Well L96 MB01

Skippy77

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking for a first/starter spring powered sniper type gun.

I already have a Kings Arms Russian SVD AEG however this is site safe and shoots at 323 fps. I had to down grade the spring from 140 to 100 to get this site safe.

As a result it doesn't have the range it did have with the 140 spring and thus I'm looking for a sniper gun around the £120 mark and with an fps under 450 fps.

any suggestions welcomed

Mike

Get yourself a VSR clone and airsoft pro parts. Trigger pack (includes trigger, spring, spring guide and piston), then Action Army hop.

Failing that a well/warrior with a few parts will do too. Namely barrel, bucking and chamber.

Taiwangun is your best bet, cheap, good service, no tax and arrives in 3 working days usually.

One site states the fps of the Well L96 MB01 as being 458 fps, will most site still allow this on?

Could I not just get a new barrel to make it more accurate?

Thanks hef

• Root Admin

Most sites are 450 or 500.

I suggest you do your own research first on how to upgrade because no, it's not as simple as that and I'm not inclined to explain it all here when it's so well explained on these forums and others.

I echo what Hef says about a VSR clone though: Look into the JG BAR if you can't afford the TM VSR.

One site states the fps of the Well L96 MB01 as being 458 fps, will most site still allow this on?

Could I not just get a new barrel to make it more accurate?

Thanks hef

If you buy from TG, they'll downgrade to whatever FPS you need for free :)

Most sites are 450 or 500.

I suggest you do your own research first on how to upgrade because no, it's not as simple as that and I'm not inclined to explain it all here when it's so well explained on these forums and others.

I echo what Hef says about a VSR clone though: Look into the JG BAR if you can't afford the TM VSR.

Just to backup what Poffrink is getting at, the upgrades I listed will let you use the rifle at that FPS at an alright performance level. But to make the same point as Prof, for a true performing sniper build there are pages and pages of guides on upgrades/mods/tuning etc which are worth reading to get the best out of any rifle.

I've just seen a Well VSR11 on bbguns4less for £90.

I want to know if you can fit a silencer to these?

So I'm torn with Well MB01 L96A1 or MB03 VSR11.

There are not as many options for the MB03 though.

• Root Admin

You can buy a suppressor adapter from LayLax or PDI for about £10-15 that'll allow you to attach one, yeh. What do you mean by 'options'? Colour? If you're looking at VSRs then look at the JG clones rather than Well - they make a better one and are quite cheap on Taiwan Gun.

I'd still recommend the VSR having upgraded both. The L96 is nice and novel, but it's not as compact and just doesn't feel quite as functional. Plus getting spares for things like the receiver is pretty hard.

Also, don't buy from BBGuns4Less; terrible website and service.

Are you buying this 2-toned?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.