Newbie looking for some advice

Sean

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I am looking at getting back into airsoft. Well I say back but all that means is I did it a few times when I was younger. Nothing serious and only with rentals. However I now like the idea of taking it up regularly.

I have a few questions I was hoping you seasoned vets could help me out with

1) I live in Brighton. Does anyone know any good sites near me?

2) is it a bit weird that I would do this on my own? Is it normally groups of people who do it or would I be ok turning up on my own?

3) what is the average age of people who do this? I'm 30

4) in terms of getting my own gun I presume it's best to go to a few sessions and try out rentals? However other than a gun what else do I need to buy to get started?

5) is there anything I should know before getting involved. I'm pretty excited about starting it up and I'm the sort of idiot who goes head first in everything I try so I'm trying my best to not go a splash a load of money on a new gun.

Anyway thanks for reading and thanks in advance for your responses.

Sean

• Supporters

Read the guides especially Ian's guide

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

Hef is down Sussex way I think so there are a few sites around there Worthing I think

30yrs old - jeez ya well past it

The ages on here range from 13 to jeez mid 50's or more

So I think you will be OK for a while yet

Hi all,

I am looking at getting back into airsoft. Well I say back but all that means is I did it a few times when I was younger. Nothing serious and only with rentals. However I now like the idea of taking it up regularly.

I have a few questions I was hoping you seasoned vets could help me out with

1) I live in Brighton. Does anyone know any good sites near me? DOGTAG Airsoft nr Crawley isn't too far, although I guess Worthing is closer.

2) is it a bit weird that I would do this on my own? Is it normally groups of people who do it or would I be ok turning up on my own? Nope, lots turn up by themselves to all the sites I've played at :-)

3) what is the average age of people who do this? I'm 30 I'm 40+ as are most of my mates so 30.... you is only a mouse on a wheel! :D

4) in terms of getting my own gun I presume it's best to go to a few sessions and try out rentals? However other than a gun what else do I need to buy to get started? You can't buy your own gun unless you want a crappy 2tone paint job... need to wait a while before you'll be able to buy your own.

5) is there anything I should know before getting involved. I'm pretty excited about starting it up and I'm the sort of idiot who goes head first in everything I try so I'm trying my best to not go a splash a load of money on a new gun. All the while you are renting, not much as the site will supply all you really need. I suggest a good set of boots though.

Anyway thanks for reading and thanks in advance for your responses.

Sean

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.