Head shots.

K@rl

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I didn't shoot him he had no eye pro on. But one of the lads let off a mrk5 flashbang about 2 meters from him.

I'm a terrible person as that's exactly what I'd have done...

Spaz, was your dog ok?

I'm one of "them guys"; don't really care much about people - we can look after ourselves.

Hurt a (mine or someone else's) dog...a side of me comes out that not even I like to see!

Anyway....headshots...I try not to go for people's head. If it's the only part I can see then I'll do a single shot. But for the most part I try to avoid it.

If playing woodland and it's a long shot, I'll feel a little less bad about it.

CQB I try to avoid if I can.

I'm just too much of a nice guy :-)

• Supporters

Spaz, was your dog ok?

I'm one of "them guys"; don't really care much about people - we can look after ourselves.

Hurt a (mine or someone else's) dog...a side of me comes out that not even I like to see!

Anyway....headshots...I try not to go for people's head. If it's the only part I can see then I'll do a single shot. But for the most part I try to avoid it.

If playing woodland and it's a long shot, I'll feel a little less bad about it.

CQB I try to avoid if I can.

I'm just too much of a nice guy :-)

Yea, she was. Fortunately... She's no show dog, so she was fine after only of minute of cuddling and a milkbone :). Here she is now - no permanent damage done.

• Moderators

I try not to but at the weekend, its all I had at one point....head stuck up over a pallet....anyway people have taken them at me many times and sometimes it cant be helped, but id prefer to aim elsewhere if possible....

due to the wind on sat though I did hit some one using a curve ball in the head!...aim left hit right......may need heavier bbs

I generally don't aim for the head, and if there's someone with only their head showing, I'd probably wait until they came up to shoot before I fired (although that might be because I'd rather have a bigger target).

However, there have been instances where someone's come out of nowhere, and I've instinctively pulled the trigger. I once had a game where I was alone in a pillbox type structure, defending against what felt like at least a dozen players in the last minute of the game (the pillbox being the last objective), and a guy ran past with just his head showing above the wall around me. I instinctively fired, and caught him with about three rounds in the side of the face. I immediately felt bad, lost focus for just a second as I apologized to him, and promptly got shot by his mates as they rushed me. Not sure that story has a moral really. Was a fun last stand though.

• Moderators

remind me to make sure my heads not in line of sight then when i ever get to RIFT :)

remind me to make sure my heads not in line of sight then when i ever get to RIFT :)

Haha, that's not even the worst one! In one of my first skirmishes, I took aim at someone through some trees, squeezed the trigger, only to have a teammate pop up and take a shot at the game guy. Right in front of me. Caught him square in the back of the head from about two metres. Fortunately I'd been talking to him in the safe-zone before the game, and he took it in good humor. I expect it probably stung just a tad though... :P

• Supporters

My view on head shots is this - the game involves shooting each other. Some places hurt more than others but why complain about getting shot in the head? You know the risks involved when you start - if you don't like it, buy a helmet.

That said, while I don't necessarily aim for the head all the time sometimes it's unavoidable.

I'll take a headshot if that's all that I can see

I expect the same courtesy towards me if all I'm showing is my bonce I won't moan when shot in it :)

Head shots should count all day long if that is the only visible part of the body showing. If they don't wear full face protection, that is not your issue. Obviously, try and aim for center mass but if the head is showing, then go for it.

Am glad we're all pretty much in agreement, so......

Which of U, who would take the shot, don't were lower face?

Slightly more contentious this

My views -

Everyone has the option to wear it, that player has chosen not to wear it. If their head is the only thing showing and they are a threat to me in terms of shooting I'm taking the shot

I expect some people not to agree with me and I don't actively seek to hurt players but we all knew what we were doing when we turned up and agreed to play

Slightly more contentious this

My views -

Everyone has the option to wear it, that player has chosen not to wear it. If their head is the only thing showing and they are a threat to me in terms of shooting I'm taking the shot

I expect some people not to agree with me and I don't actively seek to hurt players but we all knew what we were doing when we turned up and agreed to play

Agreed totally. Have a read of my post above, but to surmise I basically said the same thing. People choose not to wear full face pro, that is their choice and they know the potential consequences of not wearing full face pro.

I play to shoot ppl and to be shot, I mostly play a local woodland site which is quite a large site. I always aim for the head as with the distances I play at I know the bb will drop and hopefully hit centre mass! I'm quite happy to take head shots and give them out in equal measure! However if I'm at close range 20m or so, I'll always go for a body shot as I'm more likely to hit the target! 5m or less I use the bang rule, as my site utilises it! At a different site I have been full auto'd in the back from <2m wearing ubacs only, the site didn't run a bang rule so fairs fair! If it had been the face I wouldn't of been the happiest but I run full face dye i4's

I guess what I'm getting at is I treat others how I wish to be treated, I also treat others how they treat me! The only time I do any different is if someone doesn't take their hits! Then they get the lot!

There are some occasions where I've ended up getting shot at without lower face on (mostly long distance stuff, where I think I'm out of range). If in one of those instances I got ended up losing a tooth, I don't think there'd be a single moment where I considered it anyone's fault but my own. As people have said, not wearing lower face protection is a risk, and those of us who go without have to deal with the consequences should they ever occur.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.