Stirling airsoft - The sandpit milsim question

Pandysec

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while, or played much either, been working away a lot!

Any how my question is about the millsim game at the sandpit, held by Stirling airsoft.

The last milsim I played with tier one, we took sleeping bags but in all honesty hardly used them in 36 hours, and it was more kit to carry for a long time, as we were on the isaf forces.

With Stirling do at the sandpit do you drop all your heavy gear off first, then just use a patrol pack, or will it be similar to tier 1, as I want to pack light, but would like it, if I don't have to lug it round for 3 hours!

Any help is much appreciated, plus any help with what the game play is like, as tier one had some pretty impressive pyro set up during the game too.

Andy

• Supporters

Generally with the TF side at the sandpit you set up in the new FOB in the corner of the site, a basha and a campbed are highly recommended! That said, you may end up setting up in one of the buildings in the main complex in which case the basha won't be needed.

Either way, you won't have to carry it about with you. There's no mention of it being a hard routine weekend on the page so I'd say you're likely to be setting up your stuff friday evening/saturday morning (depending when you arrive) and working from an established base all weekend.

Generally with the TF side at the sandpit you set up in the new FOB in the corner of the site, a basha and a campbed are highly recommended! That said, you may end up setting up in one of the buildings in the main complex in which case the basha won't be needed.

Either way, you won't have to carry it about with you. There's no mention of it being a hard routine weekend on the page so I'd say you're likely to be setting up your stuff friday evening/saturday morning (depending when you arrive) and working from an established base all weekend.

Thanks mate - I was hoping as much!

• Supporters

If the organiser can't even get back to you with answers on questions this basic... well personally I wouldn't be giving them my money.

The milsim I went to, I asked the company putting it on a lot of the exact same things you've asked here and they got back to me very quickly with detailed answers. You're paying out a fair bit of cash to go to an event like this and bringing the right stuff is vital, lest you end up bringing either a load of gear that's physically impossible to carry around, or are woefully under-prepared at the other end of the scale.

If the organiser can't even get back to you with answers on questions this basic... well personally I wouldn't be giving them my money.

The milsim I went to, I asked the company putting it on a lot of the exact same things you've asked here and they got back to me very quickly with detailed answers. You're paying out a fair bit of cash to go to an event like this and bringing the right stuff is vital, lest you end up bringing either a load of gear that's physically impossible to carry around, or are woefully under-prepared at the other end of the scale.

What event did you go to? I'm wanting to go to a 2-3 day game during the spring/summer but can't find any.

I lot of events seem to be like that. I recall asking questions about the National Airsoft event and got absolutely nothing back from the organisers. It seemed pretty reasonable to be wanting an iternary for the Friday considering there was no play scheduled until dusk that day so I could assess if I should be there in the morning or evening and they never responded. I ended up not going because they didn't answer. Don't go is my advice, any organiser that isn't going to answer basic logistics questions about encampment etc before the game starts isn't going to be running a well organised event.

• Supporters

What event did you go to? I'm wanting to go to a 2-3 day game during the spring/summer but can't find any.

Company called WarZone. They only go to 36hr AFAIK, but that was a good length to my mind. There's very little roleplay, no 'one side in all multicam, the other in talib/daesh garb' trying to make it play out vaguely like afghan or iraq; which is obviously popular with a lot of folks and that's fine, but I've no interest in recreating that style of thing personally. Just 2 pretty much equal teams, one in desert cam and tan, the other in woodlands and green, fighting it out for control of the area.

I lot of events seem to be like that. I recall asking questions about the National Airsoft event and got absolutely nothing back from the organisers

Well.. that's Z1 for you.

Personally after the reviews I've read, I wouldn't dream of going anywhere near the NAE. Way too much unsafe behaviour and thievery going down.

Yeah that's the issue - the kit list on thier website is quite vague. We have bivvi's (carp fishing ones, in green) and basha's but it's heavy gear, like all I wanted to know is if we turn up at 6pm for instance can we park near where we will be camping, or is it a 2mile hike with all this heavy gear. And then if it turns out we are camped inside a budiling with a roof, we don't need the bivvi. And it was a waste carting it all there.

Also it says start time is 18.00 on the Friday, but the tickets say 9am on the Saturday, when we called up yesterday and got hold of them, it starts at 10am on the Saturday, so all the times don't match up, I was under the impression it was a Friday night to Saturday night game, but now it's a weekend game, which is fine, but I told my misses I'd be back Saturday night, now it's Sunday morning - she wasn't impressed!

• Supporters

you'll be able to arrive on the friday after 1800, game on isn't til saturday morning though.

If you're in the main buildings then you'll be able to park immediately outside before moving your car up to the car park, if you're in the FOB then you'll have to park in the car park and stirling run a truck to and from the FOB so you won't have to carry all your stuff.

you'll be able to arrive on the friday after 1800, game on isn't til saturday morning though.

If you're in the main buildings then you'll be able to park immediately outside before moving your car up to the car park, if you're in the FOB then you'll have to park in the car park and stirling run a truck to and from the FOB so you won't have to carry all your stuff.

Thanks mate - I'm taking the lot then! If I don't need it, it'll stay in the van! 👍

One other question, I assume you've been to this one before, what's the likelihood of sleeping outside?

• Supporters

One other question, I assume you've been to this one before, what's the likelihood of sleeping outside?

about 50/50, if you're in the FOB then you'll be sleeping outside, it's just a couple of HESCO squares on top of a hill. Basha will 100% be required unless you fancy getting wet!

about 50/50, if you're in the FOB then you'll be sleeping outside, it's just a couple of HESCO squares on top of a hill. Basha will 100% be required unless you fancy getting wet!

I presume my pop up fishing bivvi is ok - it does state bivvi on thier website, sod it I'm taking it, it's far more comfortable than a basha, plus there's two of us, and the basha X 2 would take up more room.

I presume my pop up fishing bivvi is ok - it does state bivvi on thier website, sod it I'm taking it, it's far more comfortable than a basha, plus there's two of us, and the basha X 2 would take up more room.

2 men in 1 tent :o

You better sleep back to back.

2 men in 1 tent :o

You better sleep back to back.

It's surprisingly spacious.... Plus if it's cold we can have a tactical cuddle, with the front zipped up obviously.....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.