Odin Innovations M12 Airsoft Speed Loader

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have the Odin version I considered it an investment ( well that's how I justified £60 on a speedloader ) 

it is fantastic and I can load my recoil mags in seconds but it does have drawbacks 

it sounds like maracas so if you plan on carrying it on your person then stealth is not an option unless next to a motorway. 

The adaptors are very hard to find I can't use it for my vector,mp7,fnx,mk23 etc so it's limited in application 

but it is a speedloader that does m4 mags like a charm 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/2/2017 at 10:08 AM, MrMcG said:

it sounds like maracas so if you plan on carrying it on your person then stealth is not an option unless next to a motorway. 

Take it apart and buy a thin layer of neoprene sheet... stick to the inside of it an hey presto barely any noise.

They are a piece of piss to take apart and reassemble.

2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Take it apart and buy a thin layer of neoprene sheet... stick to the inside of it an hey presto barely any noise.

They are a piece of piss to take apart and reassemble.

This is something I noticed with mine a few weeks ago and with most hi-caps, most of the noise is from the casing/magazine, not the BBs - hi-cap refurbishment business opportunity?

On 5/5/2017 at 0:08 PM, Sacarathe said:

This is something I noticed with mine a few weeks ago and with most hi-caps, most of the noise is from the casing/magazine, not the BBs - hi-cap refurbishment business opportunity?

I'd be way to lazy to even think about doing that... plus I hate high caps.

On 2/5/2017 at 11:00 AM, jcheeseright said:

It'll work with TM recoil mags but they don't click into place like normal AEG mags do. You have to hold them in place but it definitely loads them fine.

Saw last night that the recoil mag attachment has been released but for the life of me i cant remember what page shared the info.

3 minutes ago, tinkle60 said:

Ouch, didn't even look at the cost as I don't own a recoil... but that's a bit excessive! also the design itself seems to add to the cost which seems bizarre to me, why not make some some sort of insert that uses less plastic?

On 5/11/2017 at 9:39 AM, clumpyedge said:

Ouch, didn't even look at the cost as I don't own a recoil... but that's a bit excessive! also the design itself seems to add to the cost which seems bizarre to me, why not make some some sort of insert that uses less plastic?

Because it wouldn't be sufficiently stable? You literally get what you pay for with 3D prints. I've got every single adapter they do, and some of them have lasted longer than the sidewinder itself.

On 5/12/2017 at 3:01 PM, GiantKiwi said:

Because it wouldn't be sufficiently stable? You literally get what you pay for with 3D prints. I've got every single adapter they do, and some of them have lasted longer than the sidewinder itself.

I think my line of thinking was maybe adapting the mag catch somehow rather than having a bulking base adapter? again as its been said paying another $30 when you can just hold the mag in seems way to excessive but no doubt some will pay for it.

Are are of the adapters internal based rather than external (when I say internal I mean in the mag well of the speedloader itself)

On 11/05/2017 at 9:39 AM, clumpyedge said:

This works:

http://www.evike.com/products/46946/

And it looks more complex in terms of number of parts and type of parts. But, it doesnt stop 4-5  bbs dropping out on mag changes from the odin. So remember to 180 after loading.

• 3 weeks later...

Im looking for one of these AK adapters, dont fancy paying $40 shipping on top of the $30 and then whatever import on top...

• 10 months later...

Universal mag adaptor for the Odin. 3D printed and works on pretty much all magazines (except pistols). 

Had mine a few months now and its filled every mag I have tried.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3HG4G9T48/odin-innovations-m12-sidewinder-generic-adapter?optionId=63970268&li=marketplace

Shapeways are great quality. I have one one of their printed TRMR holders too. 

• Supporters

seems like that might be tricky to hold the mag, loader and turn the handle at the same time?

even so, still nifty, although when the time comes i'll probably just 3d print me own for whatever pattern mag i'm using.

I have a 'Nuprol' version of this speedloader and it does help a lot when re-loading, but as expected it's of cheap quality and has bits broken on it already.  I can still use it, but I don't expect it to last much longer.  Might have to bite the bullet and buy a real 'Odiin' as I don't ever want to feel cramp in my hands again..lol

• Head Moderator

This is no longer Latest News, so moved to Guns, Gear & Loadouts.

• Supporters

2 hours ago, Monkman said:

I have a 'Nuprol' version of this speedloader and it does help a lot when re-loading, but as expected it's of cheap quality and has bits broken on it already.  I can still use it, but I don't expect it to last much longer.  Might have to bite the bullet and buy a real 'Odiin' as I don't ever want to feel cramp in my hands again..lol

I'm surprised, ive seen the nuprol ones and from what i can see they're the same thing without the logo, maybe inferior plastics?

The real one does have a bit of a flimsy feel to it whilst still being solid enough.

• Supporters

It’s the gearing inside that’s the big difference , the Odin has much much better quality gears than the Chinese knock offs  .

as to the adapters , balls to paying £20+(And some of the mag specific ones are over £40 each , wtf !) for a 3D printed one ! I made my own , get a knackered old M4 cut to size piece of loading tube epoxy’ed in it and a chunk of quite dense foam glued in with a piece of anti slip on that .once you work out the right technique for loading your mags you can load all of them with it , I’ve even loaded shotgun shells with it ! ;)

9DC9C676-07F5-49D0-B9D1-561C81C4DD16.jpeg

Archived