Front sight question

Kinger555

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Thanks but was thinking just the inner bit? Don't really want to buy a whole new front sight

Is it threaded in the back end or is it pinned/screwed on?

• Supporters

can you not just remove the sight by tapping out the pins? If not a 2" barrel extension should do the trick if it is threaded.

Just what I was going to suggest!

• Supporters

can you not just remove the sight by tapping out the pins? If not a 2" barrel extension should do the trick if it is threaded.

Just thought - aren't the combat machine sights moulded on?

• Supporters

Nope, the inside isn't threaded, it slides on to a thinner 'middle outer barrel'. TM used to do them the same way back when, saves money on metal I guess.

I wondered if that was the case.

In summary then - buy the part from Land warrior as linked by Berto and remove the top part of the sight or change the whole outer barrel to a solid one the right length.

Or just grind it off with a dremel and repaint the end of the barrel.

I wondered if that was the case.

In summary then - buy the part from Land warrior as linked by Berto and remove the top part of the sight or change the whole outer barrel to a solid one the right length.

Or just grind it off with a dremel and repaint the end of the barrel.

I went the 'cut it off' route so I could put a 10" rail on it then pipe lagging over the barrel to deaden the sound (actually worked as a Marshall at the chrono commented on it)

BTW, it's the larger inner diameter lagging I used

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.