WE HK416 888 (AEG) upgrades?

Alex Matcher

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently I got a WE HK416 (AEG) and i have wanted to upgrade the internal parts of the rifle. After doing some research on the internet about upgrade parts I only found upgrade parts for the gbb version of the rifle. As I am quite new to internal upgrades I would really appreciate some help.

What internal upgrades (names of upgrades) do you guys recommend for the gun?

Thank you for your time

• Supporters

if you are quite new to ripping aeg's apart

then I strongly suggest you try to gain experience on a cheaper Combat Machine or something first

especially if you bought a new £200-£250 WE 416

yes you can do this n that to nigh on any aeg but if learning - well we all are still learning tbh

but if starting out - either start to rip apart cheaper guns first and learn from possible mistakes

or really really read up loads and loads and loads - watch vids and open your first box inside a carrier bag

(often your first gearbox opening results in $hit flying everywhere...)

personally - if gun is ok but you just want to up your rof then maybe change motor to a shs torque

but keep lipo to 7.4v

should get you to say 18rps - especially if you go down the deans route

no more juice or trigger contacts will burn out until you install a mosfet later on...

once gun starts to play up over time - THEN look to open her up and replace bits as needed

but try to resist buying a nice gun and thinking about ripping her open asap

Hey guys, I have already had experience with another m4 aeg and have TRIED to upgrade it but since I don't have much experience on upgrades i kinda need you guys help. I am looking for about 350 fps, but I am mostly looking for accuracy,range and tight groupings.

• Supporters

To get 350fps you need a spring between a m100 and m110 which will depend on how good everything else is in your aeg.

Accuracy, range and groupings is all about barrel, hop and ammo.

Firefly bucking, prommy blue flat nub and a PDI 6.08 barrel is probably the easiest good set up. Use 0.28g bbs and it should be good if set up right.

• Supporters

Ahhhh soz if I jumped the gun a bit - excuse the pun

just didn't want you to start ripping open the box too soon

yes what you seek is mainly down to the barrel/hop/bucking

please leave box well alone for now - often it don't need touching until it starts to go tits up

• Supporters

Trigger can answer this better but lets say I found out that flat hops & maybe r-hops don't work ultra brilliant on tight bores

I tried a 6.02 zci with prommy flat nub (bridged) blue I think and did f*ck all really

in fact a longer cyma stock barrel n hop unit seemed better but hey ho maybe I fitted it all badly

but learnt many use a normal or slightly wider bore with higher end hop setups

• Supporters

hey guys thanks for responding. What do you guys think of the RA tech maple leaf hop up? And why 6.08, i read that 6.03 was the best?

Thanks guys I really appreciate it.

You read the same myth that has been quoted for years and its not correct in my opinion and I have tried pretty much every decent barrel and bucking and nub combo on the market. Tightbores can help with range but do nothing for accuracy. Best barrel you can get is actually 6.23 orga but thats not really an option as it takes a fair amount of effort to get it working on an AEG properly. PDI 6.08 best for most set ups PDI 6.05 will give slighty better results but needs lapping which is a crap job.

Maple leaf bucking you mean?

Its ok but best standard bucking and nub combo in my opinion is what I said earlier.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.