Velocity Reducer(s)

Twice19

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone have any experience with using Velocity Reducers on AEG's?

Are they any good? Or is there a better *cheap* FPS downgrade option?

I've started repairing my old JG M4 and when test firing it the Coke Can Chrono is giving me approx 420-450fps.

I'm looking for a cheap downgrade as I don't want to pile a load of money into downgrades if the gearbox turns out to be naff after 5yrs of no use.

(It all seems fine for now, no probs feeding etc - but no telling how it will standup to some proper use).

I'm a total noob at anything remotely technical, so if i can drop the FPS without cracking the gearbox open...even better!!

Cheers

2x19

• Root Admin

I really doubt your old JG M4 is shooting 420-450fps. Get it chronograph properly or you have no starting point. Maybe borrow from a friend or take it to the site you're intending to visit and have a backup rental ready?

I mean the easiest way is to change your spring. It'll only cost you a tenner but it will require you opening up the gearbox (though all solutions bar widening the barrel need that).

Does anyone have any experience with using Velocity Reducers on AEG's?

Are they any good? Or is there a better *cheap* FPS downgrade option?

I've started repairing my old JG M4 and when test firing it the Coke Can Chrono is giving me approx 420-450fps.

I'm looking for a cheap downgrade as I don't want to pile a load of money into downgrades if the gearbox turns out to be naff after 5yrs of no use.

(It all seems fine for now, no probs feeding etc - but no telling how it will standup to some proper use).

I'm a total noob at anything remotely technical, so if i can drop the FPS without cracking the gearbox open...even better!!

Cheers

2x19

dude, just take your spring out and put a 300fps rated one in there. its that simple lol even a monkey could do it

Thanks, guys.

I'll look into getting a new spring for it.

Proffrink: I'll admit I was surprised too. From what I remember it was running at around 350fps when I played regularly. I've swapped the front end around so I now have a Tokyo Marui hop & full length inner barrel (used to be a 110mm barrel).

The change of hop and barrel shouldn't effect FPS so drastically though, should it?!?

unless the original hop was very leaky I don't see how the new hop could improve the FPS by 100, best advice is as already given and drop in at a local site as ask for a cheeky chrono or borrow one from someone.

Thanks, guys.

I'll look into getting a new spring for it.

Proffrink: I'll admit I was surprised too. From what I remember it was running at around 350fps when I played regularly. I've swapped the front end around so I now have a Tokyo Marui hop & full length inner barrel (used to be a 110mm barrel).

The change of hop and barrel shouldn't effect FPS so drastically though, should it?!?

if its a tightbore yes it will increase fps by a lot,

if the barrel is longer is will increase fps aswell

Thanks for the advice, new spring to be ordered on payday.

Although the barrel is longer, it's not a tightbore (although this is going to be an upgrade in the future)

i have put a short tight bore on my cm16 and it has lowered the fps

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.