Blitz CQB - Whitechapel (Airbourne Airsoft)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Following on from you're post, I urge you to go back to blitz for a full day, i find it hard to write a review on 1.5 hour of playing, I've been to blitz 5-6 times since it opened and had no problems, I agree with you on the bit about getting trapped in spawns, I've had it happen to me a few times, you just have to be aggressive as a team to fight out of the spawn, if you have any problems please contact the directors of airborne airsoft they're really approachable guys, always taking on points from players and putting the player first! But again I urge you to go back again don't let one bad game put you off going again.

Do you work for them as well? Think I am starting to spot a trend. Do you get a gold star or a free can of stella for this?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Polarstar, SMP, etc. - HPA (high pressure air) rifles. Very high (and adjustable) rate of fire and quick trigger response. Have known twats to use them in CQB because in semi they're like a paintball gun - you can get 20-30rps out of them if your fingers are quick enough. This certainly isn't just at a handful of sites though as there's usually one or two wherever from what I've heard. Gives HPA a bad name.

Because you can go to a cqb site like the mall and get a whole days play for £35 in bigger and better venue where the marshalls do there job properly.

I was tempted to get in touch with the site about organising regular private games for myself and also for forum meets, but after reading all this and looking at online reviews think I will leave it alone.

Got to ask mamba do you work for them?

Asking because you only joined today and jumped straight on here sticking up for the site. Are you really the stealth employee who has to defend the beer swigging unprofessional marshalls because it didnt work.

I think I and most forum members will listen to brightcandle more as he a well known forum regular.

Because these issues are with Airbourne Airsoft and not the site. This is not indicative of how Ultimate Airsoft runs its games or its site. If you came to me to look to hire the venue and run your own own games, then they would be run by YOU. And then you'd have to deal with complaints when you or one of your crew make a bad judgement call or just stuff up. Please don't condemn the site just because a third party has had issues. This is not the fault of Ultimate Airsoft Whitechapel or the venue. Your being a bit unfair. And it is entirely possible (actually, a fact) that there are many players who are really happy with the way Airbourne Airsoft run the majority of their games and are prepared to come onto this forum in their defence. Don't disrespect them for it.

If you want to talk to me about hiring my site then please, come and talk.

• Supporters

Because these issues are with Airbourne Airsoft and not the site. This is not indicative of how Ultimate Airsoft runs its games or its site. If you came to me to look to hire the venue and run your own own games, then they would be run by YOU. And then you'd have to deal with complaints when you or one of your crew make a bad judgement call or just stuff up. Please don't condemn the site just because a third party has had issues. This is not the fault of Ultimate Airsoft Whitechapel or the venue. Your being a bit unfair. And it is entirely possible (actually, a fact) that there are many players who are really happy with the way Airbourne Airsoft run the majority of their games and are prepared to come onto this forum in their defence. Don't disrespect them for it.

Unfortunately I think it reflects on you that this happens. If you allow people to use your site for events its part of your responsibility to make sure that the site is being used responsibly. It screams of poor overall management.

I respect you for coming on hear to address the issues its just a shame that you hadn't already got a handle on it. I honestly believe to put all the blame back on airbourne airsoft is a bit of a cop out.

As for disrespecting people defending the site I didnt disrespect the forum member who has been a member for a while because that is probably genuine. I disrespected those who joined today to jump to the defence of the site because those posts are giving off a funny odour.

I think this could be a good time to step back and take a look at at the whole business plan. Offer full days at a reasonable price and make sure that events are run properly, whether thats by yourself or others. At the end of the day its the site that gets the bad reputation it doesn't matter who is running the event.

The fact that some players are deliberately dishonest at chrono (cheating it or simply not presenting a weapon) happens everywhere.

Rubbish.

I am also the owner of Bunker 51. I have two other Airsoft groups who use the site as well as beginning to run my own games with my staff. In addition, the site runs as an overflow for our laser tag operation which is at the front of the site. We also hire the site out for immersive theatre experinces and private functions. It's getting used s lot.

Wolf have been invited down to view the site but haven't as yet. BYOM is something we could look at at times we're not busy.

Well, intentional or not, Airbourne have allowed the impression that it's their site, to exist.

I was tempted to get in touch with the site about organising regular private games for myself and also for forum meets, but after reading all this and looking at online reviews think I will leave it alone.

:(

Thanks for this. I'll look into introducing a policy for any player using HPA.

This is it's own can of worms, you want to keep it simple.

At the chronograph, test the gun with the weight of ammo they intend to use (always use your own BBs at the initial chronograph) and use a simple table to calculate the muzzle force. It's not absolutely necessary to then check to see if they get the similar results with their own ammo.

Alternatively just chrono HPA guns with 0.28g or heavier ammo as your standard practice.

When carrying out any subsequent HPA spot checks (with or without any suspicion) do so initially with the players' own magazines - and cross check those results with what is expected from whatever ammo weight they said they'd use (and the results that particular gun got at the initial chronograph) - if their muzzle force has changed (and hop alteration does not explain the variation) re-test with your own ammo at the weight used at the initial chronograph.

Never take a players word for it on whatever weight they claim to have in their magazine - this is not a question of honesty, but safety.

As for rate of fire; I'd say removing players, on a case by case basis, from the play area for 20 minutes if they abuse rate of fire potential is enough.

Please don't go overboard.

I sent you a PM earlier. Sending another. :)

• Root Admin

Thanks for this. I'll look into introducing a policy for any player using HPA.

I'm an HPA user myself and most of us are good, but the thing about HPA in solenoid engines like Polarstar, SMP, Valken etc. is they are capable of firing as quick as you can pull the trigger so marshals do have to be aware of people overshooting in the case of HPA users. I wouldn't say bringing any policies in is a good idea because there are bad players who use AEGs and HPA but with HPA it's a little more obvious when abused in CQB.

A proper cronograph is enough (HPA can Joule creep a lot, but that's another story). The rest comes down to the marshals. I've never been though - was just an offhanded commend about HPA. Again, it gets noticed when people abuse it.

Unfortunately I think it reflects on you that this happens. If you allow people to use your site for events its part of your responsibility to make sure that the site is being used responsibly. It screams of poor overall management.

I respect you for coming on hear to address the issues its just a shame that you hadn't already got a handle on it. I honestly believe to put all the blame back on airbourne airsoft is a bit of a cop out.

As for disrespecting people defending the site I didnt disrespect the forum member who has been a member for a while because that is probably genuine. I disrespected those who joined today to jump to the defence of the site because those posts are giving off a funny odour.

I think this could be a good time to step back and take a look at at the whole business plan. Offer full days at a reasonable price and make sure that events are run properly, whether thats by yourself or others. At the end of the day its the site that gets the bad reputation it doesn't matter who is running the event.

Bright Candle you said you was guna write a bad review about Airborne last August ish when you were in our Airborne Milsim team Vendetta page when no one stepped up as vendetta leader at the event on fathers day you threw your toys out the pram. You love a moan, I guess this is it you must sit on a grudge for ages. Bless ya.

Ive just seen this on the Airborne page with about 30 good reviews flown up in half a day.

I always find Airborne Events very well run and the staff very professional and friendly and ive been going 2 ish years. Ive almost written off most other sites unless they are epic jus to keep going to Airborne events because of this.

• Supporters

Bright Candle you said you was guna write a bad review about Airborne last August ish when you were in our Airborne Milsim team Vendetta page when no one stepped up as vendetta leader at the event on fathers day you threw your toys out the pram. You love a moan, I guess this is it you must sit on a grudge for ages. Bless ya.

Ive just seen this on the Airborne page with about 30 good reviews flown up in half a day.

I always find Airborne Events very well run and the staff very professional and friendly and ive been going 2 ish years. Ive almost written off most other sites unless they are epic jus to keep going to Airborne events because of this.

What about the other two people saying how bad it was on here?

I am sure airborne run some good events but unless you were there you cant say how bad that day was. Have you actually played that site? If so please give your review just try not to make it sound as fan boyish as your post.

Time for a lock I think before it gets out of hand. Everything has been said that needs to be said? Personally I agree 100% with TriggerHappy, time to look at your business model. £30 for 4 hrs simply doesnt cut it when the Mall is just down the road; even setting aside these issues.

Time for a lock I think before it gets out of hand. Everything has been said that needs to be said? Personally I agree 100% with TriggerHappy, time to look at your business model. £30 for 4 hrs simply doesnt cut it when the Mall is just down the road; even setting aside these issues.

Lock a thread which has provided so much illumination? I for one am glad about everything i've read here, because now I know that, until I hear otherwise, the problems reported in relation to this venue are down to airbourne airsoft, that said I think if I had the opportunity to attend an outdoor event or milsim run by airbourne I would still give them the benefit of the doubt and give them a try.

Brightcandle got it right in the title, to distinguish between airbourne airsoft and the venue, and the discussion going on here is not between the accused (airbourne airsoft) and the OP or any other, and even if it was, it's still just a discussion.

I do think airbourne should be ashamed of creating the impression they 'are' this venue, and then doing such an allegedly bad job at it, but as an unregulated sport, our expectations are just that, expectations, airbourne can, insofar as insurance allows, do whatever they like.

We judge them to a standard they are not obligated to stand up to. However, money talks, but it does not seem airbourne airsoft are, at least in the short term, vulnerable to that kind of talk. However, Ultimate airsoft, the real owners, are. This is what is being discussed here (and why the discussion should continue).

Furthermore, the rate you have stated as terminal to this thread is not even correct. As that relates to airbourne airsoft, not the person whom you addressed your comment to.

I just had the inkling it was getting personal Sacrathe thats all. I subscribe to everything you say.

I just had the inkling it was getting personal Sacrathe thats all.

If you mean with regards to airbourne airsoft, I am a very compartmentalised person, I don't recall making any negative comment about them, which was not directly in relation to the whitechapel venue in some way, and as above I would absolutely attend another event run by them.

I subscribe to everything you say.

I don't understand.

Come on, man. No disrespect to The Mall, it's an awesome site, but it's 47 miles away. Hardly just down the road. We are in Zone 1 London. 4min walk from a tube station. We're only £5 dearer. With free off street parking (and that's like gold in London). Toilets, showers and a bar in the top floor. And yes, we don't offer 6hr game sessions, but we're in the heart of London. It's not cheap for me to hire space in this location.

Well this has been an interesting read, but I have to say I am slightly miffed by the comments. Now, while I haven't been to Blitz CQB (I have been there for a look round but am yet to play there), I am a regular player for the last 18 months with Airborne and have to say that I always found them professional, and courteous. They have always gone out of their way to make sure players have a good day at their events that I have been to. Now that's not to say everyone will have an amazing experience, because lets be honest, you can never please everybody, but I have had no problem and still have no problem recommending their events in general to anybody looking for a good day.

Now for my 2 pence on these comments.

You've got three guys who have made negative reviews, and two guys who have made positive reviews. One of those positive reviews has been accused and criticised of being a member of staff because it was his first post, yet the same can be said, in terms of criticism for one of the negative reviews, who joined yesterday, made one negative comment and hasn't been back on since. So let's ignore both of those. Out of the two remaining negative comments, one of those guys has already said he would give the site another go, and then you have the third negative post, which was the original post, from Mr BrightCandle.

This comment reeks of bitterness to me, and I'll explain why. The reason being that last summer Bright Candle joined the Airborne Airsoft MilSim series to play on the Vendetta side of the series, which is player led. It is not led by DS from the event organisers. We were struggling at the time to get a leader to volunteer for the upcoming event, due to it being fathers day. Unbeknown to BrightCandle, what happened is one of our guys rearranged his family stuff (He's a father) to take over command and by all accounts the event was well run and a good day as usual. Unfortunately this happened after BrightCandle decided to kick off and start throwing abuse at how the game was being run (This is about 2 weeks before the event even took place). He criticised the lack of planning, when in fact there was plenty of planning going on behind the scenes, which I myself was involved with (as a player not staff). Subsequently he was kicked off the event and told not to attend because of his bad attitude and rude/abusive comments. After being told this, and prior to being banned from the team Facebook page, he commented on how he would "leave a bad review of Airborne Airsoft and it's events" despite the fact that he had never actually played an event with Airborne (his own words) and was pulled off the event in question some 2 weeks before it even took place. Now it could just be coincidental that he forgot about how p*ssed off he was with Airborne and decided to just go to one of their events anyway, although I'm not sure how someone who was so negative toward them would then go and play at their latest venue/event. But his final statement of "This site is all kinds of sh*t, don't go... This is one to avoid." Doesn't show any objectivity. He's telling people to not go rather than giving his opinion and leaving it to you to make a decision. I could be wrong though, but the way he has worded this, and given his final comments to us all before being kicked off the team, it seems more like this has been written out of spite. Especially given the amount of good reviews that come from the place.

As for the price, well, what some can afford others can not. And that's not a dig at anyone whatsoever, but you have to remember that some people are willing to pay that money. In fact, just a look at Airborne's Facebook page will tell you that. Since this post has gone up there have been loads of positive comments on there to counter the three negative comments on here. Not to mention all the positive feedback so far from the large amounts of players who have already played there.

And with regard to the beers, I wasn't there but by all accounts it was 1 beer that had been bought by a customer for the staff as a thank you Christmas present (which in itself screams of gratitude for the way the site is run. I mean lets be honest. You wouldn't buy some beers for the staff if you had a c*nt of a day would you!!). Further to this, the guy who bought the beer has said this "Afternoon all Airbonre Airsoft have always run a professional game at all time, great lads one drink at Xmas was a donation from myself for a great experiences I have had and if I didn't have a good experience when I visited back in October I wouldn't be still playing and have a wicked time there".

And just to clarify before I get asked if I'm a member of staff. I am not. I am not affiliated with Airborne in any way, other than I play their MilSim series, help out with commanding the team (their games take the format where the players do the tactical planning based on the teams missions and objectives for the day!), and I post my game play videos to my YouTube channel. I do not get paid for taking on the planning for the Vendetta team either. And before I get called a fan boy, or as us grown ups call it, a fan, yes I am fan of Airborne. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have played at their events on a near monthly basis for the last 18 months and spent hours planning MilSim operations for myself and the players of their events.

If you mean with regards to airbourne airsoft, I am a very compartmentalised person, I don't recall making any negative comment about them, which was not directly in relation to the whitechapel venue in some way, and as above I would absolutely attend another event run by them.

I don't understand

I agree with you.

Come on, man. No disrespect to The Mall, it's an awesome site, but it's 47 miles away. Hardly just down the road. We are in Zone 1 London. 4min walk from a tube station. We're only £5 dearer. With free off street parking (and that's like gold in London). Toilets, showers and a bar in the top floor. And yes, we don't offer 6hr game sessions, but we're in the heart of London. It's not cheap for me to hire space in this location.

Which is fine, and I (and presumably others) understand that. I was trying to put forth on how that is your competition and how from my point of view as a potential customer its a more attractive proposition given the context of this thread and all the potential issues it has raised with the site and potentially how its ran.

Well this has been an interesting read, but I have to say I am slightly miffed by the comments. Now, while I haven't been to Blitz CQB (I have been there for a look round but am yet to play there), I am a regular player for the last 18 months with Airborne and have to say that I always found them professional, and courteous. They have always gone out of their way to make sure players have a good day at their events that I have been to. Now that's not to say everyone will have an amazing experience, because lets be honest, you can never please everybody, but I have had no problem and still have no problem recommending their events in general to anybody looking for a good day.

Now for my 2 pence on these comments.

You've got three guys who have made negative reviews, and two guys who have made positive reviews. One of those positive reviews has been accused and criticised of being a member of staff because it was his first post, yet the same can be said, in terms of criticism for one of the negative reviews, who joined yesterday, made one negative comment and hasn't been back on since. So let's ignore both of those. Out of the two remaining negative comments, one of those guys has already said he would give the site another go, and then you have the third negative post, which was the original post, from Mr BrightCandle.

This comment reeks of bitterness to me, and I'll explain why. The reason being that last summer Bright Candle joined the Airborne Airsoft MilSim series to play on the Vendetta side of the series, which is player led. It is not led by DS from the event organisers. We were struggling at the time to get a leader to volunteer for the upcoming event, due to it being fathers day. Unbeknown to BrightCandle, what happened is one of our guys rearranged his family stuff (He's a father) to take over command and by all accounts the event was well run and a good day as usual. Unfortunately this happened after BrightCandle decided to kick off and start throwing abuse at how the game was being run (This is about 2 weeks before the event even took place). He criticised the lack of planning, when in fact there was plenty of planning going on behind the scenes, which I myself was involved with (as a player not staff). Subsequently he was kicked off the event and told not to attend because of his bad attitude and rude/abusive comments. After being told this, and prior to being banned from the team Facebook page, he commented on how he would "leave a bad review of Airborne Airsoft and it's events" despite the fact that he had never actually played an event with Airborne (his own words) and was pulled off the event in question some 2 weeks before it even took place. Now it could just be coincidental that he forgot about how p*ssed off he was with Airborne and decided to just go to one of their events anyway, although I'm not sure how someone who was so negative toward them would then go and play at their latest venue/event. But his final statement of "This site is all kinds of sh*t, don't go... This is one to avoid." Doesn't show any objectivity. He's telling people to not go rather than giving his opinion and leaving it to you to make a decision. I could be wrong though, but the way he has worded this, and given his final comments to us all before being kicked off the team, it seems more like this has been written out of spite. Especially given the amount of good reviews that come from the place.

As for the price, well, what some can afford others can not. And that's not a dig at anyone whatsoever, but you have to remember that some people are willing to pay that money. In fact, just a look at Airborne's Facebook page will tell you that. Since this post has gone up there have been loads of positive comments on there to counter the three negative comments on here. Not to mention all the positive feedback so far from the large amounts of players who have already played there.

And with regard to the beers, I wasn't there but by all accounts it was 1 beer that had been bought by a customer for the staff as a thank you Christmas present (which in itself screams of gratitude for the way the site is run. I mean lets be honest. You wouldn't buy some beers for the staff if you had a c*nt of a day would you!!). Further to this, the guy who bought the beer has said this "Afternoon all Airbonre Airsoft have always run a professional game at all time, great lads one drink at Xmas was a donation from myself for a great experiences I have had and if I didn't have a good experience when I visited back in October I wouldn't be still playing and have a wicked time there".

And just to clarify before I get asked if I'm a member of staff. I am not. I am not affiliated with Airborne in any way, other than I play their MilSim series, help out with commanding the team (their games take the format where the players do the tactical planning based on the teams missions and objectives for the day!), and I post my game play videos to my YouTube channel. I do not get paid for taking on the planning for the Vendetta team either. And before I get called a fan boy, or as us grown ups call it, a fan, yes I am fan of Airborne. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have played at their events on a near monthly basis for the last 18 months and spent hours planning MilSim operations for myself and the players of their events.

Whether or not there is history to my mind is neither here nor there, the concerns raised re pricing, alcohol on site (yes even if its just one beer), apparent lack of chrono, admitted lack of marshalling, concerns over hot HPA guns are all valid and would require answers from AA. Now, the site owner has addressed some of these and should be commended for that, but it remains to be seen if any future reports back on the site show it to be well ran considering we haven't heard directly from them that they have been.

No disrepect, but there is always some form of bias toward a 'home' site on behalf of those that play there and what the guys on the AA FB page and yourself may view as being acceptable standards may not be to the rest of the community.

I would dearly love the site to be reported on as being good value for money and worth the time and effort to attend as I love CQB sites, but when you have such esteeemed competition as the Mall and look at how it is ran you can appreciate that as a potential customer the reputation of Blitz is beginning to preceed it.

Archived