Airsoft problems poll

CES_williamson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, if you could spare a minute could you please just quickly take a look at a poll i made:

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=56b337d9e4b0012bd712f1b5

I know the link is small i cant really change it, it is just asking about the main issues that i find, and was wondering if you guys had the same problems?

If you could vote i would really appreciate it!

Thank you!

CES.

• Supporters

speedloaders not working...

mainly use hi-caps but on m4 got elite force flash bastid loader though m4 only

Airsoft bag - everything gets dumped...

my organised chaos routine - easy answer buy 2 bags or take less crap

but I start organised then 5 mins before I leave - ooh better grab that & that - uhm maybe that too etc....

Lipo's - 1 in gun and spare in gun bag pocket away from any sharp objects....

Ammo - only get mediocre ammo for my mediocre guns but would avoid buying in bulk as batches may change

also some say swelling occurs especially more on bio's

Innovations - think little "new" brilliant "wow" stuff emerges that often but small minor improvements or slightly better guns/equipment appear

we got hpa, more guns are coming with mosfets as std, yup think many good improvements are being implemented into off shelf items now

What is wrong with Airsoft - apart from moi......

uhm ergh apart from some people's attitudes at some places or media trying to whip up terrorist sport bollox.....

Not much really - most stuff in this world has its faults and us old bastids will moan about most stuff like weather too hot/cold etc...

if site is crap or players are nobs - try different site

if gun is crap - fix it or buy a better one

if you get too stressed - chill and find something or some site that don't get ya so worked up

if I'm a pain in the ar$e - ergh soz, I'm done

but there are a few things here n there but nothing that bad

but I try not to take these toy guns too seriously - just a bit of fun for me

EDIT - mega mega way way too serious ego inflated players who think they are so superior to everybody else on field and this earth

yup - that gets my goat up a bit but I try to just laugh at them knowing they are a bigger pratt than me

(yeah I know that is going some)

• Head Moderator

Speed loaders jamming and just not working very well

I use the Tokyo Marui pistol and M4 style speedloaders, had no issues with either one

No decent choice of airsoft bag, e.g everything just gets dumped into a bag and no structure to it

I use my old army kit bag, holds enough (battle belt, BBs, bayonet, gas, mask, helmet, etc, and has small plastic internal pocket for car keys, and pockets at either end for lunch, and other items. Use a gun bag which has external pocket for mags. I pack on the day before, check I have all equipment necessary.

I think bigger issue is that sites do not all cater very well to the space we need to get sorted and allow enough free table area per player to kit up.

No safe way of transporting and storing lipo's

I bought some cheap plastic boxes for each LiPo battery, easy to carry to a game in kit/gun bag and protects them. I keep them in ammo tin at home along with all other batteries in their own plastic containers.

No cheap but good quality ammo available in bulk

Define cheap and bulk. Patrol Base sell ASG 0.25g Blaster 12 bottles x 3000 BB for £70, which is good value even with P&P.

Getting Blaster Devils 0.28g and 0.30g for price of Blaster 0.25g if bulk, i.e. 6+ would be good.

No new guns or innovation in the airsoft world relating to the guns we use

I would like better quality internals and external parts on all stock guns. Bought TM for their reliability out of the box.

issue not an option ( please email if you...

Players not taking their hits (apparently in Japan it is almost unheard of for players to cheat).

Poor marshals not stepping in to deal with issues or regulate the game.

Poor game briefs not clearly giving instructions and general time wasted in safe zone between games.

• Supporters

Most airsofters are sound but sadly the arseholes are louder.

Agreed a lot of airsofters are great people but there is a certain sort of person who gravitates towards airsoft that really bugs me.

They are the person who is basically a weak person the type who was bullied but put them in an environment where they feel safe and they are a total dick.

The sort of person who becomes a manager and then precedes to bully their underlings to feel better about themselves.

These people when they get on an airsoft field because they feel safe because there is always a marshall on hand turn into the worst airsoft player in the world.

They are the first to scowl and come out with a crappy comment when someones high cap rattles. They will always try and act superior to the kids and rentals. Even worse is when they snap at or come out with a snarky comment to a player who they wouldnt say boo to on the street.

I hate people like this they need to learn that just because they have a toy gun and a face mask on its not time to try and make up for the fact life has pushed you round.

Cheaters I can ignore, the over the top load mouth is no problem but these sort of people I just want to grab by their twiglet neck and shake. Thankfully they are still a minority.

The only thing worse is when one becomes a marshall.

Rant over carry on ☺

Marshalls who don't realise we just want to play for fun. I don't care if u play ultra series week long milsims. I just wana chuck little bits of plastic at other people, I don't need;

a coach

my tactics improving

to have an aim to my load out

telling why I should upgrade my gun

Also an this really p*ssed me off: I don't need moving from my defencive position because your mates are on the other team an I am holding them all out of a room. Coz there shit.

You know what would be good if they done a every man for themselves game just for a laugh. Just run around shooting no hit calling or anything if you get shot you shoot them back. I like the tactical side of airsoft and milsim games are good but sometimes I wanna pretend to be the terminator and walk about randomly shooting not bothering if I get shot.

Like others have said, the people are the only issue, they are generally the only thing you have no control over, everything else can be fixed. I've been to a site a couple of times where there is a team that is always there, now i generally don't come across teams but these guys seemed to act like they are "Elite" airsofters at a friendly skirmish sunday. So far i've seen different members:

• Whine that the team they were on for the day was rubbish so sat out of the games for the rest of the day meaning the team had less people on their side and everyone had to switch up teams to make it even again.

• Complain that someone shot them in the face when walking to the respawn whilst they walked through the middle of a firefight, rather than around the firefight.

• One of them shooting people on their own team for not "pushing up" past the objective that was under their control because "We should keep\them in their respawn" rather than give them a chance to get back into the game.

The reason i have issue with this is, as much fun as it is to win, you've got to understand that everyone else there has paid money to enjoy a day out, berating people because your aggravated does nothing for you, your team or any new/first time players getting into airsoft. Also i'm not against teams entirely but you've got to pick and choose your times to be serious and that's what MilSim is for, but often see things around the internet of Teams going too far and thinking they're god's gift to airsoft.

• Root Admin

People are the issue with nearly everything, people - it's a lazy point to make:

Theme parks? Ruined by too many people

Driving? Ruined by idiot people

Restaurants? Ruined by loud people

Public transport? Ruined by strange and wonderful people

Facebook? Ruined by people who can't spend one minute without sharing a piece of their life/opinion you don't care about

Airsoft is never going to be an exception to that: People shouting 'move up' when not bothering themselves, people offering unsolicited (and often wrong) advice on guns, people who make no effort to include others who've just started, people who leave half way through because they've brought their sniper rifle along but can't shoot, people who don't call their hits - particularly people who run at you and take a few shots before hitting you and then claim it's a straight kill trade, people who over-spam their HPA solenoid engine and give us all a bad name and/or don't understand how Joule creep works and end up shooting hot. The list goes on.

My absolute biggest gripe that's tangible though is hi-cap goddamn magazines (sorry Trigger). Of course I'm not going to say anything (and I own a couple myself out of necessity so probably should anyway) but the noise, the winding, the lack of fun reloading all for the sake of a few more shots. I wish they didn't exist I really do because everything is genuinely more fun when you're not strapped to 2-3 maracas and have to panic reload occasionally.

My absolute biggest gripe that's tangible though is hi-cap goddamn magazines (sorry Trigger). Of course I'm not going to say anything (and I own a couple myself out of necessity so probably should anyway) but the noise, the winding, the lack of fun reloading all for the sake of a few more shots. I wish they didn't exist I really do because everything is genuinely more fun when you're not strapped to 2-3 maracas and have to panic reload occasionally.

Not everyone can be like you and able to count backwards from 30.

Though on that subject, I bought an electric hi-cap a few months back. I used it at one gameday, half way through the second game I returned to the safezone to exchange it for midcaps. It was electric, it performed flawlessly insofar as its function as an electric hi-cap. As a hi-cap it was awful, it was just impossible for me to use any kind of stealth - and a few other issues, non of which were related to it being electric.

I'm going to sell it. I contemplated keeping it to give to any friends I might bring along, but i'd rather see them reload - or fail at, reloading, than miss out on some great gameplay. I rarely say this, but each to their own when it comes to hi-caps, if it works for you then awesome.

However, if they invented a quiet 500rd magazine, would I use it?

I already thought of a way to make a 450 hi-cap quieter, fill it with lots of vertical rods so the bbs can only contact each other vertically.

• Root Admin

Let me tell you a story about midcaps vs realcaps/lowcaps.

Edit

I rarely say this, but each to their own when it comes to hi-caps, if it works for you then awesome.

You should keep 'each to their own' at the forefront of all thinking when it comes to a hobby like this: It's just part of not being an arse. Off at a slight tangent here but this is another moot point I really don't like people making though; why prefix everything one says with 'just saying' or 'I know it's just my opinion, but...' - very few of the day-to-day interactions we have are based in fact. In something as subjective as gear, guns and taste in toys it absolutely goes without saying that 'each to their own' is important.

I'd never call out someone I don't know on using hicaps because ultimately that'd be for my own benefit - It's the point Trigger was making earlier on with people who cannot keep their thoughts to themselves when around people they've not met.

• Supporters

Dont know why you're saying sorry to me I use 40 rnd low caps mostly.

I hate high caps but I do carry one full to the brim to prevent the rattle, for those moments when you just have to be a bit heavy handed.

• Root Admin

But here's what I don't get: Most hicaps on a full wind you can get maybe 100 shots from before you need to tension the spring again, right? Midcaps are now around 150-180 capacity with certain brands so if you want to do a bit of pray and spray without letting up then they're surely the better option anyway.

(sorry Trigger) Also, you're* (/sorry Trigger)

• Supporters

(sorry Trigger) But here's what I don't get: Most hicaps on a full wind you can get maybe 100 shots from before you need to tension the spring again, right? Midcaps are now around 150-180 capacity with certain brands so if you want to do a bit of pray and spray without letting up then they're surely the better option anyway.

Also, you're* (/sorry Trigger)

Using a Sig you get a choice of low cap or high cap. The only mid caps available are mag ones that I have to modify to fit but they are crap.

Some Ics high caps will do about 150ish but most I reckon you're lucky to get even a hundred.

As for your correction I had already changed it. Its late and I am relying on predictive text as too busy trying to get this bloody gearbox to work properly to pay much attention.

But here's what I don't get: Most hicaps on a full wind you can get maybe 100 shots from before you need to tension the spring again, right? Midcaps are now around 150-180 capacity with certain brands so if you want to do a bit of pray and spray without letting up then they're surely the better option anyway.

(sorry Trigger) Also, you're* (/sorry Trigger)

I run hi-cap mags coz why carry 5 mags when 1 will do? I am locked to semi so don't need to worry about running out of BBs, I just can't be bothered to carry unnecessary kit.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.