH Airsoft Gun AC6000, good choice?) and try each one. I'm interested to know why the PDI silicon chrome steel spring was so much more expensive than the rest.

Engineer said gun was firing 370 fps with 0.20g BBs using the M110 spring, the site limit here is 340, so I'm thinking I'll probably need to drop to M90 (I've seen M95's too). Having a hard time figuring out how to open the gearbox assembly though to change the spring and also install the mosfet wire.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.