Airsoft problems poll

CES_williamson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm a nooby hi-cap shake rattle n roll samba de amigo mofo

But as I am now wanting to test my skills - or rather lack of some may say....

Anyway I was saying.....

If I want to up the ante a little I have now started only half filling my hi-caps to appease any mid-cap mofo's who think I just spray & pray

31FKmSte9zL._SX425_.jpg

now I only half fill it to 2,500 bb's :D

mind you pouches were a bitch to find but think I finally got it sorted:

ergo-front-org-2.jpg

drop the sprog - mega mag pouch for box mags - though think if loaded up I may be a little unstable

(nothing new there you may say)

• Head Moderator
My absolute biggest gripe that's tangible though is hi-cap goddamn magazines (sorry Trigger). Of course I'm not going to say anything (and I own a couple myself out of necessity so probably should anyway) but the noise, the winding, the lack of fun reloading all for the sake of a few more shots. I wish they didn't exist I really do because everything is genuinely more fun when you're not strapped to 2-3 maracas and have to panic reload occasionally.

I have tried looking all over for these Maraca magazines that people keep mentioning but cannot find any for sale in the UK ;)

Dont know why you're saying sorry to me I use 40 rnd low caps mostly.

I hate high caps but I do carry one full to the brim to prevent the rattle, for those moments when you just have to be a bit heavy handed.

Keeping the hi-cap full is a good idea to reduce noise but then the bottle of spare BBs will rattle badly like one of those shakey stick instrument things when you refil the hi-cap to keep it quiet :(

But here's what I don't get: Most hicaps on a full wind you can get maybe 100 shots from before you need to tension the spring again, right? Midcaps are now around 150-180 capacity with certain brands so if you want to do a bit of pray and spray without letting up then they're surely the better option anyway.

But if a hi-cap can fire same number of BB as a mid-cap, then using a hi-cap wins as there is no need for doing all those milsim magazine reloads, if I wanted to go full retard I would wear MTP as well ;) Plus when camping on a stairway I am not moving or rattling either :)

I run hi-cap mags coz why carry 5 mags when 1 will do? I am locked to semi so don't need to worry about running out of BBs, I just can't be bothered to carry unnecessary kit.

Just having one hi-cap fitted and no other kit for an hours game is nice and uncomplicated. Gets me back to airsoft basics like a novice rental player :)

Jokes aside, I use both hi-cap and low-cap depending on the site, location of where I want to play, and how I feel. For example, I do tend to favour a single hi-cap when down in dark basements or tunnels for pure convenience and not wanting to wear a battle belt or vest. Outside, I prefer low-cap mags in chest rig and battle belt, and enjoy the reloads and seeking cover to quickly re-bomb a mag with the speedloader.

I have tried looking all over for these Maraca magazines that people keep mentioning but cannot find any for sale in the UK ;)

Keeping the hi-cap full is a good idea to reduce noise but then the bottle of spare BBs will rattle badly like one of those shakey stick instrument things when you refil the hi-cap to keep it quiet :(

But if a hi-cap can fire same number of BB as a mid-cap, then using a hi-cap wins as there is no need for doing all those milsim magazine reloads, if I wanted to go full retard I would wear MTP as well ;) Plus when camping on a stairway I am not moving or rattling either :)

Just having one hi-cap fitted and no other kit for an hours game is nice and uncomplicated. Gets me back to airsoft basics like a novice rental player :)

Jokes aside, I use both hi-cap and low-cap depending on the site, location of where I want to play, and how I feel. For example, I do tend to favour a single hi-cap when down in dark basements or tunnels for pure convenience and not wanting to wear a battle belt or vest. Outside, I prefer low-cap mags in chest rig and battle belt, and enjoy the reloads and seeking cover to quickly re-bomb a mag with the speedloader.

You can make a high cap last a hour?

Mine only lasts a few minutes

• Head Moderator

You can make a high cap last a hour?

Mine only lasts a few minutes

I rarely use full auto, prefer a few aimed shots. If I have not hit them with a couple of shots then another 40 are not going to do much. I dislike those stand-offs in a corridor and stairs where players just spank rounds at each other without much success. I prefer to try flanking or find a different route, or get bored and go forward to see how far I can get. Using a TM the rate of fire is fairly low as well.

• Head Moderator

Do not get me started on 'dump' pouches, ratle ratle rattle scratch. Or maybe that is just me with metal mags.

Edit: Actually have never bothered using the dump pouch, tend to just put my mag back into a mag pouch or pocket.

I run hi-cap mags coz why carry 5 mags when 1 will do? I am locked to semi so don't need to worry about running out of BBs, I just can't be bothered to carry unnecessary kit.

^very reason I switched to hi-cap. plus the kit kept getting stuck when trying to climb thru small windows and in confined spaced. Ended up dumping my vest outside in most cases.

I sneak and run as quietly as anyone, so for people complaining about the rattle... stop shaking the gun, it's not a damn maraca!!

I sneak and run as quietly as anyone, so for people complaining about the rattle... stop shaking the gun, it's not a damn maraca!!

This^

I don't know what people are doing to apparently make them so noisy, but unless you're running (which would be noisier than the mags anyway) I've never had a problem with HiCaps making noise. (Barring flash mag winding!) ;)

• Root Admin

Eh, na. In woodland the noise of a shaking hicap is very distinctive vs. the muffled sound of running on leaves and the occasional twig breaking. It's certainly more audible than running I'd say. There've also been times I've been close to someone hiding behind something and they've given away their position through the silly noise the winding wheels (or cords on a flash mag).

The best way I've seen people doing it is carrying a full hicrap and a few midcaps - using the midcaps until they run out then switching to the hicap if necessary; saves on noise because the hicap is full until used but also not so many magazines that they're getting in the way.

Found the easiest fix for that is to have this and shove it in a utility pouch instead.

Also stops you juggling bottle lids.

• Head Moderator

Found the easiest fix for that is to have this and shove it in a utility pouch instead.

Also stops you juggling bottle lids.

Second that. It was one of my first airsoft purchases, liked it and then bought another smaller one. I find the smaller size better; they are easy to squeeze into pockets and pouches. The desert cam is a good choice so that it stands out against woodland floor or indoors if dropped.

Only improvement would be a small funnel on a cord as well so that the BBs can be even more easily poured into mag or speedloader.

• Supporters

Problem with airsoft:

In the UK skirmishes are like paintball games. That's because games are run by the fields and most of those evolved from paintball fields.

If you have only played in the UK you don't know how fun airsoft can be where teamwork is the first, where you depend on your fire team where there are proper objectives to achieve and the actions of a team is coordinated by a commander.

The games in the UK should evolve but because here the field owners organize games it will always be playing paintball with airsoft guns. If there would be dedicated game organizers who are independent of a field, games could evolve.

And this - as most of the things in the UK - comes down to insurance companies. They don't let you play airsoft anywhere legally even if the owner of an area would allow it. This way we have to use the established, boring and paintball like fields and we are stuck, because they won't risk profit.

(Offtopic rant on insurance companies: here they are so powerful you have to get insurance for everything. And they make you pay a fortune. In my old country my car insurance costed me about £10 a month, and when there was an accident, they covered it no probs. Here I pay 15x more and when someone bumped into my car and even stated it was her fault, I didn't get paid for the repairs.) (But apart from the insurance companies, airsoft and customer service, the UK is great. ;) )

A lack of national organisation. Lack of national awearness. I could easily see an Airsoft skermish being good tv. Especially cqb.

Body cams, gun cams and good cctv style cams. Am not talking about YouTube videos. If there are any media students on here who like the sound of it for a trial then put my name down.

A lack of national organisation. Lack of national awearness. I could easily see an Airsoft skermish being good tv. Especially cqb.

Body cams, gun cams and good cctv style cams. Am not talking about YouTube videos. If there are any media students on here who like the sound of it for a trial then put my name down.

Would it be anything like that X-Fire Gameshow that if i remember correctly was bloody cheesy at times. This was 2000/2001 though.

• Supporters

People who dont take 50/50 hits, the ones who either claim they wasn't hit or give it "I hit you first".

Because that half a second makes all the difference.

If you are one of those people I dont like you because anyone who does that is a pathetic tosser.

I'm getting pretty bored of people doing this. Plus people that wait till they hit you before calling hit, even if that's up to 5 seconds at a few metres.

People who dont take 50/50 hits, the ones who either claim they wasn't hit or give it "I hit you first".

Because that half a second makes all the difference.

If you are one of those people I dont like you because anyone who does that is a pathetic tosser.

Aww, man, but I hit you before you fired!

• Head Moderator

Playing yesterday, dont recall taking any particularly painful hits there and didnt notice it until I got home. Aches a bit today though.

So did you call that hit or not? ;)

If that is your right arm, then could possibly have been whilst trying to take the bunker next to the C&A basement. On one occasion there was a green standing flat against the wall to your right who shot you close up as you were in the doorway, that allowed me to aquire and shoot him, unfortunately no one else went forward with me into the room where I was shot in the back and followed you back to regen (again). Of course it was more likely to have been the terminator on full auto in the last game.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.