Teeth shot out

AirsoftgoesAli

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If you want something similar to Samurai....have a look at this http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/half-face-airsoft-protection/seriously-tactical-usa-steel-mouth-mesh-mouth-sheild-black.htm#.VrDGsPmLRmA

I am thinking of purchasing it

I always think of the risk involved going into an engagement. If I'm in a woodland, then I won't wear it. I'll just keep my mouth shut. Wearing a mask is extremely uncomfortable for me, but I always have it on me so I can quickly put it on in a matter of seconds if a situation arises where there is an increased risk of me getting hit.

I know there's a chance of me getting hit in the mouth, but for me, I would rather have the comfort of not wearing it and take the small risk for woodland, but I'll always wear it in CQB, where you are working at much closer distances.

@nickh Was you at F&O's RAF Yatesbury on sunday?

• Supporters

For those that are happy wearing a shemagh and glasses, I'd recommend trying something as per this (shameless link to my employer, other places may stock it)

Think it's a great idea, doesn't impede your cheek weld and gives the vital dental protection required, whilst letting you still communicate easily and look operator as fuck.

If you want something similar to Samurai....have a look at this http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/half-face-airsoft-protection/seriously-tactical-usa-steel-mouth-mesh-mouth-sheild-black.htm#.VrDGsPmLRmA

I am thinking of purchasing it

That seems handy, cheers!

19 years and I'm still to find a decent solution for mouth protection.

With wearing glasses, Every mask either sits terribly, blocks vision, gets in the way of the stock & sights or all of the above.

I don't mind a paintball mask in close CQB, but for woodland I'd like something more usable!

• Supporters

Owner at my local had his front tooth cracked by bb

Getting shot under 6ft at Epsom right on the jaw line on the extreme edge of the full face mask tells me I will continue with better safe than sorry approach.

Still looking for better comfort but I want to keep my ugly but intact looks for now

never used to wear one, being ex military i never actually thought about it, i mean i didnt wear it in Iraq and those BBs were a little bigger lol, after a few weeks i switched to a lower neoprene mask. Ive taken a few hits that wiuld possibly have taken a tooth out without the protection so im pleased with the decision.

I always think of the risk involved going into an engagement. If I'm in a woodland, then I won't wear it. I'll just keep my mouth shut. Wearing a mask is extremely uncomfortable for me, but I always have it on me so I can quickly put it on in a matter of seconds if a situation arises where there is an increased risk of me getting hit.

I know there's a chance of me getting hit in the mouth, but for me, I would rather have the comfort of not wearing it and take the small risk for woodland, but I'll always wear it in CQB, where you are working at much closer distances.

@nickh Was you at F&O's RAF Yatesbury on sunday?

Yes I was mate, i was wearing dark blue waterproof trousers with green tape on my legs. Was NATO all morning then defected to the Russians in the afternoon to help them out

Are you the one who charged on the dune & took out the nest ?? & did you recognize me ??

I have played games without lower protection but I always keep my mouth shut when I'm getting shot at. I do tend to wear something even a scarf folded a few times so its padded at the mouth I don't want to loose teeth.

For those that are happy wearing a shemagh and glasses, I'd recommend trying something as per this (shameless link to my employer, other places may stock it)

Think it's a great idea, doesn't impede your cheek weld and gives the vital dental protection required, whilst letting you still communicate easily and look operator as f*ck.

I've bought a lot of my stuff from PB. Really impressed with how quickly stuff gets delivered by the way.

But yes im looking at sewing this into a shemagh. Im going to try to get on with a face mask once more. If it find it uncomfortable i'll be making another purchase from PB.

Since I need to present a professional image at work, I don't really have a choice. Even if I did I would still wear lower face protection.

It's taken a lot of work to sort my teeth out so I'm not wasting that for the sake of looking "operator".

wrap your mask in a bandanna or similar for extra tacti-swag

This is what I do shemagh wrapped around mesh mask

• Moderators

i wear either one attached to fast helmet or the other one with ear protection. just dont want any risks, as mentioned at other sites, at UA it happens atleast once a month. Your mates may comment but what happens if they get a tooth hit?, id rather have my teeth while I can than pay hundreds to get them fixed.....is it worth it for a few £?

end of the day we can only advise on our experiences whether a few games or many or previous injuries and we all have differing opinions, its up to you in the end and what you are comfy with :)

Owner at my local had his front tooth cracked by bb

Getting shot under 6ft at Epsom right on the jaw line on the extreme edge of the full face mask tells me I will continue with better safe than sorry approach.

Still looking for better comfort but I want to keep my ugly but intact looks for now

would have to be a right idiot to play at Epsom without face protection!!

When I first started playing I loved the fact I could just wear shooting glasses, having moved across from paintball and annoying masks!

Then one game a mate had his front tooth shot out and it cost a few hundred quid for a crown. Shortly after I had a bb bounce off my front tooth - luckily doing no damage. I've worn face protection ever since. It's not as comfy and doesn't look as tacticool as shooting glasses, but saves me from a big bill and more pain :)

I also need an opinion on if lower face and shooting glasses are a safe combination or not?

How long is a piece of string?

Lots of people report having vertical [power mask] ricochets, do the glasses you wish to wear have any gaps or don't they?

Try it and find out, i'm sure it will be safe until it's not. :rolleyes:

I also need an opinion on if lower face and shooting glasses are a safe combination or not?

It will depend on what kind of game play. Cqb or woodland?

Yes I was mate, i was wearing dark blue waterproof trousers with green tape on my legs. Was NATO all morning then defected to the Russians in the afternoon to help them out

Are you the one who charged on the dune & took out the nest ?? & did you recognize me ??

Yes I was the one who did the charge :P But no, I didn't recognize you at all. If I did, I would have come and said hello

That's ok mate so don't worry but again fairplay for your charge :)

Are you going back end of this month ??

• Supporters

It will depend on what kind of game play. Cqb or woodland?

how is that relevant? you can be shot up close in woodland too, something is either safe or it isn't!

Personally, I wouldn't say it's 'unsafe' but the possibility of a ricochet up into your eye is there with mesh and it's not there without. If in doubt wear full face.

Woodland and there is a gap in the bottom of the glasses

Engagement distances TEND to be greater in woodland. Most get away with a shroud over the mouth. If you feel uncomfortable with that you could try a mouth guard but it's difficult to talk.

There are lot of good pairs of shooting glasses that fully wrap around you face with very few gaps but the is always a risk with this form of eye pro.

If you ever play cqb wear solid (mesh) mouth pro and sealed eye pro.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.