Combat Machine Mk18 Mod 0

Lozart

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just looking for anyone with direct experience of this gun really - looking to build a Mk18 for not loads of money and wondered if it was a decent enough platform to start from. I know the rail is plastic but what how does it mount to the receiver? Is it capable of taking a metal rail at a later stage if so desired? Is the gun generally decent or am I going to spend the same again replacing the guts?

Have at it!

Note - I'd rather have people with direct experience answer than a guy who saw his brothers mates uncle using one on youtube once. Cheers.

Had 1 as my starter gun, from the start of 2015 still going reliably, while it is plastic, it is a nice plastic so to speak, and you don't really notice the difference, i did replace the standard rail with a cheapo metal keymod rail, which fit easily enough, it takes a special tool to get the barrel nut off though.

Ive had no issues as of the moment, range could be better, but being a combat machine, its t be expected.

Hope that helps as a amateur view

(Oops missed a year out i mean 2014, lost track a bit)

• Supporters

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/delta-ring-tool-for-r8-cm18-rush-gng?filter_name=tool

out of stock but I'm sure you could improvise something

nice gun but dunno how far you would go as its still a Combat Machine

but a nice CM - one of my favourites with its 2-tone black/tan/black effect

s/hand one on offer ???

coz if buying new think I'd be tempted to look at a FFR 2 with newer style receivers

no white CM plus 3 rnd burst already fitted at same price as CM18

(I know you said about a mk18 project but if changing front end maybe look at the new SR FFR ones with new receivers)

But if a s/hand CM18 came up then go for it sir

I had not noticed the rails was plastic. That explains a lot.

Where was this thread a few months ago, just started taking mine apart. Lozart, do you know if the G&P (cw) outer barrels will work in this G&G body?

From my experience they do not fit.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.