Sign in to follow this  
Lozart

Combat Machine Mk18 Mod 0

Just looking for anyone with direct experience of this gun really - looking to build a Mk18 for not loads of money and wondered if it was a decent enough platform to start from. I know the rail is plastic but what how does it mount to the receiver? Is it capable of taking a metal rail at a later stage if so desired? Is the gun generally decent or am I going to spend the same again replacing the guts?

Have at it!

Note - I'd rather have people with direct experience answer than a guy who saw his brothers mates uncle using one on youtube once. Cheers.

Had 1 as my starter gun, from the start of 2015 still going reliably, while it is plastic, it is a nice plastic so to speak, and you don't really notice the difference, i did replace the standard rail with a cheapo metal keymod rail, which fit easily enough, it takes a special tool to get the barrel nut off though.

Ive had no issues as of the moment, range could be better, but being a combat machine, its t be expected.

Hope that helps as a amateur view

(Oops missed a year out i mean 2014, lost track a bit)

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/delta-ring-tool-for-r8-cm18-rush-gng?filter_name=tool

out of stock but I'm sure you could improvise something

nice gun but dunno how far you would go as its still a Combat Machine

but a nice CM - one of my favourites with its 2-tone black/tan/black effect

s/hand one on offer ???

coz if buying new think I'd be tempted to look at a FFR 2 with newer style receivers

no white CM plus 3 rnd burst already fitted at same price as CM18

(I know you said about a mk18 project but if changing front end maybe look at the new SR FFR ones with new receivers)

But if a s/hand CM18 came up then go for it sir

I had not noticed the rails was plastic. That explains a lot.

Where was this thread a few months ago, just started taking mine apart. Lozart, do you know if the G&P (cw) outer barrels will work in this G&G body?

I had not noticed the rails was plastic. That explains a lot.

Where was this thread a few months ago, just started taking mine apart. Lozart, do you know if the G&P (cw) outer barrels will work in this G&G body?

From my experience they do not fit.